GDT: Game 47: Avs @ Jets | Monday January 18th, 6pm MTN | Holiday Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Sounds like Lipon making his NHL debut for the Jets.

The guy we invited to camp that never existed due to the lockout.
Jets then drafted him the next year as an overager after he broke out in juniors.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i did other west conf. teams too

ducks: 8
yotes: 3
flames: 5 (twice, 2 pp goals in 15 games)
oilers: 7
kings: 4
sharks: 6 (twice)
canucks: 9

so 6 games without pp goal isn't that unusual.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I love Dutchy but that camo Avs hat needs to be tossed in a fire. :sarcasm:

Hes been wearing a version of that at times every year. As a former military member, I appreciate it.

The hat they pass around with a Army pin on the front is from 10th group Special Forces based out of Colorado Springs (Fort Carson) btw...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Zadorov wasn't good and probably will struggle at times for each game, but agreed that neither youngling should deserve to be sat. Maybe bring in Grigorenko for Martinsen, but Avs lost because they lack that big goal by our core. Its amazing how bad MacKinnon has played, but how he has 4 points in the last 5 games.

Zadorov struggled early and still had a pair of bad shifts later in the game, but once he got acclimated to the jacket's forecheck he did quite well.

Anyway, it's always nice to see other teams' fans' having their own Guenin's and Tanguay's:

Duchene comes down the wing, Stuart pinches for the hit at the blueline, but misses and instead takes out the quickly backskating Ehlers. Chariot stops skating in the confusion, leaving Duchene to get a close wrister on Hellebyuck. Hellebyuck deflects the shot with his blocker, sending it high into the press box. Gary Lawless reaches out at the puck thinking it is a delicious donut. He puts the puck in his mouth and starts choking. Gary Lawless, while choking, falls out of the press box onto several fans in section 214, causing 4 fatalities. As Gary Lawless falls, a senile Denis Beyak says "John Candy has just fallen out of the pressbox". Meanwhile on the ice, Stuart is complaining to the refs that Ehlers interfered him and should get a penalty. Maurice suffers a fatal heart attack on the bench from being beyond frustrate with Stuarts pinching. Chevy looks at his phone and has 30 missed calls from Paul Postma.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sounds like Lipon making his NHL debut for the Jets.

The guy we invited to camp that never existed due to the lockout.
Jets then drafted him the next year as an overager after he broke out in juniors.

The main reason for his breakout in junior was because of his linemate, Colin Smith. Now with that said, I love JC. He was a fan favorite here for 2 years and for good reason. He plays well in all areas of the ice and would fight the devil. He's literally scared of nothing. I highly doubt he ever provides much offense at the NHL level though.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I have a very bad feeling about this game, probably not gonna go well for the Avs

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Hello Avs fans,

Our bottom 6 is a joke right now, take a look at these lines:

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Ehlers - Perreault - Armia
Thorburn - Burmistrov - Halischuk
Lipon - Copp - Peluso

Two 4th lines at best. Lipon is making his NHL debut. Expect him to make some real noise. Think Brad Marchand with half the talent and twice the agitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad