Post-Game Talk: GAME 46 - The BEAR got a bigger boat - Boston 4 San Jose 0

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
That was my first live game since the pandemic began.

And damn, this team is just at another level.

There will be some challenges of course, but games like this almost feel like a cakewalk.

Fun to see the Pastrnak one time from within shouting distance.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Honestly i thought he would have been past that by now, he dates back to the Joe Thornton days lol
He once told me that of all the guys that have played for the Bruins, Big Joe and Looch we're his favorites. Joe treated a very young Matty very well (per Matt).

When Savvy was injured Matty drove him around and helped him a lot. Matty was Savvy's best man at Marc's second wedding

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Love the thread title

Love Ullmark/Sway shared the shutout hah
zzb.jpg

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't know the exact rule, but I figured Ullmark wouldn't get credited with the shutout. Perhaps if San Jose had no shots on goal?

With a 4-0 lead, they could have put Falconer in Forbort's jersey and let him skate a shift. With helmet and visor, no one would've noticed. ;)

Loved Montgomery rewarding the bottom six guys with PP time at the end. Much like Carlo's somewhat ill-advised fight, that sort of thing bonds the locker room.

Smith on the scoresheet again and Greer making himself noticeable almost every shift.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Random thoughts:

Charlie McAvoy....or McDavid?! Wow, what a goal that was. Cut the Sharks D to ribbons. Lindholm's was sweet too. Good night again for the defenders. And Foligno's was great too, pure grunt work keeping the puck in the zone for a long time before finally getting the reward. Koppanen was an important part of that. After all that, Pasta's one-time bomb was just a de rigueur cherry on top.

Bruins started on time for once. Good to see. They'll need more of that on their road trip. Sharks were never in it, felt remotely threatening maybe two or three times tops. Another average team put away without mercy by the bear.

I wrote before the game about wanting to see Hall score a goal. It didn't happen, didn't even get a point, but he was still very very good. Busy, engaged, played fast and with purpose, created some great scoring opportunities. He keeps that up and the points will come again.

San Jose did just one thing well all night - they shut down the Czechmates. Just 1 shot on goal in 8 minutes for that line. CF% of only 17%. But the Sharks did that and still lost 4-0 against an opponent that probably played well but still not really near its very best. That's how good this Bruins team is. So many ways to hurt you, so hard to break down defensively, and even if you manage that, you still have to get a puck past the best goalie tandem in the league. These are special days. Treasure them folks.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Monday, January 23 (Boston, MA)

- No scheduled practice or media availability

- Travel to Montreal

Tuesday, January 24 (Bell Centre, Montreal, QC)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

- Travel to Tampa Bay

Wednesday, January 25 (Amalie Arena, Tampa Bay, FL)

- Practice, 2 p.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

Thursday, January 26 (Amalie Arena, Tampa Bay, FL)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

Friday, January 27 (Tampa Bay, FL)

- TBD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad