GDT: Game 48 | Senators @ Canucks | Part Deux | Saturday April 24nd, 10PM | CBC, SN

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Josh Brown had an assist tonight. He's more likely to create offense.

Its a lot easier giving it to someone to shoot in the net than to shoot it in the net yourself though lol. A lot harder to score a goal than get an assist.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Its a lot easier giving it to someone to shoot in the net than to shoot it in the net yourself though lol. A lot harder to score a goal than get an assist.

J Bro actually DOES have a hard shot. IIRC. The problem is you can time his release with a calendar.

Reactions: Cosmix

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
Tonights game consisted of:

Stu - Looking like a boy amongst men
Norris - Couldn't hit the net multiple exits due to shot wrapping around boards
Paul - First time I've seen him be consistently beat (he did try) obviously injury hampered him
Brady - Off night, had no influence
Connor - Playing with a bunch of confidence really like his game right now
White - Seems like he is trying to force it really bad
Brann - I think they are trying to make him play with a mean streak when he doesn't have the puck but it's not natural to him
Bath - Didn't do too much but had had some nice looks and hits
Pinto - Confident player nice rushes
Hog - Was meant to be in the stands, ends up playing. Thought he did made some good saves and also let in a couple of softies.
Dizzy - Terrible! Absolutely terrible invisible for the whole night and took way to long to get the shot off on his golden chance on the PP

Powerplay: Was to blame for the loss, if you can't get it done or even look close to scoring so you can build confidence off the PP then you deserve to lose with amount of powerplays and even a penalty shot.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Let's be honest, neither of them were going to score a goal. One of them was more likely (marginally) to set up a scoring chance... And it wasn't Tierney lol.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
One thing I’ve noticed is that Chabot rarely passes to Zaitsev in the offensive zone and goes to get lengths to just shoot it along the boards on the left. In saying that I don’t blame him because Zaitsev is horrid at creating shots or chances but I think it goes to show Chabot needs a much better partner that can help move the puck around in the OZ.

Reactions: Yak and DrEasy
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Tonights game consisted of:

Stu - Looking like a boy amongst men
Norris - Couldn't hit the net multiple exits due to shot wrapping around boards
Paul - First time I've seen him be consistently beat (he did try) obviously injury hampered him
Brady - Off night, had no influence
Connor - Playing with a bunch of confidence really like his game right now
White - Seems like he is trying to force it really bad
Brann - I think they are trying to make him play with a mean streak when he doesn't have the puck but it's not natural to him
Bath - Didn't do too much but had had some nice looks and hits
Pinto - Confident player nice rushes
Hog - Was meant to be in the stands, ends up playing. Thought he did made some good saves and also let in a couple of softies.
Dizzy - Terrible! Absolutely terrible invisible for the whole night and took way to long to get the shot off on his golden chance on the PP

Powerplay: Was to blame for the loss, if you can't get it done or even look close to scoring so you can build confidence off the PP then you deserve to lose with amount of powerplays and even a penalty shot.

I don't get why teams play players that are clearly hurt. There's no way they are more effective than whoever their replacement at 100% would be.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Probably don’t want him worrying about too much, just focus on playing good hockey. He will be there next year.

It was a good effort from most including Hogberg. 3 on 2 was defended poorly and as much as I don’t like how he opens up on screened shots you can’t blame him when the defensemen ends up right on top of him.

I'd go ahead and trot him out. You've deployed him in pk situations, important times on the ice, let him go for unit 2 of the pp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad