8469514.jpg
|
8469608.jpg
[

Notes and such:

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
I'm looking forward to the game.

You got that right! Of course I can't wait till every game...
Im hoping to top it off that there is a real backup after the tunnel where they are doing that shoulder work (54th street?)
I'll bet fans coming late have a real tie up there!
LETS GO YOTES!!!!!!!

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Doan and Brown have calmed down a lot, especially Doan. I don't think we'll be seeing anything like what we use to see out of them again.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I plan to watch, but probably won't find it enjoyable. If we play poorly, I'm watching crap hockey. If we play well, we screw up the tank.

I guess I hope they play well. They have built up a pretty good cushion for a top 5 pick.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I plan to watch, but probably won't find it enjoyable. If we play poorly, I'm watching crap hockey. If we play well, we screw up the tank.

I guess I hope they play well. They have built up a pretty good cushion for a top 5 pick.

Tanking isn't worth it anymore anyway IMO.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
You got that right! Of course I can't wait till every game...
Im hoping to top it off that there is a real backup after the tunnel where they are doing that shoulder work (54th street?)
I'll bet fans coming late have a real tie up there!
LETS GO YOTES!!!!!!!

I imagine that stretch where they're working on the shoulder will be bad. I went to Tempe to have lunch with my daughter on Saturday and there was a bit of a backup going and coming back. Good luck.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I plan to watch, but probably won't find it enjoyable. If we play poorly, I'm watching crap hockey. If we play well, we screw up the tank

We are 11 pts behind 4 teams and 10 ahead of Colorado. A lot of hockey to play, but highly likely we finish right where we are.

That said, I hope we win them all

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Coyotes won the last 3 games, Fischer a key contributor to those wins. Sooooooo...he's sent down to Tuxon in order to play in the AHL all-star game. Instead of being recalled, he stays in Tuxon while the Coyotes go with 22.

I just assumed (my bad) that Jooris would be cut when Domi returned, so don't get that angle either.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Coyotes won the last 3 games, Fischer a key contributor to those wins. Sooooooo...he's sent down to Tuxon in order to play in the AHL all-star game. Instead of being recalled, he stays in Tuxon while the Coyotes go with 22.

Same, not a fan of the move and I was previously in favor of not even giving him a call up. This isn't like DeAngelo where there are some mental/attitude concerns where it might be understandable. Perlini and to a lesser extent Dvorak are starting to shine and Fischer appeared immediately on that same path. So I don't understand the keep him away from the dumpster fire rationalization either.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I liked Fischer when he was up but I'm Ok with him going back to the AHL. He didn't look as nhl ready as Dvorak and Perlini IMO. I didn't watch all of the past few games though, I missed the first period at least of each with school stuff so I could very well be wrong.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

I just assumed (my bad) that Jooris would be cut when Domi returned, so don't get that angle either.

It's Dave Tippet we're talking about. Who is surprised by his stupid moves at this point?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I liked Fischer when he was up but I'm Ok with him going back to the AHL. He didn't look as nhl ready as Dvorak and Perlini IMO. I didn't watch all of the past few games though, I missed the first period at least of each with school stuff so I could very well be wrong.
3 games, 2 goals and 100% shooting percentage!!

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Have they said Fischer is staying in the AHL? Or are they just giving him a little break? He just played in the ASG last night. And I'm all for giving him the opportunity to go. He's done great so far and it's a nice reward/experience for him.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
3 games, 2 goals and 100% shooting percentage!!
True, but it doesn't mean he's ready. He is great at driving the net though, love that.
Basically yes. Said through the usual sources that he's not ready for a full time role. Which is probably true enough but that also applies to like 40% of the current roster so it rings kinda hollow.

I think everyone else that's up is closer to being ready than Fischer. Again though I've missed at least a period of each game he's played, so I don't have a very strong opinion about it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
True, but it doesn't mean he's ready. He is great at driving the net though, love that.

I think everyone else that's up is closer to being ready than Fischer. Again though I've missed at least a period of each game he's played, so I don't have a very strong opinion about it.

They didn't seem to miss Jooris much. I'd have no problem sending Fischer down if he went cold after 2-3 games but I'd at least let that happen first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad