Laval Rocket: Game 5 @ Syracuse Crunch (Laval Wins 3-2 in OT) - Laval Wins Series 3-2!!!

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I'm not hopeful considering how they've played in this series. Unless some forwards step up, I don't see them winning.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The offense needs a jolt for sure, the goals just haven't been coming in this series, even though the team has been playing well. Some of the vets need to really step up tonight.

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The offense needs a jolt for sure, the goals just haven't been coming in this series, even though the team has been playing well. Some of the vets need to really step up tonight.

They have scored 10 goals so far in the 4 games they've played (scored 10 in 3 games since last game they were shut out). Syracuse has scored 11. It's a really tight series.

Schnarr, who didn't finish last game and was uncertain if he'd be healthy for tonight, is on the ice this morning and according to Marcotte, is looking good.

JF Houle said that if Schnarr is good to go, they will go with 7D and 11F again. It also sounds like Abbandonato will play tonight.

Jul 6, 2016
They have scored 10 goals so far in the 4 games they've played (scored 10 in 3 games since last game they were shut out). Syracuse has scored 11. It's a really tight series.

Schnarr, who didn't finish last game and was uncertain if he'd be healthy for tonight, is on the ice this morning and according to Marcotte, is looking good.

JF Houle said that if Schnarr is good to go, they will go with 7D and 11F again. It also sounds like Abbandonato will play tonight.

Why dress 7 D ? Especially Norlinder....

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
They played well every game except last game.

Game 1, Laval would have won it if Lagace wasn't amazing.
In the 4-1 win, 2 were empty net and they had 7 PP opportunities and didn't register many shots. Take Syracuses top lines off the ice for those 7 penalties as well. I wouldn't say Laval looked all that good. The Crunch beat themselves. Ylonen 1 goal, RHP invisible. Dea I think has 1 empty net goal. I just don't see how they've looked good.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
In the 4-1 win, 2 were empty net and they had 7 PP opportunities and didn't register many shots. Take Syracuses top lines off the ice for those 7 penalties as well. I wouldn't say Laval looked all that good. The Crunch beat themselves. Ylonen 1 goal, RHP invisible. Dea I think has 1 empty net goal. I just don't see how they've looked good.

It doesn't matter if they were empty net goals. There was a reason the other net was empty. Because Laval was winning. Sure, they missed a lot of opportunities. So did Syracuse. As I said, it's a tight series.

You can say that certain players need to step up. On that I agree. But aside from last game, Laval hasn't had trouble scoring.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What are their chances of winning the series and/or going deep into the playoffs?

I might catch some of it if I get up early enough tomorrow (CST+13 here).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What are their chances of winning the series and/or going deep into the playoffs?

I might catch some of it if I get up early enough tomorrow (CST+13 here).

I say it's 50/50. It's a tight series.

If they end up playing tonight the way they played last game, then Syracuse will win.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
It doesn't matter if they were empty net goals. There was a reason the other net was empty. Because Laval was winning. Sure, they missed a lot of opportunities. So did Syracuse. As I said, it's a tight series.

You can say that certain players need to step up. On that I agree. But aside from last game, Laval hasn't had trouble scoring.
If Syracuse didn't get into penalty trouble, (which they didn't in game 4), they would've been able to generate a lot more shots (they had, what, 23, 24?). Even with 7 PPs, Laval barely outshot them. I'm convinced that laval got lucky.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Syracuse didn't get into penalty trouble, (which they didn't in game 4), they would've been able to generate a lot more shots (they had, what, 23, 24?). Even with 7 PPs, Laval barely outshot them. I'm convinced that laval got lucky.

I disagree that they got lucky.

As I said, Game 1, Laval was the better team. The only reason Syracuse won that game was because of Lagace. So this series could have already been over by now if it wasn't for him.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Saturday, Syracuse did like the Lightning; they got ahead and they closed everything down.

It was super boring, as a fan in the stands, but very effective. The goalie never had really dangerous shots.

The best way to prevent that is to get ahead on the scoreboard. Not that easy to do, but it changes everything in the way they play the game.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Saturday, Syracuse did like the Lightning; they got ahead and they closed everything down.

It was super boring, as a fan in the stands, but very effective. The goalie never had really dangerous shots.

The best way to prevent that is to get ahead on the scoreboard. Not that easy to do, but it changes everything in the way they play the game.

Well at least today Lagace is not in net to start the game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Well at least today Lagace is not in net to start the game.

Looks like Groulx is displaying some gamesmanship. Because Lagace was the first goalie out during the warm ups, which is usually the starting goalie that does that.

So with Lagace not practicing this morning, it's either gamesmanship in the morning skate to make them think he's unavailable. Or it's gamesmanship by having Lagace come out first for warm ups (but might not be the starter).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Looks like Groulx is displaying some gamesmanship. Because Lagace was the first goalie out during the warm ups, which is usually the starting goalie that does that.

So with Lagace not practicing this morning, it's either gamesmanship in the morning skate to make them think he's unavailable. Or it's gamesmanship by having Lagace come out first for warm ups (but might not be the starter).

That would be bad news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad