GDT: GAME #49 | LEAFS @ HABS | WED, APR 28 @8PM EST | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Maybe it’s the time of year, this division, but the playoffs can’t come soon enough.
Yup, it feels like we've proven everything we can in the regular season and we're just waiting on the playoff results to see if this season can be considered a success or failure.

It has been really promising to see some key metrics building in the right direction over the past 20 games. We're near the top of the league in xGF%

Reactions: DarkKnight

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Still ice Thornton though, get him nice and cranky going into game 1.
By big guys I meant the big 4, not the big guys in terms of size. Hell yeah I want Jumbo out there talking crap to their bench and Simmonds throwing his weight around too, I don't want Matthews Marner JT or Willy getting getting ran at by pissed off 4th line Wpg slugs

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I like our lineup now, even with key injuries. That's a good sign of our depth.

Still not a fan of Reilly on PP1 though. Just hand it over to Sandman. Or even Muzzin, he's got a good shot from the point.

Reactions: DarkKnight

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

Still not a fan of Reilly on PP1 though. Just hand it over to Sandman. Or even Muzzin, he's got a good shot from the point.
Sandman yes but Muzzin's zone entries are one of the worst I've ever seen, the guy just stops skating and gets caught.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I’m a little bit upset that they aren’t cycling in defensemen. There is no reason that rielly brodie. Muzzin holl need to play all 8 games.

I personally would like to see all of the regulars plus Hutton and Lilly get 6 of 8 games.

you can spell the regulars off one at a time.
We need to get Lilly and Hutton up to speed with our system

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Muzz would not be the one relied upon to enter the zone in this situation.
true, I guess I'm more so referring to whatever the setup through the neutral zone is called, usually ending up in a drop pass but not always.

Think the Leafs should try and utilize Nylander as much as possible for their zone entries, he does them with such ease.

Edit: I guess you could maybe call it a 'neutral zone entry & a little more'

Last edited:
Reactions: saffronleaf

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
true, I guess I'm more so referring to whatever the setup through the neutral zone is called, usually ending up in a drop pass but not always.

Think the Leafs should try and utilize Nylander as much as possible for their zone entries, he does them with such ease.
I agree. Nylander's probably the best pure puck handler on the team and is a zone entry machine. It's frustrating that the team doesn't seem to take advantage of his skill on the powerplay.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I agree. Nylander's probably the best pure puck handler on the team and is a zone entry machine. It's frustrating that the team doesn't seem to take advantage of his skill on the powerplay.

The way he just wills his way into the zone with possession is great to watch.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I’m a little bit upset that they aren’t cycling in defensemen. There is no reason that rielly brodie. Muzzin holl need to play all 8 games.

I personally would like to see all of the regulars plus Hutton and Lilly get 6 of 8 games.

you can spell the regulars off one at a time.
We need to get Lilly and Hutton up to speed with our system

having the best record is very important IMO

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Foligno has this air of confidence that is contagious. His hard work and never take a shift off mentality and leadership skills are great.
He hasn't even ramped it up to playoff mentality yet, which is probably good for his health tbh. Come playoff time he hits everything in sight, I was getting sooo pissed this guy was finishing every one of his hits on our boys, he threw us off our game no doubt

Reactions: NastyKnies

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

I definitely hear ya but I'm glad Keefe got to try Sandin and put it into Reilly's head a bit that he better produce on the PP ... and to his credit Reilly looked a lot more focused and creative last game on the PP, did that little fake drop pass and drive it to the net hard.
Reilly will get dibs one, maybe two more PPs and he better generate at least some prime scoring chances in those chances or Sandin may get the keys and just steal it from him outright

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
You just know Caufield is gonna score against for his 1st. We all know it. It's a long leaf tradition. :biglaugh:

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I guess the good news is that we are going to get a great battle with the Habs. The bad news is that the arenas aren't open, because there is nothing like a train ride into enemy territory with the boys all suited up in the blue and white for some friendly banter and hockey.

Caufield is going to be a beauty. But i'm going to be sick of hearing about him by about 8:15

Reactions: supermann_98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad