GDT: Game 5: Avs @ Preds | 4/20, 7:30pm MT | Hopefully this isn't the End

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Um...no. Come on now. I don't even think he's one > let alone multiples.

Again, the Warsofsky hate on here just gets way outta hand. Siemens proved just last game he really has no usefulness being out on the ice. He can't handle the puck, and he can't make defensive stops. He's like non-alcoholic beer...what's his point? For all his many flaws, at least #5 can do one of those things.
I agree Warsofsky hasn't been nearly as bad as described in a couple of posts here but I disagree strongly when it comes to Siemens in this playoff series.

Reactions: Avs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Um...no. Come on now. I don't even think he's one > let alone multiples.

Here's our D depth chart, IMO:

1- EJ
2- Barrie
3- Z
4- G
5- Nemeth
6- Barbs
7- Lindholm
8- Siemens
9- Warsofsky

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That I'll agree with.

FTR I would rather see Alt than Warsofsky, I still don't get the hate though.

I’d rather see Alt as well. But for a puck mover Warsofsky is like really bad at it, and provides 0 defensive ability or physicality. At least Dunk can bring some alright defensive ability and can punch some faces.

Reactions: Avs

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Someone please go put some sock tape on Subbans skates so he eats shit and faceplants as he comes out and becomes the best meme of all time.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Here's our D depth chart, IMO:

1- EJ
2- Barrie
3- Z
4- G
5- Nemeth
6- Barbs
7- Lindholm
8- Siemens
9- Warsofsky

Well, that's nice, but obviously Bednar sees it way differently.

Why would you have Lindholm that high? At least Dunk has some size, Lindholm is not only really awful with the puck (might even be worse than Dunk), he's not that big, either. I don't see him, Siemens, or Warsofsky as viable NHLers, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick the guy with puck skills who can at least skate it out of the zone (incidentally he has done just that in this series more than a couple times in his very limited number of shifts).

IMO it should go like this, it's just me though.

1 EJ
2 Barrie
3 Zadorov
4 Girard
5 Barberio
6 Nemeth
7 Alt
8 Warsofsky
9 Siemens
10 Lindholm

Reactions: CobraAcesS

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Out of curiosity what's an average GDT like for reported posts

Most of the time it's really not too bad, obviously depends on the game though you know? It really seems like at this point this board kinda has a "normal flow", if you will.

Playoffs tend to be a different animal though. Emotions are higher, things get said and then stuff can tend to spiral real quick. So that's why I was surprised that in a loss like Wednesday's that we only had 2 reported posts that I saw. You guys rocked it and made the night pretty easy for any Global Mod or Admin who checked in.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’d rather see Alt as well. But for a puck mover Warsofsky is like really bad at it, and provides 0 defensive ability or physicality. At least Dunk can bring some alright defensive ability and can punch some faces.

That's just it, he's not doing that. If he laid a couple big hits I'd be all for him staying in the lineup. However, I'm not down with him letting Forsberg brush past him with barely a fight. That's not "alright" defensive ability, nor is it face-punching. I'm with everyone else on that, at least commit a PENALTY if he blows by you like that!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well, that's nice, but obviously Bednar sees it way differently.

Why would you have Lindholm that high? At least Dunk has some size, Lindholm is not only really awful with the puck (might even be worse than Dunk), he's not that big, either. I don't see him, Siemens, or Warsofsky as viable NHLers, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick the guy with puck skills who can at least skate it out of the zone (incidentally he has done just that in this series more than a couple times in his very limited number of shifts).

IMO it should go like this, it's just me though.

1 EJ
2 Barrie
3 Zadorov
4 Girard
5 Barberio
6 Nemeth
7 Alt
8 Warsofsky
9 Siemens
10 Lindholm

Yeah I forgot about Alt, it's really hard to put him objectively in the chart anyway. Lindholm is a better D than Siemens, but Siemens brings something (size) that Lindholm doesn't have and the skill gap between the two isn't big enough to compensate for that, especially during the playoffs.

So:
Lindholm = better defenseman
Siemens = more useful for a playoff game

That's the way I see it, anyway.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Most of the time it's really not too bad, obviously depends on the game though you know? It really seems like at this point this board kinda has a "normal flow", if you will.

Playoffs tend to be a different animal though. Emotions are higher, things get said and then stuff can tend to spiral real quick. So that's why I was surprised that in a loss like Wednesday's that we only had 2 reported posts that I saw. You guys rocked it and made the night pretty easy for any Global Mod or Admin who checked in.

Everyone this year seems just happy to be here. We all want to win but after last season I think every seems to have perspective and is keeping emotions in check. Future looks bright and this season was a lot of fun. That said I'm sure everything will go off the rails tonight.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I agree Warsofsky hasn't been nearly as bad as described in a couple of posts here but I disagree strongly when it comes to Siemens in this playoff series.

Well, I might be going a little over the top myself when it comes to Dunk...I suppose he's been okay on the PK and what not but I still think he was ridiculously bad on that goal against.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Weird feeling, i do not feel like the season is going to be over tonight. I am saying the Avs win this one...! Theyll just keep holden on!

...I understand if optimism is not allowed here so feel free to kick me out ;)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I just hate everything nowadays so I convince myself music from the past is better. I only like Radiohead because I ate some mushrooms once.

I have a feeling so did Thom Yorke, especially when writing some of their more experimental stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad