GDT: Game 48: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens 4/28/21 8:00pm EST SN,RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Case in point. Imagine a guy like him on our club. How much different would we be? So much better. The D contribute ZERO to our offense and GREATLY to crappy play in our own end.

Yeah but our team is full of better people now. Weber is such a good person. Too bad he can’t skate worth f*** anymore and is more stationary than Hal Gill.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
I'm not wholly against rebuilding. If that's the direction we take, I'm fine with it. At least it's a path.

I just think that we've got three 25-30 goal scorers in Anderson, Gallagher and TT. Add in the three young forwards and that's pretty good. Much maligned Carey Price has manged to keep terrible teams compeititive for a playoff spot and gets crapped on for it. He's still a very good goalie stuck behind bad teams.

And then there's our horrific D. I have ideas on how I'd fix it. I think it can be improved in short order and I think we could be an infinitely better team than we are today. I would go that route personally. At least try.

Either way though... I'd be fine as long as we actually chose a path. And we've never really done this.

Those aren't bad points but Bergevin is so bad he built a team that is seriously cracked at it's foundation......KK, Suzuki not close to their prime yet....Price, Weber, and Gally all past their prime ...That means the 5 most important positions on a hockey team are filled with guys that aren't in their prime.....I just don't think you can come close to a championship like that.........Last off-season was a nice haul of players to try and choose the all in path to build on what happened at the bubble but it probably can't save a team that is flawed at it's foundation......

We need a core of world class players all at their peak performance all at the same time.......

Reactions: Et le But

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Our D zone play is horrific. Everyone standing still and reacting. Of course you're always going to be chasing. Of course the other team will look like they are twice your speed. Who the hell is teaching them defensive zone coverage?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad