icing
icing
penalty
penalty
penalty
icing

Devils Insiders

Oct 24, 2009
Want your Devils fix for the early afternoon? Check out the Devils Advocates podcast with Brian Fitzsimmons and Pat Pickens before tonight's game against the Bruins as they go over the team's early success.

http://wp.me/p347yn-dt

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
It's too bad Yayo's great season (For him) is being wasted on the 4th line with guys like Barch and Cam.

Well he'll most likely got time on the PK again since him and Gionta were terrific against Washington. He'll be fine. Plus, I can see Barch getting more playing time than Janssen (more than 3 minutes at least).

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
We went 0-4 against the Bruins last year and 1-3 the year before. Montreal just ended our winning streak against them, maybe we can pull the same against Boston tonight.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Go hockey!

uDECnDz.gif

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
How the game begins:
icing
penalty
penalty
icing
icing
icing
icing
icing
penalty
icing
penalty
icing
icing
penalty
penalty
penalty
icing

How the game ends:
icing
penalty
penalty
icing
icing
icing
icing
icing
penalty
icing
penalty
icing
icing
penalty
penalty
penalty
icing

I might have to record this game. What's the record for the most forwards under 10 minutes of ice time?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I doubt we see Larsson for 7 or so more games unless an injury happens personally. Lou is going to wait on a trade and it doesn't seem as if they are going to sit anyone for Larsson no matter their play the game before.

Seems like the most likely possibility. Lou is just going to let the trade make a spot for him. Good news is Tedy has been banished, pretty sure a cone would be more trustworthy in the defensive zone then Tedy.

We need Henrique back, and we need that trade.

Still I don't think we are as bad off as some others on here. Play smart tonight and we can take this one. RIDE OUR MOOSE TO VICTORY!!! And get some damn GIFs in this thread!!!

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I think the roster moves are going to happen within the next 3-4 games really. I think the team has viewed the 5 game mark (give or take a game) as the point where its time to make decisions. Matteau's deadline to be returned to juniors is after the 5 game mark. It signifies when Henrique should be only a game or two away. It marks a little more than 10% of the season having passed and gives enough time to evaluate "what you have" and what teams may feel are their own weaknesses that should be addressed ASAP. Not saying a trade will be made tomorrow necessarily. But it seems this is roughly the point in time where the roster will now take its shape. I think they chose to stay in a holding pattern until this point (with the exception of moves that HAD to be made, i.e. sending Tedenby down before today's game). Should start to see things happen soon. Just a matter of when that deal can be put together.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I'll be happy with a point tonight.

Lou has said he is evaluating after 10 games. Although you can believe what you want to.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just want a top 6 guy. Even just a placeholder like Butler until Henrique gets back. We're currently a 2.66 line team. Matteau starting out on the 1st line again, and no stability.

What happens when he goes back and we sign Darche? Does Josefson finally actually start a game in the top 6?

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I want it to look:

???? - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique -Zubrus
Darche - Josefson - Clarkson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

come playoff time. Ideally no Darche but I guess I don't want fancy things all the time.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just want a top 6 guy. Even just a placeholder like Butler until Henrique gets back. We're currently a 2.66 line team. Matteau starting out on the 1st line again, and no stability.

What happens when he goes back and we sign Darche? Does Josefson finally actually start a game in the top 6?

Bleed we have been scoring goals. Top 6 Forwards don't just drop out of the sky, and if they still haven't called Butler up they must of saw something at camp they didn't like, or feel he is better served in Albany right now. IDK Lou's thinking. Our problem over all of our games, including the last one wasn't our ability to score goals, but irresponsibility in our own end, bad giveaways, inability to clear. I think that is the biggest reason why Tedy has been banished. Deals for top 6 forwards are going to take time as Lou is not going to want to send the entire defensive farm system on a rental, and also we have to just be patient until Henrique returns.

The only guys we have that can swoop in and make a big impact offensively is Henrique and we have to just wait on that. Right now is just about assessing what we do have, who grinds, who plays smart, and Lou will provide when the deal presents itself.

More likely to get this I think

Zubrus - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - ???
Darche - Josefson - Clarkson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Not all opposed to that. Who knows maybe Darche will surprise or Lou will find some pots and pans player that will surprise over Darche, but I think that is the likely scenario. Doubt we trade a ton for a top line forward.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We haven't had trouble scoring goals yet you're right. We do need more stability to the top 6 though than guys who are just gonna play half the game, and be either benched or bumped down for the remainder. I said 2.66 line team which was a gaffe by me. We're really a 1.66 line team because we really only have five top 6 forwards, and CBGB is not really a third line.

When Henrique comes back it will at least get six.

The PP rising from the grave it's been in since Slava Fetisov last coached it would be nice too. Just having a good PP combined to what we've been doing even strength will make us pretty tough.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
yeah, we do need help offensively. how many 5 on 3 gifts do we get a season? i think we used them all up.

offensively, we suck. we cant get the puck in deep, our forwards show no creativity, and that will bite us in the rear, unless addressed, no doubt.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
From TGs post earlier today, pretty much sums up the season series last year. ironically the devils depth is probably comparable to what it was in the early meeting(s) last season. their ability to roll 4 lines absolutely KILLED the devils.

The Bruins’ depth advantage showed in the third period of those games last season. They outscored the Devils 11-2 in the third period, including 8-0 in the last three meetings.

Those games were at least partially the impetus for general manager Lou Lamoriello making moves to improve the team’s depth up front (Alexei Ponikarovsky, Steve Bernier).

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010

If we stay out of the box, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Josefson pick up some LW shifts from Matteau at the end. Unles Matteau is having a great game, I think you'll see that first line spot divided up 4 or 5 ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad