GDT: Game 5: Devils @ Hurricanes | 7:00 p.m. on TNT

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Man his breakdown of the Martinnook chance from Slavin late in the third was painful to hear. "Slavin with a real aggressive defensive play (fair) and then gets real lucky with a blind backhand pass to the middle of the ice"

I'm sorry, the idea that ANY nhl player would not be well aware of the trailing player for his team going down the middle, let alone a guy as heads up as Slavin is just freaking laughable. Dude for the life of him cannot give Carolina credit for anything.

Well, short of Necas that is. :sarcasm:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Congrats Canes fans! The old SE division prevails! Make us dirty southern teams proud. Good luck!
I mean assuming Florida finishes off Toronto, we're guaranteed to have the old SE division representing the East in the Stanley Cup Finals for 4 years in a row, and 5 out of the last 6 years. Pretty crazy given the traditionalists still consider it a weak group of teams

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well, it seems like Bally isn’t budgeting a postgame show for the ECF onward, so I’m done for the year. Might get a few calls about the other games in this round and the next, but Im not holding my breath.

The timing actually works out great though, since I just got a job offer from a local kennel, so I’ve got a summer job lined up waiting for me.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Well, it seems like Bally isn’t budgeting a postgame show for the ECF onward, so I’m done for the year. Might get a few calls about the other games in this round and the next, but Im not holding my breath.

The timing actually works out great though, since I just got a job offer from a local kennel, so I’ve got a summer job lined up waiting for me.
Wow @ Bally's but somewhat understandable given their financial problems. You would hope that Dundon would step in and get it done though.

Congrats on the job offer.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
On ESPN they just referred to Slavin as Yahcub slavin.

Is this a biblical pronunciation of Jaccob?

Edit: im glad i was unintentionally funny. But it was a serious question. Is espn just doing dumb espn things or is it some old pronunciation that I am not aware of?

Wtf.

Every guy from Europe gets the 'J' pronounced as a 'J' (wrong) and our own Jaccob gets pronounced with a 'Y' (also wrong). It makes me gripe-y.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
On ESPN they just referred to Slavin as Yahcub slavin.

Is this a biblical pronunciation of Jaccob?

Edit: im glad i was unintentionally funny. But it was a serious question. Is espn just doing dumb espn things or is it some old pronunciation that I am not aware of?
Honestly that may be a gamer joke. The NHL games in ring announcers call him that but the "broadcast" crew doesn't. I always thought that was strange

Reactions: zman77

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We can be your side piece until the abuse stops. You may feel dirty at first, but you'll come to enjoy it.

rocky-hug.gif

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The Flyers are having a press conference right now introducing Briere and Keith f***ing Jones, with f***ing Coach Jorts in attendance.

I need a hug so f***ing bad right now.
If it makes you feel any better, there was a hell of a lot of handwringing over the Brind'Amour hire when we named him head coach. Sometimes these things do work out

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Thanks for the info, and too bad about Bally. Thankfully you have another job offer. This reminds me I need to cancel my subscription for now.

Reactions: Tryamw

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
If it makes you feel any better, there was a hell of a lot of handwringing over the Brind'Amour hire when we named him head coach. Sometimes these things do work out

I don't remember the hand-wringing being so much about Rod as it was about Waddell, and to be fair, there were legitimate concerns about what happened in Atlanta that didn't exist with Brindy.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I don't remember the hand-wringing being so much about Rod as it was about Waddell, and to be fair, there were legitimate concerns about what happened in Atlanta that didn't exist with Brindy.

I was hesitant about both. For Don, the previous experience was an obvious red flag. For Rod, the previous inexperience was an obvious red flag. But for me, the biggest problem I had about hiring Rod was that I didn't want to see him given Ronnie's treatment by the organization when/if he failed. Rod should always be a Cane, but coaches rarely last, even if they win some.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad