GDT: Game 5: Hawks @ Blues 7 PM CDT (Mod warnings in OP and #483)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RR10*

Do I really need to? I followed Ottawa through a similar situation. Everyone in the city was hard on Alfie until 2007. There isn't much wrong with your team. What we outsiders have is an emotionally detached perspective. What you have is a desire to direct your anger toward a scapegoat.

And of course Spezza isn't elite defensively, I don't think I all 18 skaters need to be... The point would be Spezza could elevate the production of some of your best 200 foot players while he himself would benefit from the defensive skill surrounding him and insulating his weakness. He would add something the Blues lack, which is a pure skill star. Development of Schwartz & Tarasenko may handle that for you all on it's own of course. I just think on your team Spezza hits 90-95 points and brings you that much closer. Consider him your Kane to your Toews (Backes, Oshie)
There is much wrong with this team that you dont see because you dont follow them up close like most of us. Read my earlier post and you'll understand:

This team has a lot of problems. Our forwards are overall not skilled and creative enough which hurts our passing through the neutral zone and we have a hard trouble entering the offensive zone. That's also the reason why we dump and chase the puck every ****ing shift, because they can't do anything else. And also, we have ONE natural goal scorer: Tarasenko. We have ZERO natural playmakers. There is no ****ing way you will achieve anything in the playoffs when your team is built this way. Look at our center depth, its a ****ing joke for a contender. Forget about the Bruins comparison, they are deep AND have playmakers and goal scorers.

Our defense is atrocious at defending. I really dont understand why our defense gets a lot of credit throughout the league, I think we let in a few goals because of the playing system and our many two-way forwards. We let other teams cycle and dictate in our own end while we watch passively, we give them too much space and sooner or later it'll cost us. We have one of the leagues worst second pairing defenseman: Jackman. I can't stand this guy, he's awful in his own end and brings nothing offensively. Leopold and Polak are also below average defensemen. I can live with Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester and Shattenkirk, but honestly im not too confident with them either, they play like prima donnas on defense and are not physichal at all which is really worrying in playoffs. Especially Pietrangelo worries me, he gets paid like an elite defenseman but he is far from playing like one. I know he is a fanboy around here but I myself wouldn't mind trading him because I think he can be a problem years to come. Btw Look at LAs second and third pairing defensemen, a bunch of nonamers but they are rock solid on defense and play tough.

Our PP is a total joke. We are the only NHL team that are unable to enter the offensive zone without dumping the puck every ****ing time. I don't know how many times I saw Bouwmeester dump it in when there's no Blues players even close to Chi defenders, and they just clear the puck. Watch how easily other teams enters our zone WITH the puck.

PK is laughable at best. Chicago enter our zone with the puck without much effort, then we back in on Miller and let them do whatever they want with a lot of space while all we do is screen our goalie, and when they score we blame Miller.

This team needs a makeup, not much but something has to change. Hitchcock is wrong for this team, he can be a funny clown somewhere else, we need a coach with attitude who advocates offensive hockey. We have too many gritty players that lacks skill, need to trade and get rid of some and upgrade with playmakers and goal scorers so we have a good mix like Boston.

RR10*

Do I really need to? I followed Ottawa through a similar situation. Everyone in the city was hard on Alfie until 2007. There isn't much wrong with your team. What we outsiders have is an emotionally detached perspective. What you have is a desire to direct your anger toward a scapegoat.

And of course Spezza isn't elite defensively, I don't think I all 18 skaters need to be... The point would be Spezza could elevate the production of some of your best 200 foot players while he himself would benefit from the defensive skill surrounding him and insulating his weakness. He would add something the Blues lack, which is a pure skill star. Development of Schwartz & Tarasenko may handle that for you all on it's own of course. I just think on your team Spezza hits 90-95 points and brings you that much closer. Consider him your Kane to your Toews (Backes, Oshie)
How do you like our center depth? Backes, Sobotka, Berglund, Lapierre? One second line C (Backes) and two third line C (Sobotka, Berglund). Dont even bring up Chicagos weak C depth because they have some elite guys like Kane, Hossa, Sharp, we dont. Blues have one single natural scorer on the team and that is Tarasenko. Steen isnt a natural goal scorer, he was just being flukey in the beginning of the season. I think he finished the regular season weak goal scoring wise. Blues should trade two of the top 9 guys and add an elite first liner. We need to upgrade on skill (finishers, playmakers) and have a deadly combination with skilled players and gritters like Chicago and Boston. Our defense is overrated also. Jackman, Polak, Leopold, Colaiacovo are terrible, they sucked as bad last year against LA. Goaltending is also a problem. Blues needs a makeup, not big but noticeable.

RR10*

This is how I feel as well. This team we have right now is very good.
Very good for the regular season but not built for playoffs. Bad center depth, no goal scorers, no playmakers, weak mentality. That won't do it. We need to make a few changes and we'll be great.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Very good for the regular season but not built for playoffs. Bad center depth, no goal scorers, no playmakers, weak mentality. That won't do it. We need to make a few changes and we'll be great.

Yep taking the defending Stanley Cup champions to 6 games and out of the 5 we have played so far 4 have gone to OT. It's not like we've had that much trouble scoring either. Have we missed some open nets? Sure we have but go take a look at that Brad Marchand gif. If we keep playing the way we are playing we can still come back in this series all of these games have been evenly matched so far. We really don't even NEED a top line center, it would help tremendously but it isn't a need for this team to win the cup.

RR10*

Yep taking the defending Stanley Cup champions to 6 games and out of the 5 we have played so far 4 have gone to OT. It's not like we've had that much trouble scoring either. Have we missed some open nets? Sure we have but go take a look at that Brad Marchand gif. If we keep playing the way we are playing we can still come back in this series all of these games have been evenly matched so far. We really don't even NEED a top line center, it would help tremendously but it isn't a need for this team to win the cup.
Same ******** excuses like last year. This group of players are mentally weak and that wont change, it's the way they are, they get scared in the playoffs and make mistakes, miss open nets, we dont have nobody to rely on scoring wise like Hawks do with Kane, Toews and Hossa. We need some elite difference-makers.

Let's not forget we had home court advantage and were really lucky tying all 3 home games late. Chicago has clearly been better imo. We've been chasing them every ****ing game, even at home.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Same ******** excuses like last year. This group of players are mentally weak and that wont change, it's the way they are, they get scared in the playoffs and make mistakes, miss open nets, we dont have nobody to rely on scoring wise like Hawks do with Kane, Toews and Hossa. We need some elite difference-makers.

Let's not forget we had home court advantage and were really lucky tying all 3 home games late. Chicago has clearly been better imo. We've been chasing them every ****ing game, even at home.

This isn't basketball.

And if you are so convinced that the Blues aren't capable of winning, maybe you shouldn't watch the games at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad