GDT: Game #5| Jan. 26, 2013|Flyers at Panthers |7:30 p.m. ET

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Some interesting figures (although none is more interesting than what Luke pulled):

Voracek was -1 tonight (in a 6 goal win!), just like Danny B
Theodore was 0.6667, Clemmensen 0.7647 is SV%
Gervais, Luke Schenn and Grossmannnnnn all had very simillar ice time slightly over/under 19 mins
As for the ice time, both Voracek and Danny B had lower ice time than e.g. Mike Knuble (under 14 mins)
...and Bryz is 0.9667 tonight!

And Chris Lee is a clown.

Can you imagine them in the playoffs? What team is going to want to face Luke, Brayden, and Grossmann for 7 games?

To be honest, Shanahan would still find a way how all of them would miss at least half of a series.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Nice game guys.

1313574161997.jpg

ShotScore*

Some interesting figures (although none is more interesting that what Luke pulled):

Voracek was -1 tonight (in a 6 goal win!), just like Danny B
Theodore was 0.6667, Clemmensen 0.7647 is SV%
Gervais, Luke Schenn and Grossmannnnnn all had very simillar ice time slightly over/under 19 mins
As for the ice time, both Voracek and Danny B had lower ice time than e.g. Mike Knuble (under 14 mins)
...and Bryz is 0.9667 tonight!

And Chris Lee is a clown.

Luke was absurd tonight but Bryz with that .9667 number looks equally absurd.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I don't get to see any games - how does Brayden Schenn play? Is he a power forward? I saw the hit totals - what the heck is up with Luke Schenn? I know he led the league in hits last year - is he a solid hitter? I mean does he crush people?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't get to see any games - how does Brayden Schenn play? Is he a power forward? I saw the hit totals - what the heck is up with Luke Schenn? I know he led the league in hits last year - is he a solid hitter? I mean does he crush people?
I wouldn't say Brayden is a power forward (although he does hit like a truck). He's more finesse to me but he does have some grit to his game.

Luke like his brother hits a ton also but is a lot bigger than Brayden. I think Luke is one of the strongest players in the league. His foot speed is probably his biggest problem but his positioning has improved so far this season. He's your typical big physical stay at home d-man.

ShotScore*

Luke is a straight punisher. He will undoubtedly lay you out if you give him the opportunity from what I've seen so far. He actively looks to lay the wood. He was incredible tonight.

I have visions and dreams of the Flyers and Penguins in a playoff series this year and Crosby is coming across center ice with his head down and Luke coming at him full speed and....nevermind, I don't want to give Pens fans nightmares.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Luke is a straight punisher. He will undoubtedly lay you out if you give him the opportunity from what I've seen so far. He actively looks to lay the wood. He was incredible tonight.

I have visions and dreams of the Flyers and Penguins in a playoff series this year and Crosby is coming across center ice with his head down and Luke coming at him full speed and....nevermind, I don't want to give Pens fans nightmares.

My thanks to you and Legion. So the Luke Schenn trade is looking acceptable so far?

ShotScore*

My thanks to you and Legion. So the Luke Schenn trade is looking acceptable so far?

You're welcome. I would say more than acceptable so far. I thank them(toronto). Luke adds a dimension to the Flyers D that has been lacking for a while.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bill Meltzer @billmeltzer
L. Schenn's speed won't be confused with Paul Coffey but his skating deficiencies were overplayed in Toronto. He gets around fine.

Here's what Bill Meltzer had to say about Luke. I have to agree with him on this.

ShotScore*

Bill Meltzer @billmeltzer
L. Schenn's speed won't be confused with Paul Coffey but his skating deficiencies were overplayed in Toronto. He gets around fine.

Here's what Bill Meltzer had to say about Luke. I have to agree with him on this.

I will never believe another scouting report from Toronto fans again.

Ever.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dropping some weight also helped. They wanted him to be Phaneuf, and figured out he wasn't Phaneuf so they traded for him instead.

toughfighter83*

it was a good win but to beat the good teams, they got to limit their fancy one timers, too much cross ice passing, if they go north/south i think this team will be fine.

ShotScore*

Yeah I think working with Pronger, McCarthy, and Paddock has really helped him so far. It seems like they got him to just play a simple game.

I mean it's ridiculous. The things they (Toronto fans) criticized him for weren't true. Literally nothing they said was correct.

He can only play on one side. False.

He's slow. Wrong.

He can't skate. BZZZZZ try again.

He's got no shot. Absurd.

He can't pass. Ridiculous.

Literally nothing they told us was true.

I almost feel like sending them all a thank you card.

They thought they were giving the Flyers dirt and instead gift wrapped us a diamond.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean it's ridiculous. The things they (Toronto fans) criticized him for weren't true. Literally nothing they said was correct.

He can only play on one side. False.

He's slow. Wrong.

He can't skate. BZZZZZ try again.

He's got no shot. Absurd.

He can't pass. Ridiculous.

Literally nothing they told us was true.

I almost feel like sending them all a thank you card.

They thought they were giving the Flyers dirt and instead gift wrapped us a diamond.
Agreed. I was never a JVR fan so I'm liking this trade so far. Probably liking it more than those who liked JVR though.

Yukon Cornelius*

As per the Bernie Buzzkill clause of my contract: Kurtis Foster looked awful at times tonight, that pairing of Foster/Grossman will get ripped apart by any team with a half decent cycle.

Nice to say "Knubled" again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad