GDT: Game 49 | Bruins @ Islanders 1/29 7PM NESN, SN360, SNO, SNP, TVA, 98.5

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Can refs stop missing major penalties against the Bruins? Please?

Reilly getting his face caved in by Manchuk's stick with no call made me almost twist a kitten.

Clearly it was incidental but it's still an automatic call 100% of the time. You have 4 refs on the ice, there's no excuse for that. Not even so much as a make up call for the rest of the game either.

The Bruins don't get these obvious calls because they aren't fast enough.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
You can say that about any playoffs team in the East...

Except for Montreal I disagree. Obviously every team in the league (for the most part) will suffer if their starting goalie goes down, but I don't know if everyone realizes how dependent we are on Rask at the moment.

He's posted a .947 sv% and 1.67 GAA for January, the highest of any starting goalie. He's also faced the 4th most SA for January (behind only Varlamov, Smith and Holtby) and made the third most amount of saves (behind Varlamov and Holtby and well above Price). He has a better January sv% than both.

He also has faced the 5th most SA and has the 5th most saves of all goalies for the entire season, just behind Price (for all the MTL fans who complain Montreal's defense is so much worse - they face an incredibly similar SA per night). Montreal also has a higher GF/G overall.

So basically - Rask has been ridiculous for all of January and better than any other goalie in NHL for this month by a good margin. Statistically, in the East, Montreal is the only team who gives up as many shots as we do and whose goalie has been equally bailing them out.

If Rask goes down, we are so insanely ****ed.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Except for Montreal I disagree. Obviously every team in the league (for the most part) will suffer if their starting goalie goes down, but I don't know if everyone realizes how dependent we are on Rask at the moment.

He's posted a .947 sv% and 1.67 GAA for January, the highest of any starting goalie. He's also faced the 4th most SA for January (behind only Varlamov, Smith and Holtby) and made the third most amount of saves (behind Varlamov and Holtby and well above Price). He has a better January sv% than both.

He also has faced the 5th most SA and has the 5th most saves of all goalies for the entire season, just behind Price (for all the MTL fans who complain Montreal's defense is so much worse - they face an incredibly similar SA per night). Montreal also has a higher GF/G overall.

So basically - Rask has been ridiculous for all of January and better than any other goalie in NHL for this month by a good margin. Statistically, in the East, Montreal is the only team who gives up as many shots as we do and whose goalie has been equally bailing them out.

If Rask goes down, we are so insanely ****ed.

So are the:

Habs: Price
Rangers: Lundqvist
TB: Bishop
Detroit: Howard
Washington: Holtby
Penguins: Fleury
Islanders: Halak

Any of these goalies go down, these teams will free-fall fast. Especially the Habs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So are the:

Any of these goalies go down, these teams will free-fall fast. Especially the Habs.

Fleury waits til the playoffs to hurt his team JJ:laugh:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
So are the:

Okay, yes they will all do poorly if their starting goalie gets hurt. My point was that right now, we are statistically more dependent on Rask than any of teams are on their goalies except Montreal.

Which was my reasoning for why I want Chia to get a #3-4 dman in a trade. Because we going into the playoffs with your goalie carrying the entire team on their shoulders is a recipe for losing. See Montreal last year.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Isles got 45 shots in on Rask last night. 45! Tavares I believe had 9 or so with a goal and assist.

Just watched on DVR. The Isles had a few sustained surges, but overall the Bruins were the better team. Not all of those shots were what could be called high quality.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I thought the Isles were slightly better in the first, significantly better in the second, but I'd give a slight edge to the Bs in the third.

Not sure the final score reflected the general game flow.

Which is fine. You need to win those games. But if I were an Islander fan I'd be pretty frustrated today and pretty aggravated with how good Tuukka Rask was.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
So are the:

Tokarski and Talbot are really solid backups, and both have some PO experience. Fleury is...well...not sure if it would matter come playoff time. Other than that, the rest would probably struggle.
If Rask went down though, we would probably have the most inexperienced tandem in the league.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Rask is playing awesome but by no means did he steal this game. There are a lot of guys playing better and Rask is certainly one of them but the bruins are playing much much better defensively . They are now generating more chances in the other end and also giving Tuukka a chance to win the close games for them.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Didn't hear that but it's not surprising. He's also said in the past that he likes facing a fairly high volume of shots.

New here and an Isles fan who was at the game last night. Your team is really, really good. My team needs to take lessons about standing up at the blueline, neutralizing speed, and keeping shots outside.

Good luck the rest of the way!

batesy

Dec 5, 2014
Nova Scotia
Not sure if there's a better thread for this haha but here it ishttp://www.letsgobruins.net/2015/01/29/nhl-issues-warning-to-pk-subban-to-change-his-game/

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
On the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge...

imagejpg1-14.jpg

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
So are the:

Howard is out... And Detroit keeps winning.

Also disagree with NYR and NYI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad