GDT: Game 47: Sabres vs Flames - 1/16 9:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Trying to figure out which scenario I would prefer:

1) Getting completely dominated by Calgary, with 5v5 shot attempts like 65% in favor of Calgary, but eeking out a 2-1 win with goals from, idk, Sobotka and Larsson.

2) Playing an even, high-event game with a superior team, but losing 6-5 in regulation, with big nights from Jack, Jeff, Sam, etc.
Def need the points.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
It's a team they should lose to which means they'll blow a 4-2 lead late in the 3rd and lose in OT. Then said game will be brought up for the next 2 weeks in an argument about how "We're actually not playing that bad!".

This falls directly between the two scenarios I posted above: they come out firing, with a few quick points for Jack and Skinner in the first period, then they spend the second half of the game giving it back and lose in OT, get completely caved in on shot attempts in the process. I could definitely see that happening....

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I think Bogo has been playing like a little bitch the past couple of weeks. Where's that gym tiger that'll make ya puke? This team needs Bogo to assert himself tonight. I think the entire defense feeds directly off his energy.

Last edited:

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
The sky is not falling.
This team has been playing better than their record in the last 10 indicates.
Come on boys, fight through it.

Reactions: Rasmi

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
This Western road trip is going to be the tipping point for this season I suspect.
Calgary is just to good, Buffalo won't be able to over come them I suspect.

It's getting ugly here in Buffalo again. If the metric for progress is the season being over in Jan. as opposed to Nov., then mission accomplished. But this team is in a tail spin that has ramifications beyond just the games they play now, it has to be demoralizing to these young players, 4 to 6 yrs for so many of our new core and no playoffs in sight. A breaking point is definitely being reached I strongly suspect.

Good luck boys, but you have no confidence from me at least, that you can win this game.
I thought the tipping point was the Carolina-Tampa and the final Edm embarressement.
They should have made 4 out of 6 pts.
They had 0 and are now 4pts out.

Reactions: GrierIsGod123

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Hutton might come back with a mega huge twerk load and win this thang for the sabres! :celebration: :congratulations: :all: :all around:
He will not play another game like the last one, after that one. He is the winner tonight period y'all.
The selection of hutton will be a huge one for housley, as good goalies do historically not play two bad games in a roll.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I went into this week expecting this one to be a loss, but after the last performance I'm still going to be mad if they lose tonight.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I went into this week expecting this one to be a loss, but after the last performance I'm still going to be mad if they lose tonight.

There's not one game I feel comfortable about on the road trip. MAYBE the Vancouver game. Even to start the month of February, there's not a game I feel comfortable saying we SHOULD win. Maybe the Detroit game.

These next 15 games can be really crucial to our season. If they aren't close to .550, I think you can kiss the season goodbye.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Who will shut Gaudreau, Lindholm and Monahan down?
Sumo+Goalie+%2528final%2529.jpg

Reactions: JackTheRipper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad