GDT: Game #5| Jan. 26, 2013|Flyers at Panthers |7:30 p.m. ET

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
So we made it through the game without any more injuries, scored seven goals, Bryz has looked great.... what else can one wish for?

Just don't get carried away too far, Tampa is waiting!

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005
What's his thinking behind the weekend scratc, playing Tuesday then being sent back?

In other words, keeping Wellwood around to be available for both games during FLA trip rather than Laughton for just Saturday. But that was also with team not knowing when Briere would be able to play.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
In other words, keeping Wellwood around to be available for both games during FLA trip rather than Laughton for just Saturday. But that was also with team not knowing when Briere would be able to play.

I gotcha Bill, thanks for the reply and the return tweet. That was also me asking the same question on twitter. You're the man. :thumbu:

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I think Laughton will be sent down, esp with Briere back and Knuble signed. I am not sure where he fits in... altho he did play 14 last night... I am glad we have this problem if anything.
Nest year he is a mainstay - Feds won't be back and insert Laughton.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I'm just really afraid he might be Nino'ed...
He won't be Nino'ed because we are not the moron Isles. Nino showed in the lockout that he belongs in the NHL, on minimum the 2nd line. They don't want to burn a year off his ELC bc they are cheap. He will gain nothing from being held down.

Laughton is not in the same situation. He's going back to juniors, if he stays with the big club he's in a low minute situation.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Are we still lining up to jump off the Ben Franklin?

I'm not ruling this out ... well, a more local bridge to be environmentally conscious.

As much as the team has picked up their game against the Rangers (esp the great 2-man kill at the end of the game!) and lit up the Panthers, the caveats remain. The Rangers were flat after a tough game the night before, and the Panthers have played pretty declawed this season. The question marks about this team remain, and now both Hartnell and Meszaros are out long-term.

On the plus side, Bryzgalov has been great, and hopefully this augurs well for this and future seasons. L Schenn seems to be fitting in well. McGinn and Laughton have not looked out of place. Read looked good with his hat trick. Briere is back.

I'm going to stay pessimistic, mainly because I prefer to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. Plus, cynicism makes for better comedy on this board than rainbows and lollipops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad