GDT: Game 48 | Jackets at Oilers | 1/25 9:30 pm

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Connor McDavid is one of the most dangerous players in the NHL and his presence on the ice is always a threat. He has scored a goal in almost 0.83 games (2022-2023) on average, according to [1]. That said, it is not impossible for him to go an entire game without scoring a goal, as evidenced by his scoreless performances in 6 of his last 10 games. The odds of him going an entire game without scoring a goal are currently -185, according to [1]. While this suggests it is unlikely, the Oilers' ability to perform without McDavid, highlighted by their improved shot attempts and scoring without him on the ice, as mentioned in [2], suggests that it is possible. Additionally, as [3] states, the Oilers' scoring chances with Draisaitl sans McDavid are perfectly in-line with the shot metrics and eventually the goals would likely reflect this. Ultimately, the odds of Connor McDavid going an entire game without scoring a goal are not in his favour, but with the Oilers' ability to perform without him, it is not impossible.

References: [1] Connor McDavid NHL Prop Odds and Stats - Covers.com [2] The Edmonton Oilers without Connor McDavid on the ice [3] How effective is Leon Draisaitl without Connor McDavid?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Gotta tip my hat to Korpisalo. He's been holding the fort down well lately. Feel like your boys deserve this one so far tonight.

Cheers.

Reactions: MoeBartoli and VT

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Another end of year and they start to put it together, but sleepwalk through the first 1-2 months of the season. I hate this team

Last edited:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I haven't been able to watch the Jackets much this year because I don't have Bally, but I watched tonight. Liked what I saw from Johnson in the offensive zone (some turnovers were rough) and found out Marchenko was a PF.

Some stuff to be excited about.

Is Gudbranson really one of the best options for 3-3 OT right now?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Man Gaudreau had a terrible game despite that assist in OT. I feel he was emotionally empty after Calgary game

He’s our top 1 D at the moment. Half joking

Interpret that like as a "thanks for the answer" rather than an "I'm happy about this"

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
O.K. my best players:

Korpisalo - Korpi was excelen, the wall. I hope we keep him, if he' health one is a very good goalie.
Laine - yes, Patrik didn't score (although he could chances) but his passes, back/forchecking, play at the boards... I never he is it.
Marchenko - again, good in the front of the net, at the boards and his goal was excellent. I hope he will be in TOP 6 in the next season.

I like Jenner, Boqvist, Gudbranson too.

Young boys, more precisely inexperienced boys, because Marchenko, Boqvist and Berni are only two years younger than Laine or Peeks, Blankenburg is as old as they, are better and better.

Correct me if I'm wrong but after some bad shifts McDavid's line against Jenner's line, this line was moved to another our line.

What's happen d-men. They are young. Boqvist - 22, Berni - 22 and his the first season in NHL, Blankenburg - 24 and his the first season in NHL, Peeke - 24. And now compare with other teams.

Last edited:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
What's happen d-men. They are young. Boqvist - 22, Berni - 22 and his the first season in NHL, Blankenburg - 24 and his the first season in NHL, Peeke - 24. And now compare with other teams.
Blankenburg made a bad play causing a goal and STILL finished the game +2.

Reactions: CBJx614 and VT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad