Pre-Game Talk: Game 5 - MTL on the brink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
QOvL.gif

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Leafs played the depth card. With Dermott, Engval, Galchenyuk, Sandin, Brooks coming in and out of the lineup so that the Leafs have fresh players they have all of the advantage. If they Leafs can get Foligno healthy it just adds to the advantage.

Leafs PK has been a momentum vacuum taking away any and all chances for the Habs to gain any positive momentum.

This series is over. It would be an easy sweep if not for the Tavares injury in the 1st game.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Here's hoping the Leafs can maintain the killer instinct they showed to put them up 3-1 in the series and put Montreal away in game 5. Winnipeg is already resting and waiting after the sweep of Edmonton so the less games we play the better.
Not only is Winnipeg resting but if we (hopefully) beat Winnipeg the next team we play will be resting and waiting also. Let’s put it away in 5

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
After putting them down the way we did last night, we need to score that first goal, don't let them get any momentum, get inside their heads, let them accept their fate, we are a far superior team, that first goal will be clutch in ruining their mentality.

Glad we had some boys resting, fresh legs tomorrow in Bogo and Foligno i think.

Campbell has played amazing, every bit of which i expected, just needs to keep it up.

Don't half ass it tomorrow night boys, easy to be happy with a 3-1 lead, but anything can happen, so put your skates on their throats and finish this out strong.

Another positive note for the boys Tavares drove to the rink himself today (which in my eyes is huge because if his concussion was bad he wouldn't be doing that by himself trust me) so that should pick up the boys even more.

Hopefully have him back for round 3 or late round 2.

Either way. Lets close this out.

If foligno is healthy i say he rides the third line, that Kerfoot centered second line is FIRE.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
MUST WIN GAME. Just finish them off and get that King Kong off their back.

Expecting Marner and Matthews to dominate.

If the Leafs score in the first few minutes, this game will be over right away. I don't even think there will be blood bath bc it is pointless from the Habs.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Gonna predict a 3-2 OT win. Goals from Hyman, Matthews and Kerfoot (OT)

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
If yesterday was any indication of what to expect from MTL, they have absolutely nothing left. That 3rd period was absolutely terrible for them. I had to remind myself that this was a playoff game. They were down a game, and fighting for their season and they came out with zero urgency. The first 10 mins of the 3rd were probably the worst hockey they have played all series. It literally took them 10 mins and a PP to generate a scoring chance that got my heart rate elevated. I get that they were down 3 and likely were dejected, but I just find it hard to believe they haven't seen Leafs teams blow 3 goal leads in the past. It would have obviously been some form of rallying point in the intermission you'd think. Of course, this years Leafs team has done a far better job at defending the lead, and they deserve a ton of credit on how that first 10 mins of the 3rd went. But that was the most dejected looking team I've seen in the playoffs this year. No fight, no pace, no effort. I almost think they just want this to be over an done with as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see a complete blowout, and I'd absolutely love and embrace every minute of it.

honestly think if we get the first goal the game is over

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If yesterday was any indication of what to expect from MTL, they have absolutely nothing left. That 3rd period was absolutely terrible for them. I had to remind myself that this was a playoff game. They were down a game, and fighting for their season and they came out with zero urgency. The first 10 mins of the 3rd were probably the worst hockey they have played all series. It literally took them 10 mins and a PP to generate a scoring chance that got my heart rate elevated. I get that they were down 3 and likely were dejected, but I just find it hard to believe they haven't seen Leafs teams blow 3 goal leads in the past. It would have obviously been some form of rallying point in the intermission you'd think. Of course, this years Leafs team has done a far better job at defending the lead, and they deserve a ton of credit on how that first 10 mins of the 3rd went. But that was the most dejected looking team I've seen in the playoffs this year. No fight, no pace, no effort. I almost think they just want this to be over an done with as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see a complete blowout, and I'd absolutely love and embrace every minute of it.

honestly think if we get the first goal the game is over

I think if the Leafs finish them off, we will see more "playoff style hockey" against WPG. That series could be nasty even.

Reactions: leafsfan5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad