Post-Game Talk: GAME 47 - Whalercanes 3 BRUINS 2

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Special teams cost them this game really and not really turning it on till the third period,oh well on to the next game ,I don’t want no stinking Presidents Trophy anyway.Lol

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
?
Canes are such an annoying team

Game deserved to go to OT, missed that chicken wing on Gryzz’ stick

Oh well at least it wasn’t a playoff game
To be honest the Bruins are a very annoying
team, we're just fans. :laugh:

People have been waiting for the vets to retire and leave so the Bruins would fall off a cliff... Welp, there they are again going into the All-Star break 1st in the division. . Or... Eastern Conference.
:huh:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Canes really dominated for most of the game. They really are a tough matchup for the B's.

Teravainen's goal was ridiculous. Put his stick between Coyle's legs and lifted the puck top-self.

How in the world did Martinook get that clear for his breakaway? More than one Bruin had to make a bad decision to leave that much space to allow that play.

Marchand may be on the other side of the hill, but he can still find a way to carry the team.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Canes really dominated for most of the game. They really are a tough matchup for the B's.

Teravainen's goal was ridiculous. Put his stick between Coyle's legs and lifted the puck top-self.

How in the world did Martinook get that clear for his breakaway? More than one Bruin had to make a bad decision to leave that much space to allow that play.

Marchand may be on the other side of the hill, but he can still find a way to carry the team.
I think the defense didn't want to go offside. All the Bruins were standing at the blue line

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I am not seeing Brad as being on the other side of the hill. He should be at his age, but he really looks great every night. He often puts the team on his back.

The moves he makes at the games are amazing. He is unique.

I wish half the team had his determination.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

lindolm made a bad pinch and pasta was in lala land for a bit before it was too late

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

agreed, first two periods, Canes looked like a team vastly superior team. B`s push in 3rd great but too little too late and piss poor structure management on the late losing goal

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Always a tough match up against teams who are hard forchecker like Canes and Panthers espcially for the D corp, Forbort, Shattenkirck,Grze and Lindholm are baddly exposed during this kind of games...Lindholm have to wake up

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I love when the Mom's visit for either team

TNT seemed to enjoy rubbing it in the Bruins faces with non stop cameras on the Canes moms, especially when they scored, they even had one miked it, it was way over the top and to this person very annoying. You know how everyone has complained about the cameras always going on Taylor Swift at the Chiefs game, well this was that on steroids plus.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Think it might be time to start leaning a bit more on Sway, Ullmark has been a bit shaky the last few games

In my opinion Swayman has established himself as the clear #1. Considering Ullmark's playoff history this means he should be used as trade bait come deadline time, LA badly needs a goalie, make it happen Sweeney.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
In my opinion Swayman has established himself as the clear #1. Considering Ullmark's playoff history this means he should be used as trade bait come deadline time, LA badly needs a goalie, make it happen Sweeney.

This may not be a popular viewpoint but there are items on this team we need to correct in the next 35 games.
I just feel more confident with Swayman in net. If we need to dangle Ullmark on the trade block, I'm fine with that.

As mentioned earlier, I watched the Wings (very fast team) play the Canes a few nights ago. Canes were sending 2 sometimes 3 guys swarming, forechecking. Wings I do believe finished with 14 shots. That's it.

Right now we look pretty and all in first place, if we play the Canes with this line up, we are toast.

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I said this last night in the GDT. Grzelcyk is really good at moving the puck but that only works if the Bruins have momentum and are collectively pushing the play.

If he's out there playing defense he turns into somewhat of a liability, especially against a heavier forechecking team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad