Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

boston-bruins-jake-debrusk.gif

Love hearing this.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
obviously feeling pretty great about this team, but i do worry that we haven't seen them tested enough. It's starting to feel like teams are just rolling over for them since they are on such a run. In the playoffs when teams are playing desperate it's going to be a whole other animal. I hope they're ready to flip the switch.

As we all know a president's trophy is no guarantee of anything. It's easy to project this play all the way out to a Cup win but you just never know. See that 2014 team that wasn't quite this dominant but seemed similarly poised for a deep run. I will say if they don't win a Cup after the season they're having it's going to be absolutely devastating.

Reactions: BMC and LouJersey

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
obviously feeling pretty great about this team, but i do worry that we haven't seen them tested enough. It's starting to feel like teams are just rolling over for them since they are on such a run. In the playoffs when teams are playing desperate it's going to be a whole other animal. I hope they're ready to flip the switch.

As we all know a president's trophy is no guarantee of anything. It's easy to project this play all the way out to a Cup win but you just never know. See that 2014 team that wasn't quite this dominant but seemed similarly poised for a deep run. I will say if they don't win a Cup after the season they're having it's going to be absolutely devastating.

I get what you're saying but I don't really look at it that way. Regular season has been absolutely unreal, and clearly the team has what it takes. But we all know the playoffs are a different beast. I'm hopeful but wouldn't be devastated, i'm just enjoying the ride. And I do think they will be ready to flip the switch.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I too am a little concerned that they are not getting tested, but the Florida trip and Tor game will do that in spades. I saw a few issues with our 2014 team, lack of defensive depth, (Bartkowski), lack of speed on the wings, and a penchant for bad penalties.

With this team the only problem I see is slow centers. That is a major problem, but the wings are fast, which helps, and 37 and 46 are smart enough to compensate.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I think it’s just one of those years they roll to the Cup. They have a cup winner here and like you said this is would be 1998 Vikings to me if they don’t win. I would be catatonic

The bottom feeders of the NHL are becoming like MLB. There should be some sort of penalties imposed to these non competitive teams.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I get what you're saying and I largely agree. I'm not yet at the point of saying that anything less than a Cup would be devastating because the playoffs are brutal and the list of very very good regular season teams that ultimately came up short is long. But for sure the expectations and potential emotions that come with them are building.

Being tested is unfortunately largely outside of the team's control but the schedule ahead for the next little while, right through to March 4, includes the following games all against teams who can and at least in some cases should really challenge them:

Home: Capitals, Islanders, Senators (not very good but they've got it over us so far this season), Rangers
Away: Tampa, Florida, Carolina, Leafs, Stars, Preds, Seattle, Oilers, Flames

Some tougher matchups there, at least on paper, and quite a lot of time on the road. Hopefully it will see the Bruins put under some more serious pressure and we'll see how they handle it and ideally learn from it.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am amazed with what I am seeing, they are starting to play even better in the last few games. Only 14 goals allowed in 10 games this month. Our D scoring more consistently too. I'm enjoying as much as I can but sadly fell asleep before the end of the third, second time this season.....I guess I am pretty relaxed since this has never happened in the past.

I am excited about the road trip and I bet the boys are too.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Men vs Boys, total domination...... I'm left only thinking "this is one deep cup contender" and "will Pasta get 60 goals this season"... I'm already in the "They will win the Presidents Trophy and Ullmark will win the Vezina" ...hell Jennings Trophy is there for the taking ... and the Jack Adams ... just need Pasta to get the Rocket Richard ..again

Reactions: hrdpuk and bbfan419

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I get what you're saying and I largely agree. I'm not yet at the point of saying that anything less than a Cup would be devastating because the playoffs are brutal and the list of very very good regular season teams that ultimately came up short is long. But for sure the expectations and potential emotions that come with them are building.

Being tested is unfortunately largely outside of the team's control but the schedule ahead for the next little while, right through to March 4, includes the following games all against teams who can and at least in some cases should really challenge them:

Home: Capitals, Islanders, Senators (not very good but they've got it over us so far this season), Rangers
Away: Tampa, Florida, Carolina, Leafs, Stars, Preds, Seattle, Oilers, Flames

Some tougher matchups there, at least on paper, and quite a lot of time on the road. Hopefully it will see the Bruins put under some more serious pressure and we'll see how they handle it and ideally learn from it.

The only team that concerns me is Carolina.

We KNOW there will be injuries - but that applies to all teams - it's hockey :hit:

aguineapig

greer has been pretty good lately. good for him - he looked like he was in over his head for weeks.
should be an interesting road trip.
Greer has been good. He certainly gets under the skin of some posters on here, imagine what he does to the opponents on the ice. Good to see Carlo back and with some fight in him. Not so good to see him in a fight, too valuable for shut down and PK duty. Stick to your game Brando, we need you. Linus and Sway, share the shutout, share the love. Goalie hugs weren't the hug highlight of the night for me. Jack hugging Phoenix in the booth after the hi five took first place in my book. Hugs for all the Make a Wish kids each and every day.

1674475280075.png

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I too am a little concerned that they are not getting tested
Really?

What was last week’s Saturday night throwdown against the Maple Leafs? What about the back to back road games against the Rangers and Islanders?

Those weren’t games of dominoes at a house party.

I love your posts and what you bring to the table, and you seem like a pretty great guy, but what kind of test for the Bruins are you looking for?

We’re at the point now where the playoffs will be their test.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad