Pre-Game Talk: Game 5 PDSF: Flames @ Canucks | 7PM Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I definitely think the Sedins have some play left in them. Is the window closing? Maybe. Are they done? I really don't believe so.

Maybe they sent, but the rest of the core seems to be, and the new additions aren't doing ****.

Need a fresh start.

They may not be as good as they were back in 2011, but I have no doubt that their desire to win is still there.

That desire to win never goes away. Ever. Even when you're 50 years old and in a management position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Maybe they sent, but the rest of the core seems to be, and the new additions aren't doing ****.

Need a fresh start.

That happens a lot with new additions. I think you retool a few parts and use next season as an assessment. If next season is a failure than you look to overhaul. Just because the team has looked lethargic against arguably one of the hottest if not the hottest team heading into the playoffs doesn't mean you should overhaul. As a outsider who happens to like the Canucks... I think they just ran into a hot team. The series isn't over though.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That happens a lot with new additions. I think you retool a few parts and use next season as an assessment. If next season is a failure than you look to overhaul. Just because the team has looked lethargic against arguably one of the hottest if not the hottest team heading into the playoffs doesn't mean you should overhaul. As a outsider who happens to like the Canucks... I think they just ran into a hot team. The series isn't over though.

How many years of assessment does this team need? We've been giving this core one more year for the past 4 years now. At some point the jig has to be up.

And no, they didn't just run into a hot team. They ran into a better playoff team than we are.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

These additions weren't trade deadline acquisitions. They've been here all year and have no excuse to play like garbage, like most of them have. As a fan of this team who has seen it all, this core is done.

It's so easy, as a fan of another team, to think this Canucks team still has what it takes especially because of last season and how well they did this year.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Couldn't have said it better myself. I personally don't really care. The team doesn't care so why should I?

I'll be watching to see how Horvat, Baertschi, and Kenins do. I hope they all have strong games, and I expect that they will. The rest of the team? Well, maybe they'll show up, maybe they wont.

I'm not sure how Baertschi would be capable of having a strong game if he is kept in the pressbox like he was last game... Hopefully WD comes to his senses.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I'm tired of some of the core, but I don't think the problem lies with the Sedins. The problem is our defence is **** outside of the top 3 for the moment, and we don't have any top 6 guys really in the core group besides the Sedins. Burrows is a great player, but he isn't as reliable as he once was and probably belongs as a 2nd/3rd line tweener similar to Higgins (but better), who can move up to shake things up. Higgins and Hansen should never be above the third line

Sedin - Sedin - x
x - x - x
Higgins - x - Burrows
x - Richardson - x

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - x
x - x
Bieksa

This is what our core is/should be. Bieksa doesn't belong on the roster even. Add in Horvat and Bonino since they should be around for years to come and we're still lacking an entire 2nd line. Hopefully Baertschi and step up but the team is weak. The problem with the core is that the core consists of 3rd liners, not because the players are bad when they're in their proper roles. It's pretty difficult being 1st liners when your 2nd line can't score ever.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Winnipeg proves once again that loud cheering, Cup experience, strong youth movement and experienced NHL coach gets you nowhere. Is that what Winnipeg means in Cree?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Winnipeg proves once again that loud cheering, Cup experience, strong youth movement and experienced NHL coach gets you nowhere. Is that what Winnipeg means in Cree?

The Jets played with a lot of heart and deserved a better fate. I have a feeling with a better goalie in net they'd be able to hold on to those leads and would have won this series.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The Jets played with a lot of heart and deserved a better fate. I have a feeling with a better goalie in net they'd be able to hold on to those leads and would have won this series.

Pavs was the least of their worries, Jets couldn't muster anything in the third period.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
4-0 flames. 3-0 after the first and a knife goal through the hart in the middle of the third to make 4-0

WD keeps his job and we have the same season next year but loose to embarisngly the oilers :laugh:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I hope you guys cheer even if we lose tomorrow. You can't go booing, especially after what Winterpeg fans did.

Winnipeg fans are awesome. We are cranky as hell. I don't think there will be many boos, but if we are losing I expect it to be pretty dead and people to leave.

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I hope you guys cheer even if we lose tomorrow. You can't go booing, especially after what Winterpeg fans did.

If the team plays tomorrow like they did in Calgary then I hope they get booed out of the building. We need change. Winnipeg is heading in the right direction, we aren't.

Realistically that won't happen though. We all know half the stadium will empty out with five minutes left in play as it always does.

Canucksrock

Feb 4, 2005
Caledon
If the team plays tomorrow like they did in Calgary then I hope they get booed out of the building. We need change. Winnipeg is heading in the right direction, we aren't.

Realistically that won't happen though. We all know half the stadium will empty out with five minutes left in play as it always does.

Also first time in 20 years with playoffs. Lets see next playoff sweep how jovial their fans are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad