GDT: GAME #49 | LEAFS @ HABS | WED, APR 28 @8PM EST | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
GameDay Lines with GSVA from theathletic.com (note: Dom is on vacation so the GSVA numbers haven't been updated in a couple weeks):

Screenshot_20210428-120914_Sheets.jpg

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I want the Leafs to obviously go into the playoffs with a winning mindset, but my main concern is that we don't lose anyone else to injury the rest of the way in these relatively meaningless games.

This 1000% ^^^

I literally could care less about these games, I just want the team healthy.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Anyone excited to see Caufield's first NHL goal? :sarcasm:
On one hand, I want to see him do well because it’s kinda like an FU to all the GMs that passed on him because of his size.

On the other, when was the last time Habs fans didn’t overhype a prospect? KK, Suzuki, Poehling, Mete, and I can go on. They really aren’t a good at drafting and developing high end talent.

Reactions: Jmo89

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
If they can win the next few that should pretty much get them close to clinching the division. The more points the better so the rest of the playoffs they can be a higher seed.

Of course you want to avoid injury but you can still play well and win, and be smart.

I don't care too much how the Leafs did against anyone in the regular season in the end in terms of matchups. I'd rather them play the 4th seed, then whoever wins round 2 so be it.

I don't think it's a good idea to wish for a certain opponent. Leafs just need to be ready for every single team. That's what top teams do.

You want to win a cup you have to beat some of the best teams. If you play harder teams earlier on it only gets you more prepared for the next team.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Caufield will score tonight thats a given. Keep it at that lol.

We clinch tonight with the help of the Sens

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If they can win the next few that should pretty much get them close to clinching the division. The more points the better so the rest of the playoffs they can be a higher seed.

Of course you want to avoid injury but you can still play well and win, and be smart.

I don't care too much how the Leafs did against anyone in the regular season in the end in terms of matchups. I'd rather them play the 4th seed, then whoever wins round 2 so be it.

I don't think it's a good idea to wish for a certain opponent. Leafs just need to be ready for every single team. That's what top teams do.

You want to win a cup you have to beat some of the best teams. If you play harder teams earlier on it only gets you more prepared for the next team.

Sums it up well. Lock up the division with a few wins in the next week.

Really this is what we want to see in our final games:

- No injuries
- Solid 5 on 5 play at both ends
- Strong goaltending
- Improved PP
- Steady PK

Keep this team confident and rolling into the playoffs. Doesn't matter who we play, we'll hate them all the same in the end.

Wrong Wilson

Hanta Yo!
Nov 17, 2019
Toronto, ON
On one hand, I want to see him do well because it’s kinda like an FU to all the GMs that passed on him because of his size.

On the other, when was the last time Habs fans didn’t overhype a prospect? KK, Suzuki, Poehling, Mete, and I can go on. They really aren’t a good at drafting and developing high end talent.

Galchenyuk :sarcasm:

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

- No injuries
- Strong goaltending
- Improved PP
- Steady PK

Keep this team confident and rolling into the playoffs. Doesn't matter who we play, we'll hate them all the same in the end.

We really need to get the PP straightened out before the playoffs. It's so much harder to score in the playoffs, it can end up being our downfall if we can't start to convert or at the very least gain some momentum.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

- No injuries
- Strong goaltending
- Improved PP
- Steady PK

Hard to control injuries.
I'd say watch suspensions though

Reactions: BertCorbeau
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->