GDT: Game 49: Coyotes @ Jets - 6PM - FSAZ - Almost Break Time

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Tippett will say it was fatigue but we still got 2 points in a back to back. Never mind they looked like dog **** in both games.

And all these short handed chances...When does coaching come into question when it happens over and over?

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
See what happens when you aren't represented in the ASG.? They are rebelling

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
And all these short handed chances...When does coaching come into question when it happens over and over?

Nash praised Tippett and called it "inspired coaching" when he took Duclair off the 4th line late in the last game. I **** you not.

I'm convinced now that the bubble around the team will not be broken anytime soon, so the team will be on good guy autopilot right up until it finds itself in another state.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Hey, what is the deal with Coyotes goalie situation? I have been trying to watch more of Domingue lately because he has looked so legit everytime I have seen him. I am confused though that not only is he playing back to back games, but after 5 goals he is still in net this game. Not saying the goals are his fault or not, but typically when the score gets high you let the goalie get a break regardless.

So do the coyotes just have 0 confidence in their backup or what?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hey, what is the deal with Coyotes goalie situation? I have been trying to watch more of Domingue lately because he has looked so legit everytime I have seen him. I am confused though that not only is he playing back to back games, but after 5 goals he is still in net this game. Not saying the goals are his fault or not, but typically when the score gets high you let the goalie get a break regardless.

So do the coyotes just have 0 confidence in their backup or what?

Our backup goalie is Anders Lindback. That should be all the explanation necessary.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
You guys still wanting Gordon, Vermette and Richardson all back? Screw that. Vermette centering the 4th line because we can't dump his contract, Hanzal Strome and Dvorak. We need so much more skill out there it's not funny. Too many average and below plugs that can't handle the puck.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Two tremendously bad breaks with the Byfuglien goals, but we still need to be a lot better.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Except when he coasted on the back check, allowing the second goal.

He made up for it with his board play and pass off Helly's pads to Richardson. Can't say that for the rest of the team tonight.

You guys still wanting Gordon, Vermette and Richardson all back? Screw that. Vermette centering the 4th line because we can't dump his contract, Hanzal Strome and Dvorak. We need so much more skill out there it's not funny. Too many average and below plugs that can't handle the puck.

Want isn't the issue with Vermette. We're stuck with him.

I like Richardson, he is what he is and does okay at it. If he can play C and Wing swingman next season that's fine.

Gordon is a stop gap, he can be let go.

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
Two tremendously bad breaks with the Byfuglien goals, but we still need to be a lot better.

Nu-uh. Club doesn't lead the league in SHG against because of tremendously bad breaks.

The first BigBuff goal was a fluke, but the defensive brain farts on PP are consistent. All damn season long...

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Want isn't the issue with Vermette. We're stuck with him.

I like Richardson, he is what he is and does okay at it. If he can play C and Wing swingman next season that's fine.

Gordon is a stop gap, he can be let go.

Still say would would have been better off doing nothing in FA. I hate our FA activity now even more than I did then.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Nu-uh. Club doesn't lead the league in SHG against because of tremendously bad breaks.

The first BigBuff goal was a fluke, but the defensive brain farts on PP are consistent. All damn season long...

Oh I'm all for adding another legitimate top pairing D to play with Ollie to stop all these shorties.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Ollie getting beat early this period. Woof.

Still say would would have been better off doing nothing in FA. I hate our FA activity now even more than I did then.

Yeah I wasn't thrilled with the whole getting the band back together vibe but I think it was just plugging holes. The mix of youth and stop gaps is okay with me, more about how they are deployed.

If Vermette didn't have fatherhood/postcup/teary-eyedreunionittis we'd be a little better off. Whatcha gonna do.

Lindback starts the 3rd. Hopefully the last time we have to see him.

:naughty:

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Power Play

Please take Doan off the Power Play. Him carrying the puck in is ridiculous.

How does Tippet look brilliant playing Duclair on the 4th line. Duclair looked better than most of the forwards. I don't understand - the lines shakeup.

Our defense sure looks worse without Dahlback in the lineup. I don't understand the Tikhonov scratch unless he got hurt. Last two times hes been out we have been beaten fairly solid.

We must have the worst 5-3 PP in the history of the game.

I don't see the young kids as the issue. We play much better when we have 4 lines to roll. we've been outclassed the last two nights by ALOT. Its embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad