GDT: Game 5 - Oilers @ Rangers - "An Adventure Begins" - 11am - SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Welcome to HF OIL! Awesome GDT.
Not even close to d+d fan or into those mmo’s in general but woke up doing hunts on ffxv, trying to 100% this ho.
Get some breakfast then watch the game.

These 11am starts tho... :eek:

5-3 oil.

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I hate matinee starts out East. Those teams barely leave their time zone. For them, it's an early afternoon game. For the Oilers, they need to wake up or at least bump their typical day by 2 hours because it's not 1pm for their biological clocks, it's 11am. It's a big disadvantage.

That being said, sitting for more than 3 days is also shown to be a disadvantage in win percentage IIRC, so maybe it won't be as ugly this time.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
"I do im up" before finishing a predetermined encounter speel is always fun for DMs. Fireballs in taverns... Great D&D staples.

There is a reason the innkeeper is almost always some retired high level adventurer.

Great GTD. I love that D&D is actually getting more and more popular and accepted. Was a time when if someone found out you played you could literally be labeled a devil worshipper.

Has all the makings of a loss. Really hope the boys are taking this year seriously. NYI and NJ I imagine were party destinations for a lot of players. I'm hoping everyone was in bed early last night and dreaming about 5 and O rather than doing hookers and blow.

That last game was a blast to watch and the team does "feel" different. Faster. Noticeably faster. I want to see more of that.

They never made it to the taverns in my worlds. :D

"Strider jumps in to the pool. They rush in to the dark room. He leaps on the rune-filled Dias."

That was my bunch. Checking for stuff and preparing for bad areas was for chumps. A trap was there to be tripped, not disarmed. If there was a bunch of bad guys ready to surprise them then they better well be surprised. The assassin didn't stab me in the back? Loser. Thieves were for opening chests, doors and stabbing things in the back. That's it. Disarming traps was for fighters.

One character died over a dozen times in the temple of Elemental Evil. He played a Ranger. Levels and levels of dungeons and he chose a ranger. Then they tried to call me a ghoul! :skeptic:

Reactions: Aerchon

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I hate matinee starts out East. Those teams barely leave their time zone. For them, it's an early afternoon game. For the Oilers, they need to wake up or at least bump their typical day by 2 hours because it's not 1pm for their biological clocks, it's 11am. It's a big disadvantage.

That being said, sitting for more than 3 days is also shown to be a disadvantage in win percentage IIRC, so maybe it won't be as ugly this time.

One advantage the Oil have in this regard is they’ve been in the NYC area for most of this week. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve been in the same hotel since they arrived before the NYI game.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Awesome GDT.

You highlighted a lot of players that have a...... "Critical Role."

Fire up nerds, enjoy the game!

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Uhggggg.... ANOTHER epic GTD!

To all the creators, thank you, you’re awesome!

Oh ya Let’s Go Oilers

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
The brilliant GDTs is quite clearly the secret weapon this season. If they keep coming we might go all the way. Who needs depth scoring when you hit em with D&D GDTs...

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
If Koskinen starts: 4-1 Oil
If Smith starts: 5-4OT Oil

Expecting a big game from the bottom 6. Khaira and Persson with goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad