CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

8O6L6NK.png

Last edited:

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
4 games left against the Habs for the rest of the year. Very strong possibility that we face them in round 1. Hoping that this group recognizes that this is a huge opportunity gain confidence against this group. And even more so, put a little doubt in MTL's head come playoff time. Having their number in these 4 games could cripple their confidence going into a series against us. On the same thought, if we lose 3 of the 4 it gives them that belief that they can do it all over again. Playoffs start tonight in my mind. Win the mental battle before the post season even starts. Have the killer instinct

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Yep :laugh:

I'm betting that he'll score and get an assist.

The play will start from their end from great save then sleek hit by Petry then a better defensive play by Bergeron behind the goal the Caufiled end to end for first of many against the Leafs

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Caufield better not score a hat trick against us.

Anyway, I hope we humble the Habs, that last game gave them too much hope.

He can score 7 for all I care as long as we win 8-7.

In all seriousness though it wouldn't surprise me... well maybe a hatty would but not 1.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Caufield better not score a hat trick against us.

Anyway, I hope we humble the Habs, that last game gave them too much hope.
the last game we played against the Habs was the day after the Masters Sunday. Where the Leafs were extremely public about putting in a shift watching. I suspect the boys were a bit hung that gameday, and they just didn't look sharp at all. I expect a better performance tonight for sure. But I also expect the Habs to come out hungry as they are playing for their playoff life. Should be a very competitive game, just like the last couple against WPG. I think there will be a playoff feel. Both teams will be wanting to send a message

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

I asked this in the other thread. Someone needs to explain that latter scenario to me. How does Edmonton and Winnipeg ending in regulation help the Leafs clinch a playoff spot.

This shit is so confusing. Lol.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I asked this in the other thread. Someone needs to explain that latter scenario to me. How does Edmonton and Winnipeg ending in regulation help the Leafs clinch a playoff spot.

I didn't do the math but keep in mind that this year is even more difficult for teams to make ground up as all the teams play each other every game.

So what I'm assuming here is that a single point to Edmonton/Winnipeg and two for the winner makes it impossible for the Canucks to catch Toronto (Calgary already can't), which would have to happen for the Leafs to fall down to 5th - and be leapfrogged by four teams - mainly because of which teams play each other in the final stretch (see first point above).

What I do know is that as of a few days ago, if Vancouver had a perfect record from here on, and Toronto lost every game in regulation, and every game between Montreal/Winn/Edm went to OT with the team needing the points more winning, and all four of those teams winning all of their games against Calgary, Toronto would have missed the playoffs by 3-4 points. In other words, the Leafs effectively clinched last week, but mathematically, an extraordinarily unlikely combination of wins/losses by all the other teams would have eliminated them.

That was way more of an answer than you were asking, without directly answering you, my apologies :(

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Does anyone know why tonight's game is an 8 pm start?

probably because we change schedule and now ottawa van is playing at the same time.

Toronto Montreal is a huge game so the bumped ottawa/van to 530 so that the leafs could be prime time.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I didn't do the math but keep in mind that this year is even more difficult for teams to make ground up as all the teams play each other every game.

So what I'm assuming here is that a single point to Edmonton/Winnipeg and two for the winner makes it impossible for the Canucks to catch Toronto (Calgary already can't), which would have to happen for the Leafs to fall down to 5th - and be leapfrogged by four teams - mainly because of which teams play each other in the final stretch (see first point above).

What I do know is that as of a few days ago, if Vancouver had a perfect record from here on, and Toronto lost every game in regulation, and every game between Montreal/Winn/Edm went to OT with the team needing the points more winning, and all four of those teams winning all of their games against Calgary, Toronto would have missed the playoffs by 3-4 points. In other words, the Leafs effectively clinched last week, but mathematically, an extraordinarily unlikely combination of wins/losses by all the other teams would have eliminated them.

That was way more of an answer than you were asking, without directly answering you, my apologies :(

Ahhhhh I see. Yeah, I get it now. What you’re saying is if Edmonton or Winnipeg win straight up, that will create enough of a cushion for the Leafs to clinch inevitably at some point since both teams play Vancouver enough times down the stretch that it’s impossible for the Leafs to get caught by Vancouver. Either that or with enough Canucks wins in those games, Edmonton or Winnipeg wouldn’t be able to catch the Leafs either regardless of what the Leafs do down the stretch.

You explained it perfectly. :):):)

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I obviously want the Leafs to go into the playoffs with a winning mindset, but my main concern is that we don't lose anyone else to injury the rest of the way in these relatively meaningless games.
Ya I wouldn’t mind doing a bit of load management down the stretch here for some of our key players who have had a heavy workload but I still wanna make sure we win the division

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

Likely 3 points game no matter which way it goes still gives enough points for both teams to surpass Leafs in unlikely scenario of tie for 4th and final po spot.
And 2 points only game for winner ultimately eliminates that scenario that both teams and Vancouver (with all games between them) would surpass Leafs.
We are that close to clinching.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
probably because we change schedule and now ottawa van is playing at the same time.

Toronto Montreal is a huge game so the bumped ottawa/van to 530 so that the leafs could be prime time.

Not sure about that, as Ottawa is on TSN.

Edit: nevermind Vancouver is on Sportsnet.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
On one hand, I want to see him do well because it’s kinda like an FU to all the GMs that passed on him because of his size.

On the other, when was the last time Habs fans didn’t overhype a prospect? KK, Suzuki, Poehling, Mete, and I can go on. They really aren’t a good at drafting and developing high end talent.

Surely not all habs fans....

remember this? ;)

2cqis9.gif

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
All we have to do is beat Vancouver in regulation tomorrow. No need for anything else.

Btw, if we lose today, we eliminate Ottawa. :D

Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad