Pre-Game Talk: Game 5 PDSF: Flames @ Canucks | 7PM Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Winnipeg fans haven't seen their team fold and put up gutless performances year after year in the playoffs yet.

You sure about that? The Jets losing 6 straight playoff series to Edmonton, up 3-1 against Vancouver in 1992 then losing in 7 (outscored 21-5 in the final 3 games)..

I've witnessed it all, Jets in the post season playoff collapses.

1990 was the hardest of fails, up 3-1 against Edmonton..lost in 7 and Edmonton wins the cup against Boston.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Pretty sure we win. But we scratch and claw our way and barely scrape by. I know I've been saying this, but this is the last hurra for this group of players and I really hope they realize that. At least for the fans sake.

3-2 Canucks

Edler
Hansen
Kenins

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
They pretty much have to win this one. Not even for the sake of the season, but if they don't there will be huge changes. It'll be tough to grasp what those changes will be, but I'm thinking big.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
4-0 flames. 3-0 after the first and a knife goal through the hart in the middle of the third to make 4-0

WD keeps his job and we have the same season next year but loose to embarisngly the oilers :laugh:

Expectations are different in this market. The Jets were clear underdogs going in, while this series was a pick 'em at the very least. I think anything less than game 7 vs this opponent would be a disappointment.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
They pretty much have to win this one. Not even for the sake of the season, but if they don't there will be huge changes. It'll be tough to grasp what those changes will be, but I'm thinking big.

Nah, management's goal was simply to make the playoffs and they've done that. They aren't going to do a panic rebuild just because they came out flat in a series they should have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad