Laval Rocket: Game #5 @ Belleville Senators (Laval Loses 5-4)

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Surprisingly, Riley Kidney continues to impress in his limited playing time. If this kid can gain some strength, and that all illusive extra step, he’s going to play in the NHL. Every time I watch this team I find my self asking: who’s that number 21?
Very smart player.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
the-victory-smell-dwayne-johnson-1d2i0x64w2ba70o7.gif

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Surprisingly, Riley Kidney continues to impress in his limited playing time. If this kid can gain some strength, and that all illusive extra step, he’s going to play in the NHL. Every time I watch this team I find my self asking: who’s that number 21?
What he did in Gatineau was really impressive, i've been a believer since then.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Mailloux with a great stretch pass. Caught the whole team.

Though now down by a goal, Laval is playing a much more competitive game after a rather embarrassing first period.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval was killing a penalty well. But McKay went for a hit, but it was from behind. Then someone from Belleville steps in to fight McKay in defense of his teammate. McKay with the take down.

Reactions: Nevins

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Laval was killing a penalty well. But McKay went for a hit, but it was from behind. Then someone from Belleville steps in to fight McKay in defense of his teammate. McKay with the take down.
Dumb penalty to take 200 feet from our net.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Much better second period. Laval had several extended sequences where they had offensive pressure and possession in the Senators’ zone. A couple of mistakes made the difference as the Senators have the speed, size and skill to take advantage of those mistakes. Roy, after two excellent games has largely been invisible against this fast and aggressive opponent. Roy has excellent hand skills and vision but I have my doubts that he will be able to create the time and space to use those skills against the uber fast players he will be competing against in the NHL. I guess we shall see.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Much better second period. Laval had several extended sequences where they had offensive pressure and possession in the Senators’ zone. A couple of mistakes made the difference as the Senators have the speed, size and skill to take advantage of those mistakes. Roy, after two excellent games has largely been invisible against this fast and aggressive opponent. Roy has excellent hand skills and vision but I have my doubts that he will be able to create the time and space to use those skills against the uber fast players he will be competing against in the NHL. I guess we shall see.
He's got the opportunity to adjust in the AHL.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
Strong effort after a very weak first period. Team lacks high end talent, those couple of players who can drive the play and be difference makers. Its also a bit troubling that most of the better players on Laval are career AHLers. But our younger players will learn from this loss. They will get better. Mailloux now realizes he can score at this level. Minutes after his goal, Laval almost tied it up when Mysak missed burying a rebound off another Mailloux point shot. You could see Mailloux’s confidence grow as the game progressed including ‘de-cleting’ a Senator forward at the Laval blueline. Now he has to get faster, stronger and quicker.

Last edited:

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Unbelievable that they keep losing to this team.

Just started the game. Was there no sound all game??

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Strong effort after a very weak first period. Team lacks high end talent, those couple of players who can drive the play and be difference makers. Its also a bit troubling that most of the better players on Laval are career AHLers. But our younger players will learn from this loss. They will get better. Mailloux now realizes he can score at this level. Minutes after his goal, Laval almost tied it up when Mysak missed burying a rebound off another Mailloux point shot. You could see Mailloux’s confidence grow as the game progressed including ‘de-cleting’ a Senator forward at the Laval blueline. Now he has to get faster, stronger and quicker.

Yup. We're mostly a young team with kids who are first year or second year pros. So the growing pains will be a real thing.

Last year, Laval was among the top scoring teams in the league with one of the best PPs. However, they were among the worst in goals against and one of the worst on the PK. In a handful of games, it is exactly the same thing. Laval is 1st in goals for. And they are 32nd in goals against. They are middle of the pack on both PP and PK.

They don't have a problem scoring goals. Their main issue is not being able to limit the goals against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad