GDT: [Game #47] Dallas Stars @ Detroit Red Wings – 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
“Despite having an iron in multiple fires and having been in talks around acquiring a top-4 defenseman and being left holding my dick to round out free agency, the defenseman I acquired a month before the season started who then spent the entire season in the NHL wasn't actually expected to contribute in a meaningful way at that time.”

Jim retconning the 2022 offseason, a.k.a. making shit up.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Jamie Benn's goal in this game is now being credited to Robertson. Guess Benn never touched it...weird

Sucks for me, I had bet on Benn to not get a point in the game and of course this is discovered the next day :laugh: he was the only guy in my parlay to not hit

Last angle here from behind the net shows it. He hit the defenders stick which hit the puck into the net.

Can you file for a review or something? We all know damn well if it was the other way around, they'd revoke the bet win.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Can you file for a review or something? We all know damn well if it was the other way around, they'd revoke the bet win.

Nah it's happened to me before (gone both ways for me actually so I have benefitted from it too at one point). It's on prize picks and they only change the bet results if the change happens 30 minutes or less after the game ends

Actually, it benefitted me here too cause I needed a Robertson assist in a separate bet and he doesnt hit if that Benn goal is changed sooner:laugh:

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018

Hey Nill gets high marks from me as a whole. Not across the board but no one is perfect, especially GMs- and we could have it much worse. I’ve also advocated for trading Lundkvist- but its great that he seems to be turning a corner and getting some confidence. I didn’t not think that was the issue, but also didn’t think once that issue was resolved it would unlock top-4 potential, which is obviously is the end goal. I would love to be proven wrong- i am wrong more than right on here so it wouldnt surprise me.

Its possible that was the thought process all along but that line of thinking also says he pretty much threw in the towel on finding another defenseman that season considering that tied up their first, and his acquisition of Lundkvist unlocked a long term vision of stability at the defensive position that outweighed the benefit of shoring up the defense for what realistically would have been a veteran for short term gains.

Started going off on a tangent about the acquisiton of Marchment, etc. and how that fit in but cutting myself off. It really doesn’t matter. Its possible that Jim had that vision all along, maybe he had to pivot after striking out and his statement is still technically correct, though somewhat of a defelction and omission of the team’s pivot of direction the offseason after things didn’t transpire as planned, but I couldn’t pass up the bantz.

Last edited:

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I think there are hurt feelings on my end, and possibly others, from the team’s good fortunes in the post-season and the only weak spot that was from the fans perspective, a failure to address. The MO was were shoring up the defense, it wasn’t shored up, and theres kind of a “what could have been” there for me on how things could have transpired if the Stars had secured a top-4 defenseman; which indisputably, did not happen. It didn’t help that what was supposed to be the team’s answer to that weak spot from the fans perspective was eating healthy scratches while the team was getting tuned up by Vegas. It is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad