GDT: Game 47 - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Winnipeg Jets - Saturday, January 27th, 2024 - 6:00pm CST - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Top Ten Reasons the Jets win today...

1. JoMo back and he's bringing both balls
2. Vilardi back and he's bringing both silky mitts
3. Best Goalie on the Planet is in the net (LB great too but Helly is Helly)
4. The Toronto-Maple-Refs can't possilby do 5-1 again can they?
5. Home Crowd vibes (feel free to be loud)
6. The Leafs suck
7. Falby scores today
8. The Leafs suck
9. Bones doesn't do L's back to back
10. Oh ya, the Leafs suck

Top-Ten.jpg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Little concerned about how it seemed like Scheifele was ready to go and then he wasn't. Even looked like Iafallo was a placeholder for him on the powerplay. Hopefully didn't aggravate his injury further
I doubt it. The best thing that you can do for groin injuries is lots of rest, stretching, and light skating.

The longer you can extend that, the more fully it heals and less likely to reaggravate.

Explosive motions are risky, exactly what Mark would do in game, and how he pulled it in the first place.

Honestly, the way to really heal it is to stay off the ice for a couple of months and just stretch and rehab but obviously that won't happen. It's something I'm afraid he's probably going to have to deal with until the offseason, but hopefully they can limit it to stiffness and soreness.

If it was a playoff game I'm sure he'd be back, and if we didn't have a week off after tonight I'd bet he'd play as well but one game is not worth the benefit of staying off it for another week plus.

I'm sure this was the plan all along but no sense in showing your cards.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I doubt it. The best thing that you can do for groin injuries is lots of rest, stretching, and light skating.

The longer you can extend that, the more fully it heals and less likely to reaggravate.

Explosive motions are risky, exactly what Mark would do in game, and how he pulled it in the first place.

Honestly, the way to really heal it is to stay off the ice for a couple of months and just stretch and rehab but obviously that won't happen. It's something I'm afraid he's probably going to have to deal with until the offseason, but hopefully they can limit it to stiffness and soreness.

If it was a playoff game I'm sure he'd be back, and if we didn't have a week off after tonight I'd bet he'd play as well but one game is not worth the benefit of staying off it for another week plus.

It certainly seems like it.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

I doubt they'd practice with him centering the top line instead of the player that'll actually be centering the top line if they didn't think he'd be an option.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Why are they Hamstringing Cole and Fly with Toninato.... give Kupari a shot up the lineup.
Weird reasoning by bones not to play vilardi at C because he's more comfortable at wing... I'm sure ehlers and perfetti are more comfortable with an actual centre...

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
that explains much; nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, amirite?

if you're going to slag somebody, at least have the
decency to provide some context or exposition.

"by my grand decree,

that guy sucks"

lol hello Rorschach test

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm thinking we will need Helly to win us one tonight. Without 55 we have 6 regulation goals in 5 games and have been shutout twice. Just play great team defense tonight, find a way to get a couple in and lets make all the Leafs jerseys go home with tears in their eyes.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m normally far from a Leafs fan but I have to tip my hat to them for their sportsmanship. They see the Jets are still undermanned with injuries so they’ve decided to dress Reaves and waste a roster spot tonight.

This type of sportsmanship is one of the reasons hockey is the best sport in the world and gives me hope that one day all of the people will be able to live life in peace, you-hoo-oo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad