Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - St. Louis 2 BRUINS 1 - Blues lead series 3-2 - II - Barbashev suspended one game

False Start

May 8, 2018
Weird feeling after this one tbh.

After game 4 I was incredibly angry because it felt like the Bruins didn't show up. But this game they showed up and got screwed. I know theres countless "okay the call was bad but the bruins didnt deserve this one anyway" posts but it didn't feel like the Blues did anything to earn this win either. I thought they got outplayed a majority of the game and yet they still win.

Yet i'm not as angry, i just want it pushed out of my brain. just pure apathy.

I feel similar. We played a good hockey game. Just didn't bury the chances at all. Lacked finish.

We didn't deserve to win per say but we certainly got screwed multiple times in this game.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I really wish all the posters who root for other teams would just stay out of here. If any Bruins posters are on other team threads or (I'm sorry guys) stupid enough to go on the main boards, then that's not smart and you're looking for trouble quite frankly.

But for all the others who aren't Bruins fans coming here to post your "thoughts" : We don't give two f***ing shits what you think

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Mojo hit - clear penalty. Clear
Krug getting stick held leading to clear scoring chance. Clear penalty.
Acciari - OMG.

The goal review on DK play. Striking how few angles NBC gave us. And, every announcer just stopped talking. clear silence. Watch again. eerie silence.

But for me, Rupp on NHL Network saying if you have Marchand on your team, the officials are going to ignore penalties . . .on purpose. So not incompetence, but a purposeful ignoring of the rules, not just for minor offences, but in a game where players can be seriously injured, officials are choosing not to police the game and Rupp is ok with that?

Reactions: Estlin and Ladyfan

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Blues have been the better team past 2 games. Their best players have shown up. Bruins just aren’t getting the level of play they need from Bergeron Marchand Krejci Pastrnak. At this stage, your best players have to make their presence known. O’Reilly is owning the Bergeron line. And he’s finding ways to produce offense, ugly offense but offense nonetheless.

I don’t feel good about game 6. Going into their building for a Cup clinching game makes this fan nervous. Potential to get rolled. The Blues are playing some solid hockey.

I don’t want to hear about the refs. We aren’t the Canucks or the Canadiens, we are Bruins fans.

I have been seeing this a lot (about the Canucks), and I don’t get the comparison. It’s been awhile, but I don’t recall plays that Cup Finals where non calls led directly to impact goals. I also don’t recall plays where the Bruins were intentionally trying to hurt their guys with shots to the head.

It was almost all after the whistle, scrum stuff like Marchand speed-bagging Sedin, which should have been called for sure. Or Burrows with the bite on Bergeron.

I get a much different vibe from this series.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The story of the game to me was this;

Guys wanted it. They competed. Mix up of lines and 7 guys on d helped, but also hurt. Not enough chemistry so a lot of out of sync play. They started to click at the end, and due to this, they scored a goal and controlled the play the final 8 or so minutes - minus the missed call and goal there.

Bruins can get Gryzz back next game and either go again with 7 d and hope the chemistry continues or go back to basics and put Backes back in. Either way I personally feel they have some things to be very happy about with their play and need to just keep it going. They also ought to be extra pissed with how the game ended and knowing this is their last chance to extend the season.

If they laid an egg like in game 4, I would predict the series being over Sunday. But they showed a lot of compete, just mentally weren’t there yet.

The bruins need to have their best game of the year Sunday night and I believe they will

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Refusing to give up hope! We are too good of a team to go out like this. At this point though, F..k the refs. Let's try and focus on putting the puck past the goalie and into the dam net and sustaining pressure for 60 dam minutes. The refs will be the refs. Screw em. We're better than this! That.is.all.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I feel similar. We played a good hockey game. Just didn't bury the chances at all. Lacked finish.

We didn't deserve to win per say but we certainly got screwed multiple times in this game.
the missed hits to the head on Krug and Mojo were brutal, and clearly the Acciari play but this team played a good first period and did nothing with their chances other than give the Blues hope. Far too many not doing what they are capable of doing or are being outplayed or simply both.

Other than the first, there was barely solid pressure on the Blues

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
oh man you're right. Egg on my face. Got it mixed up with a different penalty.

Well now I look dumb. *slowly leaves room*

I knew what you meant, just busting stones. It’s like the other poster said with his Seahawks D comparison. It’s almost like the Blues have just said we are going to commit as much borderline shit as we can because they aren’t going to call it all.

Reactions: Spooner st

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Mojo hit - clear penalty. Clear
Krug getting stick held leading to clear scoring chance. Clear penalty.
Acciari - OMG.

The goal review on DK play. Striking how few angles NBC gave us. And, every announcer just stopped talking. clear silence. Watch again. eerie silence.

But for me, Rupp on NHL Network saying if you have Marchand on your team, the officials are going to ignore penalties . . .on purpose. So not incompetence, but a purposeful ignoring of the rules, not just for minor offences, but in a game where players can be seriously injured, officials are choosing not to police the game and Rupp is ok with that?
That's lots of crap, we had plenty of PP before Berube complained about refs without a fine.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Just wanted to jump in here and say I hate to see a good game tainted by a non call like that. We feel your pain since we went through it with the "hand pass" fiasco but that doesn't make it better.

Everyone in the stands, watching TV, the broadcast booth, and even Bozak knew that was going to get called. Only the four eyes wearing the armbands didn't see it.

I will say though, those that are pointing out earlier Blues penalties not called are looking through Black and Gold glasses. I sat with 12 people screaming at the non calls on Bruins players too. I had no problem with the way the game was called until the Bozak trip. That was inexcusable.
Your fan base is full of hypocrites that are telling us to stop whining about the non-call, after y’all put up a huge stink in the San Jose series.

Hopefully they actually decide to call the game like it should be called after our coach bitched last night like yours did after game 3 (you know the game where the standard of reffing in this series completely changed and they started calling nothing).

I don’t know what you hope to accomplish by coming on our board by the way.

ThEy MiSsEd CaLlS oN bOtH sIdEs

Shut the f*** up

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm glad I went to bed when I did. I don't sleep well as it is and it's been worse since the playoffs began. If I had stayed up until the end I would not have slept at all.

I haven't seen the video of the missed call that led to the gwg and I probably won't look at it. I will say this- Cassidy's comments about the officiating are 4 games too late. He & the Bruins should have been all over the officials and the league when Gryz went down. It is too little too late now.

Oh and yet another no show by the top six. If I was a bottom six Bruin I'd be pissed at my "skilled" teammates right about now, they have done diddly and squat while the so called plugs have carried the team. Rask must be frustrated as hell too, his best goaltending is being squandered.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The missed calls on both sides thing is funny to me in this series.

"Barbashev delivered a hit to the head which we have seen get called a major and wasn't called"

"Yea well Nordstrom hooked Dunn as they were both going up the ice away from the play and didn't get called so they missed them on both sides!!!"

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I have been seeing this a lot (about the Canucks), and I don’t get the comparison. It’s been awhile, but I don’t recall plays that Cup Finals where non calls led directly to impact goals. I also don’t recall plays where the Bruins were intentionally trying to hurt their guys with shots to the head.

It was almost all after the whistle, scrum stuff like Marchand speed-bagging Sedin, which should have been called for sure. Or Burrows with the bite on Bergeron.

I get a much different vibe from this series.
Brad got 2 and 10 for it speedbagging Sedin

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I really wish all the posters who root for other teams would just stay out of here. If any Bruins posters are on other team threads or (I'm sorry guys) stupid enough to go on the main boards, then that's not smart and you're looking for trouble quite frankly.

But for all the others who aren't Bruins fans coming here to post your "thoughts" : We don't give two ****ing ****s what you think

as a Global Mod if a report comes in that a Bruins fan is trolling the Blues Board I'll respond to it too. And it wont be pretty for that person.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
After ruminating a bit... Here's how I feel.

The Top 6 going silent is the #1 reason they're losing the series. You can't expect you win when you don't score 5 on 5.

That being said, the inconsistent officiating is certainly #2. Just because the Bruins have a PP edge doesn't make this any less true. When it directly leads to scoring chances (hold on Krug) and goals (Acciari trip), it's beyond inexcusable.

If I had to break down why I thought they were losing the series...I'd go something like:

60% Top 2 Lines
30% Inconsistent/Poor Officiating
10% Bad luck/injuries

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl

Some of it is puck luck. I thought we played pretty well last night for most of the game. I thought we came out awful in the 2nd period and got burned for it. A lot of bounces and posts didn't go our way...thats hockey. We deserved more than 1 goal last night, it didn't happen. If this were a game 3, i would be encouraged...but now there is no margin for error or bad luck.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The story of the game to me was this;

Guys wanted it. They competed. Mix up of lines and 7 guys on d helped, but also hurt. Not enough chemistry so a lot of out of sync play. They started to click at the end, and due to this, they scored a goal and controlled the play the final 8 or so minutes - minus the missed call and goal there.

Bruins can get Gryzz back next game and either go again with 7 d and hope the chemistry continues or go back to basics and put Backes back in. Either way I personally feel they have some things to be very happy about with their play and need to just keep it going. They also ought to be extra pissed with how the game ended and knowing this is their last chance to extend the season.

If they laid an egg like in game 4, I would predict the series being over Sunday. But they showed a lot of compete, just mentally weren’t there yet.

The bruins need to have their best game of the year Sunday night and I believe they will

I would not go 7 D again.

There was very little consistency out of the F group last night, and I think the line mixing had a lot to do with it. Also, I would not put Backes back in.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The missed calls on both sides thing is funny to me in this series.

"Barbashev delivered a hit to the head which we have seen get called a major and wasn't called"

"Yea well Nordstrom hooked Dunn as they were both going up the ice away from the play and didn't get called so they missed them on both sides!!!"
right. it's like saying you got away with jaywalking so its fine if i get away with armed robbery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad