GDT: Game 5 1:01 PM - Detroit at PATRIOTS - The return of Pat Patriot - FOX, CTV Montreal, 98.5 WBZ-FM

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
As a Pats fan you have to miss getting the benefit of the call 95% of the time.
eye-roll-robert-downey-jr.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Did not see the game but this was a great week for Belichick. To shut out that offense is impressive even if Goff really does suck.

I am not saying Zappe is better than Mac but Mac better wake up and remove his head from his ass because all Bill sees right now is a cheaper option who has given the team a chance to win the last two weeks.

Reactions: GabeTravels

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You people are crazy if you play Mac over Zappe. Even if fully healthy.

Zappe just finds the open man and makes it look easy. It is always a struggle with Jones because he was used to playing on the best team in college and only throwing to top 10 draft picks. We'd all like more arm strength but he has the making it look easy thing all the top guys do and Jones doesn't.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You people are crazy if you play Mac over Zappe. Even if fully healthy.

Zappe just finds the open man and makes it look easy. It is always a struggle with Jones because he was used to playing on the best team in college and only throwing to top 10 draft picks. We'd all like more arm strength but he has the making it look easy thing all the top guys do and Jones doesn't.
Yes he did. Against Detroit.

Pump those brakes please.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Pats need to learn from how they’re gameplanning with Zappe when Mac comes back. Stop having Mac throw up 50/50 balls and rely on his arm and rely on the running game/play action. Basically what they did last year with him, he’s not talented enough to sling it all over the place and neither are the receivers. The backs are nasty

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Pats need to learn from how they’re gameplanning with Zappe when Mac comes back. Stop having Mac throw up 50/50 balls and rely on his arm and rely on the running game/play action. Basically what they did last year with him, he’s not talented enough to sling it all over the place and neither are the receivers. The backs are nasty

I don't think they are gameplanning differently one guy is just reading the field better. I don't think its comparable either watching one guy effortlessly find wide open receivers and the other labor through it.

Mac has done a good job of listening to his coaches and being Trent Dilfer for us right after being drafted. Hes outperformed his draft class. They are keeping the play calling with him the way it is for a reason.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Is Cooper Rush nasty? Do the Rams blow? Are the Jets actually decent with Wilson?

Jets are us. 2 very good RBs and a decent line. Young QB. Breece Hall is maybe the best RB in the NFL at this very moment if you aren't factoring in past performance and going on who you want going forward RBs don't develop they enter the league good and just get banged up and decline.

They didn't have to play the Fins with Tua big difference him vs the 3rd stringer.

I'm not sold on their D though I think good teams will have their way with the Jets like they always did but they can beat plenty of the crap in the NFL and have caught some scheduling breaks so far. We played as hard a 4 game stretch as it gets and now have 6 easy ones.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Zappe was running a limited playbook against a team that gave up 35 ppg heading into today and was down 5 DBs by the 3rd. He played great but it's hard to know how much to take from the game. I'm just happy with the win.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Agholor only played 7 snaps so it’s gonna be nice to see that number further reduced with more Thornton

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hunter Henry had a good game. about time the Pats made more & better use of the TE position. Granted they haven't had good ones in awhile but Henry is decent.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I hate to put a damper on the Bailey Zappe parade, but like many people have highlighted this kid beat the dysfunctional Detroit Lions after playing seven quarters of NFL football with a limited playbook. Additionally, it seems as if Bluto actually used some offensive sets that actually make sense to win the game rather than what he was doing earlier in the year to get Mac killed. So let's see how Zappe does when he now has some expectations on him to win against a real team or a team that has some talent like the Browns.

Also, for all the people who now want to immediately brand Mac Jones as being "Trent Dilfer 2.0", I have the following news to part with you. If Zappe hurdles back down to earth, like I assume he will because it is only natural, don't be upset when he gets the tag of Jay Fielder 2.0. Because guess what? That's what he is. That or Elvis Grbac. Don't be fools.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't think they are gameplanning differently one guy is just reading the field better. I don't think its comparable either watching one guy effortlessly find wide open receivers and the other labor through it.

Mac has done a good job of listening to his coaches and being Trent Dilfer for us right after being drafted. Hes outperformed his draft class. They are keeping the play calling with him the way it is for a reason.
Haha so the playbook is the same for the 2nd year QB as it is for 3rd stringer in his 1st start?

They’re putting more focus on the run with him in. He also went against a team that didn’t have time to prepare for him last week and this week the one that did is the worst defense in the league. Pump the brakes

Reactions: EvilDead

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Belichick wiffed on those 2 TE in 21 leaving a couple of others who look like could be pretty good

Both gone

But he also got Stephenson and Jack Jones in third and fourth round

Bottom line watching Bill - any CB they draft 3-7 or sign as Collefe FA I’m on board with
Crazy how good they are rounds 3 and after and suck in second round

Belichick on WEEI - worth a listen best interview in a while ~ ‘I love KB’ no hesitation- passionate & competitive and wants to win

Sounds like these two kids like to go at it a bit

Dumb penalties but not dumb guys

Losing Smith and inactive Humphrey allows them to go with a 5 package with 1 RB Stephenson 1 TE Henry & 3 WR (hopefully minimal Agohler) and a lot of Myers & Bourne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad