GDT: Game 5 1:01 PM - Detroit at PATRIOTS - The return of Pat Patriot - FOX, CTV Montreal, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Matt Rhule fired. His QBs in Carolina:

Teddy Bridgewater
Sam Darnold
Baker Mayfield

Some of these coaches should be able to sue their teams for malpractice.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
One thing I noticed yesterday was that the Patriots only had something like 42 yards in penalties. Minimizing mistakes can help any football team regardless of who their quarterback is, or who the opponent is. For all their deficiencies in talent and coaching, the Patriots didn’t shoot themselves in the foot very often. Two takeaways on defense didn’t hurt, either.

As far as the quarterback situation is concerned, we can all rest assured that Belichick will play the guy he thinks will win the most games - regardless of public opinion. He’s done this before - benching then trading seemingly untouchable quarterbacks in favor of someone else he thought was better. After the 1992 season Belichick replaced Bernie Kosar with Vinny Testaverde, and I’m sure we all remember Tom Brady replacing Drew Bledsoe during the 2001 season. I’m not saying that Mac Jones or Bailey Zappe are better or even as good any of the aforementioned quarterbacks, but Coach and GM Bill Belichick will pick the quarterback he thinks will give the Patriots the best chance to win.

Reactions: BMC and GabeTravels

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Teddy Bridgewater
Sam Darnold
Baker Mayfield

Don't forget the corpse of Cam Newton

Poor Matt Rhule. He came out of the college ranks with so much potential and Carolina pretty much ruined his coaching career

Reactions: BMC and Johnnyduke

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20221010_160405.jpg

Give this man more snaps please. Please I beg.

Reactions: EvilDead

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

Teddy Bridgewater
Sam Darnold
Baker Mayfield

If Dean Spanos had half a brain (....and he doesn't), Brandon Staley would be a dead man walking as well after that decision to go for it on 4th & 2 from their own 45 yesterday, late in the game when they were up by 2.

Staley got a midnight pardon from the governor, when the Browns missed the FG that he basically handed to them on a silver platter.......

Reactions: EverettMike and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If Dean Spanos had half a brain (....and he doesn't), Brandon Staley would be a dead man walking as well after that decision to go for it on 4th & 2 from their own 45 yesterday, late in the game when they were up by 2.

Staley got a midnight pardon from the governor, when the Browns missed the FG that he basically handed to them on a silver platter.......
I had chargers -1 and I was prepared to go do something irrational

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
What side of the ball does Rhule coach, didn’t Bill talk him up in the preseason?

Panthers paying him can see Bill jumping on that.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What side of the ball does Rhule coach, didn’t Bill talk him up in the preseason?

Panthers paying him can see Bill jumping on that.
He's done both at the college level but more recently has been an offensive line and tight ends coach in the pros with some QB coaching at Temple as well. Versatile but with experience in the trenches, no wonder Bill loves him. Could definitely see him bringing him on as a consultant or something.

Reactions: The National

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I think Barkley was the original target but I think they waited too long. Could've had him relatively cheap in the offseason, but there's zero chance the giants move him now unless it's an insane overpay. McCaffrey would be much cheaper at this point.

Reactions: CDJ

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Which is not a good sign considering he had his most snaps so far this season then went over and argued with BB after committing a penalty.

Yeah I saw that. I’d still take that over the guy who hands the ball to the other team once a game.

Lining up is not a problem for him. He’s done it once.

Reactions: Mione134

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
He's done both at the college level but more recently has been an offensive line and tight ends coach in the pros with some QB coaching at Temple as well. Versatile but with experience in the trenches, no wonder Bill loves him. Could definitely see him bringing him on as a consultant or something.
He might be a consultant for the remainder of the season, however there are going to be a lot of solid college programs taking a serious look at him over the summer.

Wouldn't shock me at all if he ended up at Nebraska.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad