AZ
Panik 5 games 4 points +4
Duclair 3 games 1 point +1

I love the trade so far! ;)
Panik 5 games 4 points +4
Duclair 3 games 1 point +1

I love the trade so far! ;)
It's a minuscule sample, but past 2 games:

Arizona - 1-0-1 - quality point in Nashville and best game of the season in STL.

Chicago - 0-2-0 - home losses to Detroit and the Islanders by a combined 11-3, Hawk fans ready to run Tipp's BFF Q out of Chicago, new fav son Murphy healthy-scratched drawing ire from fans. No complaints about Duke yet, but the stat above was referenced. And yes....there's even talk of #Fallin4Dahlin in the Windy City.

Reactions: Yandover

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
As in the "kind of win who get's more people to attend the next game, so the probability of the team being moved to Seattle or Quebec is reduced"- meaningless?

Yeah, totally.

Still the worst team in the league. Still blew any goodwill heading into the season with the changing of the guard and then failed miserably to build any more with their start. If the vitality of the franchise rides on one season, this is still very much a "lol they're gone" result, St Louis win or not. It is utterly meaningless once the season has already been lost. It's almost February, and this was what, the 5th regulation win?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's a minuscule sample, but past 2 games:

Arizona - 1-0-1 - quality point in Nashville and best game of the season in STL.

Chicago - 0-2-0 - home losses to Detroit and the Islanders by a combined 11-3, Hawk fans ready to run Tipp's BFF Q out of Chicago, new fav son Murphy healthy-scratched drawing ire from fans. No complaints about Duke yet, but the stat above was referenced. And yes....there's even talk of #Fallin4Dahlin in the Windy City.

Considering the Hawks' lagging defensive depth, it's hilarious that Connor Murphy can't avoid healthy scratches.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Iy
Considering the Hawks' lagging defensive depth, it's hilarious that Connor Murphy can't avoid healthy scratches.
It just shows you how bad our D was last year with Murphy being considered top 4. Yet another coyote that has some success under our old coach but falters elsewhere, hmm...

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
All games have meaning. Playing well and winning over the last couple months of the season WILL benefit the team going forward.

Right! Just like how playing well over the last 2 months over the last 2 seasons really helped the team going forward and getting into the playoffs. :sarcasm: Mediocrity rules! :sarcasm:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Right! Just like how playing well over the last 2 months over the last 2 seasons really helped the team going forward and getting into the playoffs. :sarcasm: Mediocrity rules! :sarcasm:

That's when this team has won most of it's games over the last half decade or so; when all they do is hurt draft position. It's funny how we've changed everybody in ownership/management and the pattern is the same. They keep adding waiver fodder to get mediocre enough to earn a few points and give themselves less chance of getting the first pick. I expect us to climb to 4th or 5th worst in the league by the end of the season giving several waiver pickups a chance to earn NHL money they don't deserve. This way the coaches don't overwork themselves actually coaching and developing as many young players. More time for golf.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Iy

It just shows you how bad our D was last year with Murphy being considered top 4. Yet another coyote that has some success under our old coach but falters elsewhere, hmm...

I said over and over he was third pairing and got flamed by most everyone.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Iy

Wrong, Murphy was awful for the last 2 years here...he was arguably not NHL worthy last season and no he didn't have success under Tippett. He was a bottom pair guy who bulked up a bit and lost that little bit of speed that he needed to match up with the existing quick forward skaters.

Tippett didn't make him a top 4 Dman. Tippett played him as a top 4 Dman because of how bad our defensive depth was. Just because he played him as such doesn't make him one nor does it confirm that he indeed had the right gifts to play in the top 4.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The guy that parleyed much better goaltending and leadership (two of the big knocks this year, right?) into a 16-26-6 record and 38 points at the All Star break?
We have SEVEN fewer points this year. I can hardly stand the GIANT step backwards from the best coach and goaltender in the NHL.

Reactions: CC96

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Would you rather have them continue taking a dump on the ice so there is something worthy in your mind to discuss???

As far as I’m concerned last night was a good win. Whether they build on it or not remains to be seen but there’s no reason at this moment to continue throwing shade at everything for the sake of it.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Wrong, Murphy was awful for the last 2 years here...he was arguably not NHL worthy last season and no he didn't have success under Tippett. He was a bottom pair guy who bulked up a bit and lost that little bit of speed that he needed to match up with the existing quick forward skaters.

Tippett didn't make him a top 4 Dman. Tippett played him as a top 4 Dman because of how bad our defensive depth was. Just because he played him as such doesn't make him one nor does it confirm that he indeed had the right gifts to play in the top 4.
He wasn't that bad. He signed a 3.8 mill multi year deal and was traded for Hammer. He had plenty of value based on what we got for him. Murphy is much worse in Chicago then he was here, no denying that.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Would you rather have them continue taking a dump on the ice so there is something worthy in your mind to discuss???

As far as I’m concerned last night was a good win. Whether they build on it or not remains to be seen but there’s no reason at this moment to continue throwing shade at everything for the sake of it.

The guy that parleyed much better goaltending and leadership (two of the big knocks this year, right?) into a 16-26-6 record and 38 points at the All Star break?
We have SEVEN fewer points this year. I can hardly stand the GIANT step backwards from the best coach and goaltender in the NHL.

We are 20 points behind last years pace without that awful coach, cancer Smith, and the additions of Hammer/Stepan/Raanta/Keller. A giant step backwards is an understatement. Our colossal demise it only superseded this year by the success of Vegas in terms of surprises in the NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We are literally seven points behind last year at game 48. Seven. Despite losing the greatest coach of all time, the world's best goaltender, and the greatest captain ever who admitted he mailed it in for two years. Seven. You might have to reevaluate.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We are literally seven points behind last year at game 48. Seven. Despite losing the greatest coach of all time, the world's best goaltender, and the greatest captain ever who admitted he mailed it in for two years. Seven. You might have to reevaluate.
This again? We should be 10 points better than last year at this time. Reading the above post would have me believe that we’re not so bad. After all, adding new young talent and dumping the coach who fired your father has improved the record by a negative 7 points.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
So, are you predicting a 63 point finish, 7 points behind and all? I hope you are right, but I would take that bet. If Doan was mailing it in for 2 years, then that should help the team right? Tocc is sure making Tip look good, he has abetter roster and a way worse record. As Bonsie stated, we should be 10 points ahead of last years pace right now, why aren't we?

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Seriously! Enough with this bullshit! It is like watching an ass kicking contest where all of the entrants are one-legged men.
This team has sucked for years, and sucks again this year and will probably suck again next year....
Arguing the degrees of sucking to push an agenda that is stupid makes for exhausting reading

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Seriously! Enough with this bull****! It is like watching an ass kicking contest where all of the entrants are one-legged men.
This team has sucked for years, and sucks again this year and will probably suck again next year....
Arguing the degrees of sucking to push an agenda that is stupid makes for exhausting reading

Liked, but not for the part about sucking next year though.

Things can be turned. Look at the Avs. And we fixed the goaltender issues. It was the goaltender issues which made the start of this season abyssmal, and the abyssmal start which made the team lose all hope this year. The point average after the first two months are not dumpster-fire- not good enough, but not dumpster-fire.

Things can be turned.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Liked, but not for the part about sucking next year though.

Things can be turned. Look at the Avs. And we fixed the goaltender issues. It was the goaltender issues which made the start of this season abyssmal, and the abyssmal start which made the team lose all hope this year. The point average after the first two months are not dumpster-fire- not good enough, but not dumpster-fire.

Things can be turned.
I agree with that, but I don’t feel it is likely to be a massive turn around. I expect to still miss the playoffs (bad) but to look more competent in doing so (good).

For next year I hope that they can increase their scoring so that it doesn’t feel like 2 goals/game is the ceiling.
Also, I hope that they can keep the late game collapse stealing defeat from the jaws of victory from happening as often.

If these sorts of improvements can happen I will be very pleased with next season.

We’re can’t climb out of the deep dark crevasse we’re in overnight. The young players will need to continue to develop, as well as shuffling and increasing the number of vets to support them.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Murphy was replaced by twinkle toes Schenn when Murphy was demoted to the second or third pairing. Schenn did fine last year on our first pairing, and he had no business playing there either. Murphy just made bad decisions with the puck, it wasn't all about his speed, rather his talent.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree with that, but I don’t feel it is likely to be a massive turn around. I expect to still miss the playoffs (bad) but to look more competent in doing so (good).

For next year I hope that they can increase their scoring so that it doesn’t feel like 2 goals/game is the ceiling.
Also, I hope that they can keep the late game collapse stealing defeat from the jaws of victory from happening as often.

If these sorts of improvements can happen I will be very pleased with next season.

We’re can’t climb out of the deep dark crevasse we’re in overnight. The young players will need to continue to develop, as well as shuffling and increasing the number of vets to support them.

DT said it last year that our good players have to be better good players or something like that. We did that but something happened after all the moves, so we have to forget this year and look forward to next year. We all know that our goal tending hurt us this year, but the question that I want answered is why weren't some of the vets ready at the drop of the puck this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad