For comparison, here's where we stood at this point during the 3 playoff years:

This year - 49 games, 53 points
2011-12 - 49 games, 50 points
2010-11 - 49 games, 57 points
2009-10 - 49 games, 61 points

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'd have enjoyed that because Doan would have handed Peluso's ass to him in a box.

Big fan of Doan but IDK. Peluso is a mean fighter.

Regardless, I was more wondering if Doan was being an *** going after Ehlers or Jets fans were just complaining because it was Doan???

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Big fan of Doan but IDK. Peluso is a mean fighter.

Regardless, I was more wondering if Doan was being an *** going after Ehelrs or Jets fans were just complaining because it was Doan???

I think Ehlers was rubbing it in (as were a couple of the other Jets, specifically Byfuglien and Wheeler) which is why Doan went after them. But yes, Jets fans tend to complain because it's Doan, too.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
For comparison, here's where we stood at this point during the 3 playoff years:

This year - 49 games, 53 points
2011-12 - 49 games, 50 points
2010-11 - 49 games, 57 points
2009-10 - 49 games, 61 points

How about the two years after where we just missed?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
2012-13 was the short season, but we finished with 51 points in 48 games.

In 2013-14, 55 points after 49 games.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I think Ehlers was rubbing it in (as were a couple of the other Jets, specifically Byfuglien and Wheeler) which is why Doan went after them. But yes, Jets fans tend to complain because it's Doan, too.
Wheeler's presence brings out the best (or worst) in Doan. #AngryDoan.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'd have enjoyed that because Doan would have handed Peluso's ass to him in a box.

All the respect in the world for what Doan has accomplished in his career. But if he fought Peluso he would get destroyed. Peluso is one of the only true fighters left in the game. He's never lost a fight (had a draw with Ryan Reaves who is a beast). Most guys he fights he absolutely destroys. Gary Roberts does the off season strength and conditioning with many NHL players and calls Peluso the strongest guy in the NHL. Peluso couldn't carry Doan's lunch box when it comes to hockey but he would smash his face in very easily.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
All the respect in the world for what Doan has accomplished in his career. But if he fought Peluso he would get destroyed. Peluso is one of the only true fighters left in the game. He's never lost a fight (had a draw with Ryan Reaves who is a beast). Most guys he fights he absolutely destroys. Gary Roberts does the off season strength and conditioning with many NHL players and calls Peluso the strongest guy in the NHL. Peluso couldn't carry Doan's lunch box when it comes to hockey but he would smash his face in very easily.

I still think Doan would win, and not just because I'm a total Doan homer. Doan has strength but he's also extremely hard to unbalance. It probably comes from throwing large farm animals around in his spare time. I don't doubt that Peluso is a better pure fighter but I've never seen anyone be able to stand with an angry Shane Doan.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I still think Doan would win, and not just because I'm a total Doan homer. Doan has strength but he's also extremely hard to unbalance. It probably comes from throwing large farm animals around in his spare time. I don't doubt that Peluso is a better pure fighter but I've never seen anyone be able to stand with an angry Shane Doan.

Doan rarely fights (3 listed in the last 2 seasons) and why should he... better to have him on the ice. His opponents in those fights were Wheeler, Getzlaf and Steve Downie. Not exactly NHL pugilists. I just don't think he's big enough to stand up to what I've seen Peluso do to pretty much everyone he's ever fought (in the NHL). Chris Neal was sneaky in the Sens game... he grabbed Peluso's strap on his helmet and dove to the ground to drag him down on top of him before Anthony could hit him. I have no doubt that Doan is very strong though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad