GDT: Game 5: Coyotes @ Jets - 5PM - FSAZ

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
On another note, can't wait to see what Fischer does tonight. HOPEFULLY he's motivated by seeing how well Hayton has played and knowing that he's his likely replacement at this time.

Fischer hasn't been bad, except on some occations, when he has been real bad. But really bad happens.

I did sense he was the one not smiling when they celebrated the victory over the Golden Knights. (Just me, why not contract that to the Gnights?:naughty:)

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Never mind. I see Hayton is sitting. I don't agree with it, but nobody asked me.

This is poor prospect management. Young first round picks need some minutes to get in a rhythm and get their confidence going.

Hayton needs to be sent down if he cannot get significant icetime and play every night.

The Leafs just did the sensible thing by sending Rasmus Sandin (Hayton’s draft year) down, who was getting only 13 minutes a night. They felt it was too little icetime and it would hurt his development. Hopefully the Coyotes follow suit.

Hayton will develop very well in the OHL and with Team Canada at the WJC, and his confidence won’t be ruined either.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This is poor prospect management. Young first round picks need some minutes to get in a rhythm and get their confidence going.

He's banged up and in competition with other forwards for ice time. Not a big deal. If you actually bothered to watch him you'd know confidence is not a problem.

Saying this as a person that castigated the franchise for its handling of Strome.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Never mind. I see Hayton is sitting. I don't agree with it, but nobody asked me.
I agree with it. Tocchet is sitting him against a punishingly physical team. That's the right move. Fischer (and Crouse) bring needed size. Perhaps next year Hayton will be ready to play against teams like the Jets.

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010

Hayton needs to be sent down if he cannot get significant icetime and play every night.

The Leafs just did the sensible thing by sending Rasmus Sandin (Hayton’s draft year) down, who was getting only 13 minutes a night. They felt it was too little icetime and it would hurt his development. Hopefully the Coyotes follow suit.

Hayton will develop very well in the OHL and with Team Canada at the WJC, and his confidence won’t be ruined either.

I don't completely disagree with you however not exactly comparable situations. Sandin went to the AHL and although the Leaf's don't plan on it could be recalled. I'm sure if the Coyotes had this option with Hayton they would get him in some games in Tucson rather than being stuck all the way in Sault ste marie.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Nice of them to continuously mention how we're on a 10 game losing streak in Winnipeg.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Garland and Schmaltz on the same line in their own zone OH BOY
Even more to the point: we're sitting Hayton because he isn't "ready" against heavy teams, but we load up Garland and Schmaltz on the same line and have Crouse, Soderberg, and Fish on the same line?

Welp, the PK looking great under McLean, too, eh?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well in 3 of the first 4 games we looked good and couldn't score, now we look tepid and can't score.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Stepan's peripheral vision is apparently as good as his shootout move.
You know it was accidental because there are about three guys on the roster who would deliberately make contact like that. And none of them are Stepan. getting

Also. Garland gets rocked. Surprised Schmaltz didn't step in to protect him or at least intimidate them with speed.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The Coyotes look mentally weaker than the team that is yanking concessions workers out of the stands to play D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad