Laval Rocket: Game #5 @ Belleville Senators (Laval Loses 5-4)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Unbelievable that they keep losing to this team.

Just started the game. Was there no sound all game??

I had issues with AHL TV altogether. I was able to suddenly get in and watch a little before it would stop. No visual and no sound. Then I'd get it. Then it was gone. At some point, I gave up. I just stat watched.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I had issues with AHL TV altogether. I was able to suddenly get in and watch a little before it would stop. No visual and no sound. Then I'd get it. Then it was gone. At some point, I gave up. I just stat watched.
It's not that hard to broadcast a game in this day and age. Some kid on YouTube has better production values.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
1697940097475.png

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
It's a young team and they lack a veteran goalie like Poulin last year. Mann is an ECHL goalie, and Dobes a rookie. That being said, they will learn and improve as the experience will come in. Roy managed to get two points in a bad game for the team. Remember that good offensive players collect points in defeats where they are not very visible.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
When we traded Petry I thought Lindstrom might be a good 7th in the NHL. Well, not very impressive in the AHL, so...

I never heard of him before the trade but Grant said he would be in the Habs top 4, so far in Laval he's got 0 pts -6 2 pims, not a great start to things.

I'm surprised they haven't put him with Norlinder instead of doing the stupid 2 LD's on one line and 2 RD's on another line.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Nice goal by Mailloux but he got really exposed on that 2nd Belleville goal. Got burnt the same way as yesterday, missing on the hipcheck because he couldn't keep up.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Nice goal by Mailloux but he got really exposed on that 2nd Belleville goal. Got burnt the same way as yesterday, missing on the hipcheck because he couldn't keep up.

Back skating is definitely a problem. But nothing that can't be fixed.

At least he scored tonight, should give him some confidence going forward.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I think most now realize that the consensus, in this case, Mailloux’s supposedly elite skating, is, as usual, wrong. People need to watch and reach their own conclusions and not simply parrot what the pundits are saying. Because these ‘experts’ most probably are just repeating what they themselves have heard and repeated from others. Anyone, with a modicum of knowledge of hockey, who watched Mailloux closely last year could foresee that he would have trouble with the speed at the AHL level, let alone against NHL players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Back skating is definitely a problem. But nothing that can't be fixed.

At least he scored tonight, should give him some confidence going forward.
In Mailloux's case, with him having limited development time, confidence is a big factor going forward. What was really important is that he was engaged in the play and was prepared and willing to support an offensive effort. Only baby steps. But very important steps for this very intriguing, but developing player.

Reactions: bopeep and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
In Mailloux's case, with him having limited development time, confidence is a big factor going forward. What was really important is that he was engaged in the play and was prepared and willing to support an offensive effort. Only baby steps. But very important steps for this very intriguing, but developing player.
Now that I have watched him play several games I agree that he is 1-2 years away.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They could REALLY use Primeau. Him or any veteran average AHL level goalie at this point. I'd actually be fine with trading Primeau for a strictly AHL goalie right now, I don't even care.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1909

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Now that I have watched him play several games I agree that he is 1-2 years away.
Reality is sometimes a bitter pill to swallow. Some posters here believe I have become overly critical of Mailloux. What I am critical of, is unwarranted expectations. I still believe that Mailloux has strong potential and upside. But until he gets stronger and faster, he will not be ready for the level of competition he will face in the NHL. In my many posts about this intriguing prospect I cautioned that Mailloux would most probably struggle initially at the AHL level. I think his uneven play so far has confirmed my concerns and cautions. Frankly, I think he is doing better than how I had thought he would do . Your suggestion that he is 1-2 years away is probably correct. We are in a re-building phase. There is no rush, for him, Hutson, Reinbacher, etc. Some will make it, others won't. Such is the exceedingly uncertain world/path of player development.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Reality is sometimes a bitter pill to swallow. Some posters here believe I have become overly critical of Mailloux. What I am critical of, is unwarranted expectations. I still believe that Mailloux has strong potential and upside. But until he gets stronger and faster, he will not be ready for the level of competition he will face in the NHL. In my many posts about this intriguing prospect I cautioned that Mailloux would most probably struggle initially at the AHL level. I think his uneven play so far has confirmed my concerns and cautions. Frankly, I think he is doing better than how I had thought he would do . Your suggestion that he is 1-2 years away is probably correct. We are in a re-building phase. There is no rush, for him, Hutson, Reinbacher, etc. Some will make it, others won't. Such is the exceedingly uncertain world/path of player development.
I think for the most part he has looked good. He isn't lacking in the confidence department that's for sure.

Jul 6, 2016
They could REALLY use Primeau. Him or any veteran average AHL level goalie at this point. I'd actually be fine with trading Primeau for a strictly AHL goalie right now, I don't even care.
They should try very hard to do a move like that. But , I would take a chance and send him down to Laval thru waivers. I am 95% sure no one will take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad