GDT: Game 5 - CBJ at CAR - 12 Oct, 7pm

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
skimmed the carolina GDT on their board...

they sure dislike our organization, for whatever reason.

I checked and it looked like one hater and a few others joking / making civil war memes. We've never had issues with Canes fans before, they've been the best on the boards.

Reactions: Razputyn

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I checked and it looked like one hater and a few others joking / making civil war memes. We've never had issues with Canes fans before, they've been the best on the boards.

Yeah, for real, we like you guys despite being in the same division. Kind of like how we like Nashville- we are all non-traditional hockey towns that don't get respect from the league.

I actually had more resentment toward your team when it was in the western conference and was awful yet we still couldn't manage to win in our 2 games a year...

Reactions: Fro and majormajor

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Need to put a complete game together tonight. Is it possible?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I thought we would both be good. And at this juncture I still wouldn't be so sure that they'll create any kind of long term separation from us. They're a really solid well coached team but I don't think their core roster is much better. I'd take Aho over any of our forwards but that's about the only distinction, maybe Svech eventually.

Right now their top three forward goal scorers are Teravainen (the real deal, a one time cheap pickup from Chicago), Dzingel (cast off from some other team), and Haula (the guy I wanted Jarmo to get, just acquired for a B prospect). And right now their top goalie has been Reimer who has a .940. Don't expect Reimer to keep that up.

I expect them to be just above 100 pts, but I also think Columbus is only one solid goalie or one solid top forward away from being in that same position.

Goalie their biggest question mark IMO... otherwise I think they have better offensive and defensive systems.

I didn't mean to say they're so much better than us as I think we are similarly constructed to them... but they seem to be containing to get better while we figure out how to replace Bread/Duchene/Bob.

TBH, I'd like to see us and them the new regulars at the top of the division sooner than later.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
When did the Canes get an annoying horn like the Pens/Caps?

I don't remember hearing it in the past.. but maybe its just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Don’t want to jinx us with any optimism but Korpi showing better rebound control so far tonight

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I’m curious how much lead time we’ve had this season. I only recall two times we’ve had a lead (before losing it). Leads seem like too much responsibility for this team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad