GDT: Game 5 ECQF New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning 3 PM - NBC (TV), OJN (radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i don't have a ton of faith that they can win the series, but i dont think im ready for the season to end today. just win one

Camille the Eel

Loving the optimism, but I don't see how anyone could have watched last game post Vats injury and still think they have a shot today...

Especially with Sevs having to take on extended minutes.
All year long we've picked it up when we've had to. We have not played our best hockey yet in this series, we've been tight and a bit awed by the occasion and they have taken it to us. I expect that to change today. This will be our best game of the series so far and I expect us to win today.

The first ten minutes are important for us to play steady and calm. We were awful at the start of the last game, throwing away the puck and dazzled by their pressure. Handle it calmly today. Hurry slowly. We have more time than we think. Stay in your lanes.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
giphy.gif

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

Lots of Devil gear in Hoboken.

Reactions: Cheddabombs

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If the devils show up and play their game they will get the win. Can’t play afraid or scared. Can’t come out lazy slow footed.

I would really be surprised and disappointed if they came out flat and let the bolts cruise to a win.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
My wife complimented and thanked me for the job I did on our landscaping today. If that can happen, it means the Devils can definitely win this series. LGD!

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
It's the playoffs...things are going to be a little rough and have been a little rough this series. Now that our backs are to the wall, time for some help from the family:

28tksk.jpg

Hedman, Kucherov and everyone else in a white and blue jersey...we're coming for you! You'd better run off to the Pine Barrens if you want to have any hope of escaping these friends of ours today :P

You may shake Christopher and Paulie but you're not getting away from the rest of the family! Of course Tony might be a little indisposed with the shrink for a while.

7e6a4bdcac627a4f9c0f102ca5bf32dc.jpg

Okay, so we may get a little sidetracked from time to time, but in the end we get the job done, we're the best waste management consultants around!

You want to get rough, Tampa...well we're sending Jersey's boys down to that shiny new arena - Amelia, Amalie, whatever - to take care of some business today!

#NowWeRise

Tampa Bay Lightning (lifted from their GDT)

#10 JT Miller - #91 Steven Stamkos - #86 Nikita Kucherov (BOO)
#18 Ondrej Palat - #21 Brayden Point - #9 Tyler Johnson
#17 Alex Killorn - #71 Anthony Cirelli - #37 Yanni Gourde
#14 Chris Kunitz - #13 Cedric Paquette - #89 Cory Conacher

#77 Victor Hedman (BOO) - #5 Dan Girardi
#27 Ryan McDonaugh - #6 Anton Stralman
#55 Brayden Coburn - #98 Mikhail Sergachev

#88 Andrei Vasilevsky

Scratches: Who cares

YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS (approximate lineup till further notice)

#9 Taylor Hall - #13 Nico Hischier - #21 Kyle Palmieri
#90 Marcus Johansson - #37 Pavel Zacha - #17 Patrick Maroon
#20 Blake Coleman - #19 Travis Zajac - #23 Stefan Noesen
#44 Miles Wood - #11 Brian Boyle - #18 Drew Stafford

#6 Andy Greene - #25 Mirco Mueller
#2 John Moore - #28 Damon Severson
#8 Will Butcher - #12 Ben Lovejoy

#30 Cory Schneider

Scratches: #10 Jimmy Hayes, #16 Steven Santini, #31 Eddie Lack, #40 Michael Grabner, #63 Jesper Bratt
Injuries (BOO Kucherov) : #45 Sami Vatanen

LET'S GO DEVILS!!! LET'S GO DEVILS!!! LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

UiNXLqV.gif

Was it wishful thinking when OP put #30 beside Schneider's name?

Go Devils

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
STUPID that we don’t have a pre or post game show. Rangers would.

Is that because msg doesn’t want to have one or the devils owners

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
STUPID that we don’t have a pre or post game show. Rangers would.

Is that because msg doesn’t want to have one or the devils owners

I'd say it's almost undoubtedly a MSG decision; if I recall correctly all the TV crew have MSG, not Devils, contracts, so it'd probably be up to the network if they want to run something before or after the game.

It's more than obnoxious, of course; during the 2015 MLB playoffs there was always a Mets pregame/postgame on SNY, even though the games were all obviously on national broadcast. No reason to shortchange MSG+'s flagship team that way, it doesn't help the team or the network.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Severson will be manning the 2nd unit. Please Hynes and Ward use 4 forwards on the 2nd unit and not Severson and Moore
Zacha Bratt and even Wood are much better PP options than Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad