GDT: Game 5: Avs @ Preds | 4/20, 7:30pm MT | Hopefully this isn't the End

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
If this is the end, at least make them work for it.

If Forsberg starts dangling, take him down, hook him, slash him, whatever, don't just let him walk right in.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Hammond can absolutely steal games or atleast provide somewhat decent goaltending, that's a lot better than what we've been getting the past few games. Lets hope we somehow get 14-0-1 Hammond and not the other one

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
i liked when they did that thing where they score on the first shot of the game. That was pretty neat.

I hope they find a way to work that into the game plan tonight.

Reactions: cgf and avsfan09

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Is this our last day? Someone tell me it's going to be alright....

It's going to be alright, you can trust me*.

giphy.gif

*you probably can't, and shouldn't, trust me...after all, I can't see the future, if I could I sure as hell wouldn't be here with you people right now

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't know what's actually wrong with Girard (does anyone?) but if he's doubtful I don't see what value there is in risking him in this game.
Well, considering if we lose it's the last game of the season, I don't see why you wouldn't lay it all out this game. Unless it's a knee or ankle that could hurt his career, one way or another he's going to get a nice long rest soon anyway.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Didn't it come out that Girard is indeed playing tonight? Or was it just that he was in a regular contact jersey today?

If the Avs won today I could not care less if they lose 30-0 at home game 6. No matter what happens tonight this was a great season, and it is easy to say it is fun to be a fan again!

Reactions: McMetal

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
We all know if Girard plays, Siemens will be scratched. Might as well prepare for it now
Would be a damn shame because Siemens has been playing well in the playoffs. Also, the Avs need his physical presence. Right now Z is the only punishing dman we have in the lineup and although he already is one of the very best physical dmen in the league imo that's not enough on the road against the 2018 Nash Preds in the playoffs. And although I wouldn't call our offense soft at all we're certainly missing an element a guy like Greer (if he only had been better this year) would provide. So, Avs would be better with Siemens than without him tonight imo.

Reactions: Lemonlimey and Avs

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Sounds more like Texas.

He may sound like he's from Texas, but nope, the guy who made that catchphrase famous is from Pawnee City, a stone's throw from where I live. I think he exaggerates it for effect but it is kinda funny how thick the "rural" accent can get in these parts. People from small towns and the larger cities sound just like I do, y'know, the bland "American default" accent.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Even so, Siemens >>>>> Warsofsky

Um...no. Come on now. I don't even think he's one > let alone multiples.

Again, the Warsofsky hate on here just gets way outta hand. Siemens proved just last game he really has no usefulness being out on the ice. He can't handle the puck, and he can't make defensive stops. He's like non-alcoholic beer...what's his point? For all his many flaws, at least #5 can do one of those things.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois

Again, the Warsofsky hate on here just gets way outta hand. Siemens proved just last game he really has no usefulness being out on the ice. He can't handle the puck, and he can't make defensive stops. He's like non-alcoholic beer...what's his point? For all his many flaws, at least #5 can do one of those things.

Which one of those things can #5 do? Serious question.

Reactions: McMetal

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

It’s hard to look bad when you play 6 minutes a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad