Goal-Day Thread Game 5: Everything is Missing: AZ at MIN - 5PM - NBCSN

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles

Yikes. We should probably just tank and draft some then. Not much in the pipeline it appears.

Really disappointing to not see more of our youth 'coming of age' like every other teams prospects - I'm thinking of Strome, Perlini, Dvo, etc. here. Even Keller appears to be in a sophomore slump at least to start the year. We're turning into an Edmonton - lots of prospects and promises, but little to show in the way of actual progress and results.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yikes. We should probably just tank and draft some then. Not much in the pipeline it appears.

Really disappointing to not see more of our youth 'coming of age' like every other teams prospects - I'm thinking of Strome, Perlini, Dvo, etc. here. Even Keller appears to be in a sophomore slump at least to start the year. We're turning into an Edmonton - lots of prospects and promises, but little to show in the way of actual progress and results.
We are 5th in GAA, 1st in shots against, and 6th in shots for, best shots for/against in the NHL and excellent puck possession numbers. If all that continues, we make the playoffs. The team will start scoring, doing many of the right things. If we had a few more goals and a few wins, these numbers would make us look great. We'll be fine, stay the course and look at the big picture, underlying numbers. Last, its 4 games guys:)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We are 5th in GAA, 1st in shots against, and 6th in shots for, best shots for/against in the NHL and excellent puck possession numbers. If all that continues, we make the playoffs. The team will start scoring, doing many of the right things. If we had a few more goals and a few wins, these numbers would make us look great. We'll be fine, stay the course and look at the big picture, underlying numbers. Last, its 4 games guys:)

Like the optimism.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I hope you’re right. Much of this could be because we never score first and most of the games we’ve played have been against teams protecting the lead.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Since I'm playing basketball tonight I'll be unable to watch the vast majority of the game, and since the hockey gods won't allow me to watch the Coyotes win a game live (or score a goal...) you can put this down as a guaranteed victory.

You're welcome.

P.S. Anybody know a place you can watch replays of the games outside of the NHL center ice package?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Roadrunners are good. I haven't watched them, but based on the stats, they are good.

So, really?
Really. Adam Helewka, Dakota Mermis, Michael Bunting, Laurent Dauphin and Lane Peterson represent their top five scorers. None of those guys are ever going to solve a NHL problem for any NHL team. They’re career outlooks range from cup of coffee to helpful bottom six player. Guys have come out of nowhere before. Could be Helewka is a late bloomer and is the next superstar nobody saw coming. I wouldn’t bank on it.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
New avatar? Strome trade incoming...

This is a must-win game. Fortunately, we're going to pull it off.

It is also a must-win game for the Wild, which of course will make it a bit harder.

I'm an optimist in the regards of team scoring a goal again.

Let's start with that...:laugh:

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Really. Adam Helewka, Dakota Mermis, Michael Bunting, Laurent Dauphin and Lane Peterson represent their top five scorers. None of those guys are ever going to solve a NHL problem for any NHL team. They’re career outlooks range from cup of coffee to helpful bottom six player. Guys have come out of nowhere before. Could be Helewka is a late bloomer and is the next superstar nobody saw coming. I wouldn’t bank on it.

Looke scored two and got injured, so two goals scored and only part of one game played. Sorry for the derailment here, but that was intriguing, eh? Based on the fact he got injured, he sounds like a Coyote-star at least:oops:. ?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

I like the Kuemper move. Hopefully it gets guys to focus a little more when they're not playing in front of a rock.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Last game was the first where Tocc tried to put scorers together on the first two lines. That's progress!...and your reason for optimism. The team is more fun to watch even with the frustration.

Reactions: kbay

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Kuemper is in net tonight.

So we will lose 7-4

Has to get Kuemper going. Raanta can't play 82 games.

Don't know if Kempe hasn't deserved another go over some of the others, but I've liked Archibald since he came, so, good with some rotation.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Has to get Kuemper going. Raanta can't play 82 games.

Don't know if Kempe hasn't deserved another go over some of the others, but I've liked Archibald since he came, so, good with some rotation.
Who is out then? Perlini maybe?

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Last game was the first where Tocc tried to put scorers together on the first two lines. That's progress!...and your reason for optimism. The team is more fun to watch even with the frustration.

Who are these "scorers" you speak of? This team doesn't have any real ones except Keller. Anyone else is just hypothetical. All this time of being told were stock piling young talent is BS. Our AHL is bare and the Yotes dont really have the scoring talent most other teams do. This puts pressure on the goalie to shut them down every night which is impossible. No way playoffs. Need at least two new consistent scorers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad