Pre-Game Talk: Game 5 - MTL on the brink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Who do the Leafs play after the jets?

After the Jets we'll face the winner of Tampa/Florida and Canes/Nashville series as both Boston and Islanders are lower than us in the standings so they face Vegas/Colorado.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Montreal has scored twice in the last three games (and 4 times in the series total). That's pretty brutal.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Hoping Marner gets a goal. He's gone 9 playoff games without a goal. 5 goals in 29 games is not very good even if he's not a scorer. He needs to be a bit more selfish on the PP and at least try to shoot.
I just hope marner continues to be our pk killa sire :clap: He decides games without scoring. Playing the pure pk killa role, blocking that thang, putting his mouth and stick on it hard, still gettting that small black puck to himself. That's the way he likes it too. Remember back in the days when he said he wanted to be like bergeron etc. Not like selanne nore mcdavid. Marner will not have to score the whole playoffs for us, if he continues that D-game how he doos that. He's one of our key d-guys for surely sire.

We also as a team finna win again :clap: We that HARD n' heavy. Joe weights much more than so many of their lean suckas. Galcheniuk's matured so much also like that sausage we was talkin bout yesterday so he also is making our GREAT team better. We ain't needing nobody, we have all the money, the power and the personel now sire. And we bout that there. Other nhl teams might have talent, but they ain't have our entertainment level.

Reactions: al secord

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What we need is a good knockout blow in the first period and just kill their motivation to fight on.

I think Matthews is going to have a couple in this game to close it out. Lots of chances and 2 posts but I am sure he's aware he's only been on the scoresheet once this series.

Predicting a Matthews hattrick in this one which is 2 goals followed by lots of chances but no third goal.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Keep the exact same lineup they had last game as it was the most dominant and strangling performance we've seen all year outside of a game or two against the Oilers. Low event, non-threat hockey that almost ensured it was just a matter of time before the Leafs struck first and won.

I understand the reasoning behind playing Sandin, I'd prefer Dermott. He is more physical, steady and has been a major part of the six D who helped this team finish first. For me, Sandin should play a game or two each series (assuming Leafs move on) to provide a different look, a PP threat, and to give rest to Dermott. A reasonable move in and out of the lineup to provide different looks.

Hopefully they go all out and not let them off of the mat. Finish it tomorrow night.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
After putting them down the way we did last night, we need to score that first goal, don't let them get any momentum, get inside their heads, let them accept their fate, we are a far superior team, that first goal will be clutch in ruining their mentality.

Glad we had some boys resting, fresh legs tomorrow in Bogo and Foligno i think.

Campbell has played amazing, every bit of which i expected, just needs to keep it up.

Don't half ass it tomorrow night boys, easy to be happy with a 3-1 lead, but anything can happen, so put your skates on their throats and finish this out strong.

Another positive note for the boys Tavares drove to the rink himself today (which in my eyes is huge because if his concussion was bad he wouldn't be doing that by himself trust me) so that should pick up the boys even more.

Hopefully have him back for round 3 or late round 2.

Either way. Lets close this out.

If foligno is healthy i say he rides the third line, that Kerfoot centered second line is FIRE.

Bogosian played last game, he wasn't resting up.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Anyone think Freddie should start game 5? Lol

tenor (44).gif

Reactions: glue and vpasla1

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think Matthews is going to have a couple in this game to close it out. Lots of chances and 2 posts but I am sure he's aware he's only been on the scoresheet once this series.

Predicting a Matthews hattrick in this one which is 2 goals followed by lots of chances but no third goal.

They've held him off the scoreboard for 2x games in a row after Matthews big Game 2, so Papi is due.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
They've held him off the scoreboard for 2x games in a row after Matthews big Game 2, so Papi is due.

Indeed. As long as he plays the game the right way and Leafs continue to win, it's not even a concern for me. He will find his groove and get his looks this post-season. Some of these looks will translate into goals.

Reactions: Optimist

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Indeed. As long as he plays the game the right way and Leafs continue to win, it's not even a concern for me. He will find his groove and get his looks this post-season. Some of these looks will translate into goals.

Danault seems okay at shutting them down, plus Price has been sharp. That’s why it’s great to have a deep team though.

I bet he lights it up if we get to the second round.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
The last time the Leafs won a playoff series we had Mats, Roberts, Almo, Kaberle, McCabe, Belfour, Poni, Big Nik, Tucker, Domi, Leetch, Marchment, Francis, Nieuwendyk, Klee, Reichel, Aki Berg, heck Renberg was still a Leaf!

Long overdue. Big dreams this year!

It’s crazy to think that Spezza was in that series and now plays for us. So no series wins if Spezza not in it, providing we advance.

ps. We better draft someone this year with that last name just in case.

Reactions: Subway Schenn

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
not counting my chickens, but montreals defense is miles better than winnipegs imo. this series was always going to be uglier and more goal starved and we are still excelling..next series(if we can finish them off) will be much more open. that fact combined with the weight of a series win off our shoulders i think we really see what this team is capable of

i predicted leafs in 5 with montreal winning first game..lets hope im right!

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
With Marner and Matthews not scoring the narrative can quickly change from having depth to “trade his ass” if we don’t end up winning this series.

Reactions: geo25

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
With Marner and Matthews not scoring the narrative can quickly change from having depth to “trade his ass” if we don’t end up winning this series.
not many players on this team will be safe if we blow this, including marner imo. but its not happening so all good :P

Reactions: 3blizzard4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad