GDT: [Game #47] Dallas Stars @ Detroit Red Wings – 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
It wasn't pretty but before the season started I was terrified of what would happen if Oettinger or Heiskanen got injured...

They've, for the most part, got the job done without one or both of them.

Johnston's elevated his game to a new level since being put onto the new line. He was by far the most competitive player tonight for Dallas.

While I don't like the Benn-Steel-Pavelski line, I thought Steel has been noticeable in the last few games.

Oettinger needs to learn not to drop into a butterfly too early, players have learned to shoot high on him (as we've seen in the playoffs).

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Will take the two points. Calling it now, but have to ride or die Johnny with Robo and Hintz. They were awesome again tonight.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I don’t think that happens this year unless he starts tearing it up in a big way again. He and Stankoven have been getting caved in defensively

Don't forget, you can watch them get caved in for free this weekend. lol

1706066005422.png

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I don’t think that happens this year unless he starts tearing it up in a big way again. He and Stankoven have been getting caved in defensively
It's not fair to place the blame at their feet. I'd say the defensive collapse has way more to do with the team playing without their top goalie and their top defenseman for much of the past month or so.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
It's not fair to place the blame at their feet. I'd say the defensive collapse has way more to do with the team playing without their top goalie and their top defenseman for much of the past month or so.

I’m not sure fairness really matters when you’re talking about changing the foundation of how a GM prefers to have the team’s players developed. Wyatt just has everyone spoiled right now. The team clearly had no intention of keeping him with the big club but he forced their hand. Bourque and Stankoven may be the victims of Nill not wanting too many rookies for a cup run, but the truth is he probably wants them on the same path as Harley and then maybe activate one of them if we have an injury in the post-season. Rushing either one of these guys is a horrible move because we don’t need them right now.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I played goalie growing up so I know it’s tough tracking pucks with screens. I was taught to not reverse vh unless it’s a bad angle. Otter does it all of the time. But hey, he’s the NHLer and I’m watching on tv eating Little Ceaser’s ironically.
I usually eat Little Caesars unironically.
There was an extended period of time in my 20’s I was eating hot and readys 2-3 a week.

• Wow
Reactions: starsfan86

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Well, Suter had an egregious error that directly resulted in a goal, but, again, playing with Lundkvist the two of them for whatever reason form a decent tandem that tends to understand what the other is doing at least. I'll say I noticed a few times Suter making some correct pinching decisions.

Hakanpaa's bad moments came on the PK which those game scores tend to have trouble capturing.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Well, Suter had an egregious error that directly resulted in a goal, but, again, playing with Lundkvist the two of them for whatever reason form a decent tandem that tends to understand what the other is doing at least. I'll say I noticed a few times Suter making some correct pinching decisions.

Hakanpaa's bad moments came on the PK which those game scores tend to have trouble capturing.
Maybe Suter's seeming lack of "give a shit" provides a calming influence on Nils... whatever works I guess.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
imo as a whole nils seems to be playing better and better. not saying he's top 4 material yet, but he does seem to be more consistent.

Based on Shapiro’s recent interview with Nill, he’s pretty happy with Lundkvist and Harley.

“I think he’s done a good job. He’s a young guy, you know, and I probably have always looked at Nils with a different picture than everyone else. People want him to go zero to 100, when in reality it’s zero to 25. Twenty-five to 50, to 70, to 100.

I think he’s right on pace where we’d thought he’d be. He’s gonna have his highs and lows, but I think his past 20 games he’s been very good.”

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Hanley might have played his way off the team the last week or so if they do finally pick up somebody

Reactions: Elysian

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Based on Shapiro’s recent interview with Nill, he’s pretty happy with Lundkvist and Harley.

“I think he’s done a good job. He’s a young guy, you know, and I probably have always looked at Nils with a different picture than everyone else. People want him to go zero to 100, when in reality it’s zero to 25. Twenty-five to 50, to 70, to 100.

I think he’s right on pace where we’d thought he’d be. He’s gonna have his highs and lows, but I think his past 20 games he’s been very good.”
“Despite having an iron in multiple fires and having been in talks around acquiring a top-4 defenseman and being left holding my dick to round out free agency, the defenseman I acquired a month before the season started who then spent the entire season in the NHL wasn't actually expected to contribute in a meaningful way at that time.”

Jim retconning the 2022 offseason, a.k.a. making shit up.

Reactions: M88K

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jamie Benn's goal in this game is now being credited to Robertson. Guess Benn never touched it...weird

Sucks for me, I had bet on Benn to not get a point in the game and of course this is discovered the next day :laugh: he was the only guy in my parlay to not hit

Last angle here from behind the net shows it. He hit the defenders stick which hit the puck into the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad