GDT: Game 5: Devils @ Hurricanes | 7:00 p.m. on TNT

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I was happy to see this given the shit some of our fans give Dougie. He's got his flaws, but I still love him and what he meant to this team. Even so, we're on to bigger and better things now.

I’m not a good lip reader but it seems like Rod is saying something along the lines of “no no, I wanted you here!”

Probably because Dougie was saying some self-deprecating Dougie stuff about how he left and the Canes got better.

All the feels. Come back sweet Douglas.

Edit: I’m 90% sure the last thing Rod says in that video is “I wanted you to stay.”

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
One last thing before bed

Lolz

I don't even care if this has been shared before, it needs to be shared again

Adding that this one team is a place where he played just before, sums up the full house....or wait, we need fifth card for that. Like somebody already told, he needs to be traded to west.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I’m not a good lip reader but it seems like Rod is saying something along the lines of “no no, I wanted you here!”

Probably because Dougie was saying some self-deprecating Dougie stuff about how he left and the Canes got better.

All the feels. Come back sweet Douglas.

Edit: I’m 90% sure the last thing Rod says in that video is “I wanted you to stay.”

"My bank account implored me to leave."

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations for advancing! I hope Rod leads your boys to a cup.

Lived in SC for nearly 20 years and did a fair number of one way 2 hour drives to watch the Canes play against my Rangers. Some of my best hockey memories happened in your arena. Was fun hearing all the, "Shanahan sucks" and other taunts over the years. It was all in good fun! Crowd was always in good spirits, whether it was a packed house or kinda thin. Canes will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Again, congratulations and I hope you guys go all the way!

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
FU^K THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS.
You mean...

RDT_20230511_1839102264838526205837346__01.jpg

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I was going to mention this too, but events overtook…. That was Edzo, still pissed off about not getting the Flyers job…
Man his breakdown of the Martinnook chance from Slavin late in the third was painful to hear. "Slavin with a real aggressive defensive play (fair) and then gets real lucky with a blind backhand pass to the middle of the ice"

I'm sorry, the idea that ANY nhl player would not be well aware of the trailing player for his team going down the middle, let alone a guy as heads up as Slavin is just freaking laughable. Dude for the life of him cannot give Carolina credit for anything.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Man his breakdown of the Martinnook chance from Slavin late in the third was painful to hear. "Slavin with a real aggressive defensive play (fair) and then gets real lucky with a blind backhand pass to the middle of the ice"

I'm sorry, the idea that ANY nhl player would not be well aware of the trailing player for his team going down the middle, let alone a guy as heads up as Slavin is just freaking laughable. Dude for the life of him cannot give Carolina credit for anything.
He's an absolute clown who deserves to be publicly called out for his dumbassery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad