Pre-Game Talk: Game 5 - MTL on the brink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I think if the Leafs finish them off, we will see more "playoff style hockey" against WPG. That series could be nasty even.
to be honest, we shit kicked WPG 5v5 this year.

xGF% @ 5v5 against the Leafs:
upload_2021-5-26_13-59-22.png

HDCF% @ 5v5 against the Leafs:
upload_2021-5-26_14-1-5.png

As long as we can keep the game 5v5, and Helly doesn't play like a god we should be more than OK against them. But first things first. Gotta step on the Habs throats tmw.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
to be honest, we shit kicked WPG 5v5 this year.

xGF% @ 5v5 against the Leafs:
View attachment 439330

HDCF% @ 5v5 against the Leafs:
View attachment 439331

As long as we can keep the game 5v5, and Helly doesn't play like a god we should be more than OK against them. But first things first. Gotta step on the Habs throats tmw.

That's with the leafs basically taking the season ending game lightly.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
It's much easier to goalie a team with two all-world talents and a decent second liner surrounded by AHLers than it is to goalie a team with two first lines and a bottom six that can score.

Winnipeg is a much better team than Montreal but I'm not too worried.

The Habs had maybe a 15% chance of beating us at the start of the series. I'd give Winnipeg 33.3%.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's much easier to goalie a team with two all-world talents and a decent second liner surrounded by AHLers than it is to goalie a team with two first lines and a bottom six that can score.

The Habs had maybe a 15% chance of beating us at the start of the series. I'd give Winnipeg 33.3%.

Yeah. I think Matthews and Marner are going to rip through them and if they don’t, Nylander has more talent in his pinky than the entire Oilers team minus McDavid and Draisaitl so he’ll destroy them.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The fact that Winnipeg is already resting and waiting should be plenty of motivation for the boys to put in their best effort tomorrow.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

If we advance, Winnipeg will be a tough out.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Not only is Winnipeg resting but if we (hopefully) beat Winnipeg the next team we play will be resting and waiting also. Let’s put it away in 5

Rest is overrated. We’ve played more games but Winnipeg has played more minutes.

Plus, look at the games itself. We’ve kept the Habs to the outside for the most part and coasted in games. Winnipeg was facing shot after shot and Hellebuyck saved their ass 3 straight times in OT.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If Foligno is ready to come back, I really hope Keefe doesn't mess with the second line.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The last time the Leafs won a playoff series we had Mats, Roberts, Almo, Kaberle, McCabe, Belfour, Poni, Big Nik, Tucker, Domi, Leetch, Marchment, Francis, Nieuwendyk, Klee, Reichel, Aki Berg, heck Renberg was still a Leaf!

Long overdue. Big dreams this year!
Ken Motherf****n Klee

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The biggest takeaway for me is how important the depth scoring has been and will continue to be in the playoffs.

Right now, Galchenyuk, Spezza and Rielly have as many points as Marner and Matthews.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I’m confident they’ll get the job done tomorrow but until then there are no guarantees. Still a job to do and I hope they come with that mindset and finish these losers off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad