GDT: Game 47 - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Winnipeg Jets - Saturday, January 27th, 2024 - 6:00pm CST - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Full many a glorious games have I seen
Flatter the mountain-tops with icy sovereign eye,
Kissing Jets’ fans golden faces (the opposition green),
Gilding pale streams of goals with heavenly alchemy;
Anon - permit the basest Leafs to ride
With ugly rack upon the ‘Peg’s celestial face,
And from the Eastern conference (their rotting hides),
Stealing unseen to west to meet their disgrace:
Even so our players this fated night will shine
With all triumphant splendor led by fortuitous goals;
And Aye! Keefe will cuss out his team one more time;
Their failing D will cloud his fatt’d mask for me now.
Fly’s speed, Helly’s glove, Lardo’s shot no whit disdaineth;
Leafs of the world will fail when Jet’s sun regaineth.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I couldn't help but feel a tiny bit happy for Samsonov the other night he played great and he seems like a pretty nice dude. It passed quickly though

That being said I hope the Jets light him up tonight and send him to the bench in tears by the 5 minute mark of the second.
Yeah my Leafs fan colleague was so chuffed for the guy, couldn't help being a little happy for em. Just a shame it had to come against us, but that's what happens when you can't score.

Another fantastic GDT @macmaroon , had a good chuckle at the mouthguard bit.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Little concerned about how it seemed like Scheifele was ready to go and then he wasn't. Even looked like Iafallo was a placeholder for him on the powerplay. Hopefully didn't aggravate his injury further.
Never have and never will get anything close to the truth re injuries with the Jets and pretty sure all other team in the NHL. Did he re aggravate maybe, did they just bring him on the trip because he was close maybe, will we see him after the break probably.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Never have and never will get anything close to the truth re injuries with the Jets and pretty sure all other team in the NHL. Did he re aggravate maybe, did they just bring him on the trip because he was close maybe, will we see him after the break probably.
It was reported he was likely to play today until after the practice and the lineups and powerplay units suggested this as well. In any case good time for a long break.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It was reported he was likely to play today until after the practice and the lineups and powerplay units suggested this as well. In any case good time for a long break.
lineups did but the pp unit suggested he wasn't going to play since they were running it with him on the bench talking to bowness

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
He looked real good going through those skating drills, maybe good a little over confident who knows. Long break and treatment and hopefully good to go against the Penguins.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Who cares about regular season now … the Jets have proven they are a Stanley Cup contender when healthy. I would rather sit Scheifele a couple of extra weeks and have him 100% for the playoffs.
Unless you want to hang up a banner “We beat the Leafs” why risk Scheifele to re-injury.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
lineups did but the pp unit suggested he wasn't going to play since they were running it with him on the bench talking to bowness
Considering the only center on the first unit was Vilardi I figured Iafallo was a placeholder for Scheifele while he was being assessed. I'd bet Lowry will take Iafallo's spot on the first unit tonight.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Who cares about regular season now … the Jets have proved they are a Stanley Cup contender when healthy. I would rather sit Scheifele a couple of extra weeks and have him 100% for the playoffs.
Unless you want to hang up a banner “We beat the Leafs” why risk Scheifele to re-injury.
Ah you fixed it darn! better posted twice than never.

1706377055661.gif

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Good morning Jets Fans!:popcorn:

@macmaroon outstanding as always!

I am off to the game tonight with a friend.
Lucky you! I'm going to miss seeing this one. Happily someone is taking me out to dinner to celebrate my birthday, making it three celebrations in one week with different friends. Obviously, grad students value free food! And it explains why so many of my pants have elastic waists.

I'd like to have us beat the Leafs, but as several folks have said it's not as important as resting injured players. We know we're going into the playoffs and some extra rest now, especially tacked onto the all-star break, can make a crucial difference at the end of the year. That said, I'd love to see Ehlers or Connor break out with multiple goal games, just to show the centre of the universe that the Jets are for real.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Dang.....I thought it was endorsement deals!
#1 answer is biased officiating.

Lucky you! I'm going to miss seeing this one. Happily someone is taking me out to dinner to celebrate my birthday, making it three celebrations in one week with different friends. Obviously, grad students value free food! And it explains why so many of my pants have elastic waists.

I'd like to have us beat the Leafs, but as several folks have said it's not as important as resting injured players. We know we're going into the playoffs and some extra rest now, especially tacked onto the all-star break, it can make a crucial difference at the end of the year. That said, I'd love to see Ehlers or Connor break out with multiple goal games, just to show the centre of the universe that the Jets are for real.
I think it's sweet of Stumbledore to take you out for dinner. Happy Birthday.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia