Pre-Game Talk: Game 5 - MTL on the brink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
With Marner and Matthews not scoring the narrative can quickly change from having depth to “trade his ass” if we don’t end up winning this series.

If people want Matthews traded after he wins the rocket Richard trophy they’re a bloody moron.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
not counting my chickens, but montreals defense is miles better than winnipegs imo. this series was always going to be uglier and more goal starved and we are still excelling..next series(if we can finish them off) will be much more open. that fact combined with the weight of a series win off our shoulders i think we really see what this team is capable of

i predicted leafs in 5 with montreal winning first game..lets hope im right!
I honestly don’t think we’d open it up against the Jets. They’re an opportunistic offensive team with crap defense and amazing goaltending. They kinda play like the Leafs did in 2017-18. I think we’ll play a similar stifling game that the Bruins played against us that year.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I honestly don’t think we’d open it up against the Jets. They’re an opportunistic offensive team with crap defense and amazing goaltending. They kinda play like the Leafs did in 2017-18. I think we’ll play a similar stifling game that the Bruins played against us that year.
i dont mean we open it up, i mean the style will be more open. our offense will have a much more space imo, itss up to us to capitalize. and winnipeg has nobody the likes of pasta bergeron or marchand.

the montreal series is different because they cant beat us with skill, the only way they can beat us is stopping our skill, so its much more bogged down, ugly hockey.

Reactions: Pi

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I actually lol'd when I read this. So arrogant. Lol.

Good luck against the Habs.

do you want me to link you the thread on your board asking who jets fans would rather face, leafs or habs? In that one thread there’s hot takes such as

- Campbell is not proven
- our defence is slow
- your depth is miles ahead of ours

sweeping a shit team in Edmonton and needing three over times to do it does not make you hot shit

every fan base has arrogant fans so why dont you crawl back to yours?

Reactions: ER89

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Rest is overrated. We’ve played more games but Winnipeg has played more minutes.

Plus, look at the games itself. We’ve kept the Habs to the outside for the most part and coasted in games. Winnipeg was facing shot after shot and Hellebuyck saved their ass 3 straight times in OT.
Yeah the sweep by the Jets is a bit deceiving. That series could have easily gone 6 or 7. They weren't completely destroying the Oilers every game.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think the Vegas and Wilds series will be a huge reminder to the boys not to let a 3-1 series lead go to their head.
Stay focus and get the job done, boys.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah the sweep by the Jets is a bit deceiving. That series could have easily gone 6 or 7. They weren't completely destroying the Oilers every game.

The Advanced stats looked bloody good for Edmonton, the Jets really rode an opportunistic offense and great goaltending

We are a better defensive team with better goaltending than the oilers so that style of game won't be easy to replicate against the Leafs

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
We dont even need the big 4. Put Bobby Hastings in and he will get a hatrick.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Toilet seats find their sack and man up tonight, only to fall flat on their face back in Montreal. Leafs in 6 games....

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
After the Jets we'll face the winner of Tampa/Florida and Canes/Nashville series as both Boston and Islanders are lower than us in the standings so they face Vegas/Colorado.

Thanks I was wondering that this morning.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What lineup do we go with?

Yesterday's or Monday's

Not sure if Brooks gets back in tonight with that dumb PIM that he didn't need to take last game. Pick and chose when you want to pick on a 4th grader.... what it was a Hab? ... oooops my bad ..you cant tell just judging on size alone... ;)

So two games in a row, Gallagher decides to trip a Leaf when the game/play is over... has he taken one too many hits to the head...? It's not just dirty/poor sportsmanship, if he clips/trips a player that is not expecting it, you can seriously hurt someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad