GDT: Game 5: Boston vs. Montreal 10 May 2014 |7 PM| CBC, NBCSN, RDS, 98.5 | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
You are a really misslead fan, always arguing that Habs fans are dumb or such or incapable of sportmanship.

Bruins deserved the win tonight, especially after my team collapsed after the B's first goal and that until the end of the second period. Bruins adjusted to the habs well and Therrien made a few bad mistakes (dressing Murray and not dressing Brière).

The water thing was a dumb move from Thornthon, but was not relevant to separate a win from a loss.

This serie is still good, and I hope it will stays so, but we have to move away all stupid fans from both sides that always make stupid comments about their loss or their wins...

Good game Bruins, it was deserved

Sorry buddy my comment about Eller was what I read from your board... many were calling Eller one of your top guns last night I am not calling Habs fans dumb , just too passionate to recognize a guy creating a penalty which Eller did twice last night as opposed to applauding a great individual effort. I never said they were incapable of sportsmanship either, not sure what you are reading. It is my opinion that Montreal tries to get penalties and that is their perceived edge. In fact their 5 on 5 record is second worst to Anaheim and they have scored 12 goals this series 6 on the pp. There is nothing wrong with scoring on the pp only when you try and generate penalties that would not be called unless they were embellished like PK's backward dive and all the stuff that Eller does. Separate the name calling from how some of your guys play.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Now that's cool!

Can do one from Flashdance too.

This makes me laugh every time I see it.

On the main board I thought about making a wicked witch reference but then figured it would be taken wrong.

Thorts was wrong but I still find this funny.

And the guilty laugh makes it all the better.

Kind of reminds me of Ference's wardrobe malfunction.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
In all seriousness, has anyone seen any footage of the water even coming close to Subban? Because I haven't.

I saw two camera angles (perhaps just time delay of the same angle).
In one, he flips the squeeze bottle down & up. In the next, I can see a trickle of water shoot diagonally over the dasher towards Subban.

He's also admitted it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This makes me laugh every time I see it.

On the main board I thought about making a wicked witch reference but then figured it would be taken wrong.

Thorts was wrong but I still find this funny.

And the guilty laugh makes it all the better.

Kind of reminds me of Ference's wardrobe malfunction.

I did.
It was deleted.

Nicklechauve

May 7, 2014
Montreal
Sorry buddy my comment about Eller was what I read from your board... many were calling Eller one of your top guns last night I am not calling Habs fans dumb , just too passionate to recognize a guy creating a penalty which Eller did twice last night as opposed to applauding a great individual effort. I never said they were incapable of sportsmanship either, not sure what you are reading. It is my opinion that Montreal tries to get penalties and that is their perceived edge. In fact their 5 on 5 record is second worst to Anaheim and they have scored 12 goals this series 6 on the pp. There is nothing wrong with scoring on the pp only when you try and generate penalties that would not be called unless they were embellished like PK's backward dive and all the stuff that Eller does. Separate the name calling from how some of your guys play.

Embellishment is made by all teams. What I see is a relatively clean serie between to rival and some good hockey moments. But most on this board (and on the habs board) seems to be blind to good hockey and try to focus on dumb accusation and stereotype.

1. The size of both team is almost the same in stats...yet we have some small attackers, but a few...yet I still hear the same "smurf" stuff from 10 years ago. Time to move on on that

2. We had some problems scoring 5 vs 5 during the year and in the playoff. Don't know where that come from. I believe it is because our players try the fancy goals and they are not suited for it. But that's my opinion. We need to find a big first center, we have been looking for it for a decade now.

3. I don't understand why Boston fans hate that much the habs. I respect the Bruins, would want my team to beat yours. But won't call you embellisher when Marchand does one, Thugs when Lucic does a cheap shot or cheater when the refs gives you a favor call... this is hockey. Sometimes you get mad at things your ennemy does and will defend the same exact behavior when your team does that...Can understand that.

I will stick to this board until my team or your team elimination. I found some good people here and it is always good to see the opposite side point of view.

Enjoy game 6

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Embellishment is made by all teams. What I see is a relatively clean serie between to rival and some good hockey moments. But most on this board (and on the habs board) seems to be blind to good hockey and try to focus on dumb accusation and stereotype.

1. The size of both team is almost the same in stats...yet we have some small attackers, but a few...yet I still hear the same "smurf" stuff from 10 years ago. Time to move on on that

*** Not really the same at all.. you have 2 5'7 players, 2 5'9 players and 2 5'11 forwards so six forwards under 6 feet.. we have one Marchand... you also have 2 defence men un der 6 feet we have one... 8 vs 2 is not the same...

2. We had some problems scoring 5 vs 5 during the year and in the playoff. Don't know where that come from. I believe it is because our players try the fancy goals and they are not suited for it. But that's my opinion. We need to find a big first center, we have been looking for it for a decade now.

3. I don't understand why Boston fans hate that much the habs. I respect the Bruins, would want my team to beat yours. But won't call you embellisher when Marchand does one, Thugs when Lucic does a cheap shot or cheater when the refs gives you a favor call... this is hockey. Sometimes you get mad at things your ennemy does and will defend the same exact behavior when your team does that...Can understand that.

****For this question you have to dig through the history of this rivalry especially in the 70's and 80's where we lost every time sometimes incredibly like the too many men on the ice game... so the number and way we lost makes for bitterness. If we had won as many times as you did in the past I am sure there would be lots of hatred of the Bruins by your fan base. As far as embellishment everyone points to Marchand but the Bruins as a team gets the fewest pp's in the league almost every year you can;t say that about Montreal can you? I know you won't agree but PK is really obvious when he does it. I watched a video earlier of a play where Campbell went to the boards against PK .. he held his stick , looked over his shoulder for the referee and the just fell backwards... that is embarrassing and he did the same last night against Bartkowski.. he was held but he has great balance , to see him fall the way he did backwards is pure diving, that seems to be how he likes to do it...

I will stick to this board until my team or your team elimination. I found some good people here and it is always good to see the opposite side point of view.

Enjoy game 6

Enjoy the game... I am confident our team will win because they have earned how to win big games and close a team out which is very hard... We were statistically in the top of almost every category this year except getting power play chances so it is really hard to hear this comparison of how we play with other teams because it is not true in general.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know it's against the HFBruinsBoard law to create another Eriksson thread because of all the hatred it engenders (admittedly from people like me) but that said...when a guy steps up and plays well, you gotta give him his due: He was awesome last night.

Loui looked great. You should have been there as the rat was the guest flag waver :)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Enjoy game 6

7 of your forwards are 6`0 or under, thus the "smurfs" comment

If you can`t understand the hatred, I`m guessing you may not have been privy to decades of Bruins/Habs hockey like many have?? Not slamming you, but IMO, NO fan of either team, who may be in the 40+ crowd would EVER have any trouble understanding the hatred between the two

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
7 of your forwards are 6`0 or under, thus the "smurfs" comment

If you can`t understand the hatred, I`m guessing you may not have been privy to decades of Bruins/Habs hockey like many have?? Not slamming you, but IMO, NO fan of either team, who may be in the 40+ crowd would EVER have any trouble understanding the hatred between the two

I have hated the Habs in the past, and I'm certainly rooting for the black and gold. I do think Bergevin has made some significant strides with that hockey club and they are starting to play a heavier game. I really like that team on the other side of the ice for once. I think they have a good mix of skill and grit. Price is the best positional goalie in the world, he is tons of fun to watch. Subban is always so animated, and they have a compete level in that club that I haven't seen from them in a while.

BigBadBruins63*

Destroy them tonight! Send their ***** fans home crying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad