Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 5 Sunrise 1 - BRUINS lead series 1-0

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
All good. It went northeast of us. Had one last round and now one this round. Is it a “good” omen?

What a win. Boys dug deep but they need to be ready for the bullshit Florida is going to pull on Wednesday. Would love to see Maroon take care of Tkachuk’s unnecessary bullshit.
It won't be easy, but it was sure sweet to win that first game with so much swagger. Sway was excellent but he got lots of help from the team. Lots of guys had a great game. More of this please.

I am quite sure the next game will be more difficult.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Carlo is one of those quiet guys that when he speaks you are taken back by how composed and animated he is. Seems to have the archetype of a good leader as well.
Brandon has worn the "A" at times.

What an amazing couple of days he has had. Congrats on your new baby boy!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Oh yikes. Honestly we were a few bounces from being down 4-2 and it being a different game. Easy now...

We CAN beat them, however.

Swayman made a huge save early on and the Panthers held the play first 10 mins. Bruins could of had 4 after the 1st period and game over and commanded the play mins. 11 through 40. They sat back a bit too much early in the 3rd, Monty calls the timeout, and they go back to attacking more. I thought Bobrovsky kept them in the game.

That's what the Panthers offense relies on, bounces. It's quantity not quality. But they didn't have very many open looks at Swayman last night.

I'm just not that impressed by the team over on the other side. At least not close enough to all the hype they've gotten by the media over the past month or so.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am glad they had Maroon to put out at the end of the game, he really does bring some calming. He annoyed the crap out of me when we played against him.

I hope Bennett isn't going to be coming back - Panthers board was saying maybe not until the 3rd round. ;) Well, that's a bit presumptuous, isn't it?

The time out was perfectly timed by Monty, I am so glad he calmed them down. Love that the goals came from some of the most unlikely players. Toronto wondering how Brazz never made it to the NHL, how they passed on Sway....just some icing on the cake.

A long way to go yet, but embarrassing them in game one in their barn with all those "die-hard" Panthers fans in the building was very sweet. I love that the Bruins fans stayed and got a chant going at the end.
I could not believe how empty that arena was at the end. WOW....way to support your team.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I was dozing off and on and finally shut it off when they scored the fifth. And I’m in the lot at the gym now.

8pm start on a Monday is just brutal.
Yep.

I skate Sunday nights.

Tuesdays are when it catches up to me.
Went for a quick mile and a half run this morning and I’ll lift this afternoon after baseball practice.

Much more tolerable when the sun is still out when I get home and the weather is warm.

WORTH IT.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Fabulous team win, Sway is so dialed in..... it would be criminal to take him out unless he stumbles. Great timeout called by Monty, also I am the biggest Boqvist fan but think Monty made the right call putting in heavy Brown...Boqvist (and Poitras if he were playing) would be easy meat and injury candidates for the heavy Panthers.

Maroon is priceless... anyone see the fake slap shot by Montour after the whistle? I would have gladly taken a penalty to punch him in the face for that action ....we need to be wary of the MT reverse ass check ..not sure what to do about it other than be aware of it and avoid it
Taking nothing from Sway but that was a team win. I love the chemistry between ALL of the Bs playeres.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Barkov, Bennett, Lundell is a very competent C core and game breakers like Tkachuk, Verhage, and Reinhart are hard to contain. Their top 6 is pretty loaded but like the bruins if Bob isn’t making key saves they can get a little lazy on the defensive side. Usually Forsling+Barkov is an unstoppable combo but Barkov can kinda take night off too especially in the playoffs. It’s really just Tkachuk, Montour, Bennett, and Carter that scare me

The strength of their team is their forward group no question. That D corps is pedestrian and a step back from last year as far as playoff hockey goes.

I think the Bruins have a massive advantage in the net. Bobrovsky isn't coming off the bench after 3 1/2 weeks of rest this year. Our guy right now is playing like the best goalie on planet earth.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
JVR is 6'3 210 lol

Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 7.39.24 AM.png

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I’d keep swayman in and go for the jugular. However, if there were a game to put Linus in, it would be game 2. Already stole one on the road could put Linus in for a game and see if he steals another
Have to.

There's no f***ing around.
And I like Ullmark, but this is the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Let's not overthink this or get cute.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I could not believe how empty that arena was at the end. WOW....way to support your team.
All the hot dogs were sold! People left!!!

Have to.

There's no f***ing around.
And I like Ullmark, but this is the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Let's not overthink this or get cute.
agree. Swayman plays like a Vézina, and a Conn Smyth right now. Don't change anything unless the situation (illness, injury) or performance need so.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Some poster are still posting without all their chocking comments, lack of leadership comments, etc..... congrats to those poster to still be here when it goes well. All those coming only when it goes wrong with the Bruins can eat crow..........

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Someone needs to explain to me what is so special about this Florida Panther team because I'm not seeing it at all.

Why do fans (and media) think they are so good? They play this hope-and-pray style of hockey. They shoot from everywhere. Literally. In the offensive zone, they rarely make 3 consecutive passes because the 3rd man to touch the puck will be shooting if the first two guys didn't. Their real strength is their ability to retrieve loose pucks off rebounds and deflected shots and keep the pressure on. They thrive in the chaos. I get keeping it simple especially in the playoffs but their offense is as simplistic as it gets. It's kind of predictable and Swayman looked ready for their random shooting from everywhere. You could see a lot of it coming.

Went out at the deadline an acquired a defensive liability in Tarasenko and a 36-year old Okposo who looks like the wheels have already fallen off and he's doing his best Nick Foligno impression. Great moves......if it was still 2014.

That D-corps? You can have it. I'll take Boston's any day of the week, especially now with Lohrei coming into his own before our very eyes in these playoffs. The Bruins D are simply better equipped to handle the Panthers forecheck than they were last year. Deeper too. And at least in Game 1, the Panthers D aren't packing the house they way they did last year. Where's Gudas? He was a big part of it last year. Marc Staal too. They played a safe conservative game while bringing the physical play. A lot more space tonight to make those east-west plays and cut into the mid-to-high slot against this year's Panther D. The Panthers are less physical on the back-end now no question.

Meanwhile the two worst Bruin D-men last year in Round 1 were easily Clifton and Orlov and they are both gone. Lindholm was clearly compromised looks way better this year.

And the Bruins trump card is in net. On the HNIC broadcast Friedman was saying how the Panthers showed Bobrovsky this year he's better when rested to try to get him to understand why they wanted to get his starts down (still played 58). That was game 64 for 35-year old Bob, Game 51 for Boston's 25-year old starter. Then factor in Bob played longer into last year and the 10-year age difference. Reality is he's coming off his biggest break between Rounds 1 and 2 and his energy level should get progressively lower as the series goes on. There is only one 2-day break in the schedule. He was actually really good last night and the Bruins could of been up 3 or 4 nothing by the end of the 1st had it not been for his big saves. We may have already seen his best game. Winning game 1 against a guy in his mid-30s is huge.

If for some reason Swayman needs a break or whatever at some point in the series, they have a Vezina trophy winning back-up who owned the Panthers in the regular season.

I know it's early and these are black and gold coloured glasses I got on but I try to call a spade a spade and felt going into this series it was a lot closer than the Bruins were getting credit for and one game in I feel even stronger about that opinion. There are media members who think the Bruins are/were gonna get stream-rolled and had no chance.

Maurice looked like he had no answers last night let's see him adjust. Panthers will come out harder in Game 2 but once again, it's likely the same volume shooting gameplan they used tonight. There was definitely some rust there after their break. Personally I don't think they have enough talent up front to play any other way.

Panthers? More like Paper Tigers if you ask me.

Great analysis!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad