GDT: Game 49 | Bruins @ Islanders 1/29 7PM NESN, SN360, SNO, SNP, TVA, 98.5

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This team has issues on D and it will be exploited by the faster teams but management will need to fix this by adding the right D man if they want to push hard into the playoffs.
We saw it tonight on many occasions where the D were beaten by the Isles speed and great chances were created from them.
Huge concern for me at this moment.

Our 2nd line tonight seemed like a serious line to contend against if they decide to keep Loui there.
It was buzzing and causing good head aches for the Isles.

As we all know we still need a top 6 forward or a top 9 if Smith is capable of filling the 1st line role.
Personally I loved what I saw from the 2nd line tonight and if we can get the 1st line to be a force to deal with this team can be a beast to play against into the playoffs.

I totally agree with your assessment but there isn't a team in the Eastern Conference that doesn't have weaknesses including the no.1 team who we just defeated tonight.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Tho Kevan Miller scored a crucial goal at the end of the 2nd period I see holes in his game. In a 7 game series against speedy teams like the Habs, Tampa etc Miller is going to have a lot of problems.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tho Kevan Miller scored a crucial goal at the end of the 2nd period I see holes in his game. In a 7 game series against speedy teams like the Habs, Tampa etc Miller is going to have a lot of problems.

I really anticipated more from Miller this season. I was fooled a bit by his play last year and probably set myself up with unrealistic expectations. I find myself cringing far more with him on the ice than I do/did with Bart when he gets the chances to play

Good game, Isles are a blast to watch but until/unless they learn how to play D, they can`t win er all IMO.

Outplayed in the 2nd but I also saw more than a few stretches where the B`s owned the puck in the offensive zone with some great cycling, opportunities

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Rask's save on Graber was something. 5 stars save. Very good game, overall, after a couple days of rest. Still, Bruins need to stop to give away lead....

jdz

May 22, 2013
DgSIC7w.png

weyoA.jpg

oh NHL.com

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm happy that we won and against the islanders, we have aa rough strecth coming so hopefully this was also a wake up goal, 45 shots against bruins is pretty weak.

I thought Soda got his legs going after his penalty, and that waked also pasta and I thought the last 15 minutes they played well together.
2nd line with eriksson can be a series changer in playoffs, that should be a pretty good shutdown line and at the same time they can score goals.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Agreed, on both counts. :) And dismissing EN goals, as if they somehow don't count, is insane. They're critical.

Check out the league leaders for EN goals over the past few years and you'll find names like Ovechkin and Kovakchuk. Funny, though, you don't hear whining about them padding their stats.

I've seen two games in the last couple of seasons where ENG became the game winners because the opposition scored.

Yes ENG are generally easier to score than against a goalie but they aren't meaningless goals-they can often be the difference between a regulation win and a 50/50 chance in OT.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I ride it while it's hot, sure, but Smith has a Ryder streakiness to him and I'd like to see Loui there at some point.

Loui belongs with Krejci for an extended stint,as strong as Bergeron's line looked last night,Loui and Bergeron are redundant. I did notice Loui making a couple of passes to Marchand and thinking how good it must feel to not see an open Kelly.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Good win, great to see them putting some pucks in net too. If I'm being honest, I thought that the Islanders played better for longer stretches than Boston, but that Rask was too good in net. Halak let the Isle down.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Good win, great to see them putting some pucks in net too. If I'm being honest, I thought that the Islanders played better for longer stretches than Boston, but that Rask was too good in net. Halak let the Isle down.

On the tip point blank, the 2 point shots he never saw, or the Bergy goal off a screen on the PP he never saw?

Halak didn't let in a single weak goal. We earned every one with good traffic.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
That was a legitimate 10 out of 10 goaltending performance from Rask tonight.

Each of the past 5 games and 8 of 9 at 93 save percentage or better.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Have you not noticed that Lucic is on the ice every time the opposing team pulls the goalie. He is dominate in those situations and Coach Julien knows it. He has a bunch of empty net goals and he'll add a bunch more no doubt.

I think this is really overlooked. The way this team has struggled to close out games in the final minute or two, I'd say that Lucic (or anyone else) scoring an ENG is rather important.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Real nice test for the team now.

LA
@NYR
NYI
MON (2nd of b2b)
DAL

Be happy to go 2-1-2 in there before heading out west for 5 games. Be happy with 3-2 on the Western swing (based on the opponents), and then we get an easy chunk of schedule.

So 5-3-2 in the next 10 sounds great. Better is obviously great.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
On the tip point blank, the 2 point shots he never saw, or the Bergy goal off a screen on the PP he never saw?

Halak didn't let in a single weak goal. We earned every one with good traffic.

Kevan Miller's goal says hello...

So does Krug's. You can say he never saw them, but they were bad. No need to try and call it anything other than what they were.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
That was a good game to watch. These teams match up well. Isles are going to be an interesting team in the spring. Not good enough Defense/goaltending to win it all, but they will always be a threat to score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad