Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
You're a Nucks fan.

f***ing gross.

no offense. lol

ok, some offense.
He likes coffee though! And I have a coffee, so he isn’t so bad. See!

1707241091034.jpeg

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
:facepalm:

Yes, because Connor Brown does nothing else, but not score.
Not sure what this means but if you think Brown is so dominant outside of scoring goals then I disagree.

The man is as invisible as they come. He has 1 hit and 1 assist in his last 10 GP.
12 hits all season and is team worst in +/-.

His 1:40 SHTOI per game average doesn't make up for his ineffectiveness. Swap this time with Holloway or Hyman and we could actually have been better with the SH scoring chances he missed on.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I actually look at it differently. I think the team was running on fumes before the break looking kind of disinterested tbh.
They were quite fortunate to pull out a few of those games against lesser opponents, so I think the break and an opportunity to refresh came at the perfect time.

In any event, it'll be nice to see them play an opponent that's in their league. I think the team needs a challenge like this as well after a long stretch of weaker opposition.
The Oilers to this point have had a soft schedule. Post ASG the schedule increases in difficulty AND being compressed. Oilers have 5 B2B remaining. The schedule has been so light we almost forget what these are.

Maybe you're right but based on schedule the likelihood is that the running on fumes happens during this 2nd half. The NHL's latest little F you to the Oilers. Its the worst possible schedule getting games backloaded backhalf. Thats when you want some rest for playoffs. Oilers won't be getting any.

You're being obtuse about Brown's contributions. I love Gagner, he should get in more, but his foot speed is tough for him.
Obtuse would seem to be defending one of the worst players in the league still at this point. His contributions are minimal, and only take place on the pk.

Reactions: fresh meat

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
someone try and convince me that william carrier doesnt look like a lego man,

obvious incidental contact when vegas does it, 4 mins if oilers do it
This is what I get..

1707241677259.png

I think legoman and William Carrier had this father..

Holy f*** you guys, like I just don't have words for things this "silly"
Could just be you're picking a weird hill to defend. Hey, it happens. We've all been there.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Hopefully Nurse doesn't get suspended. I could have flashbacks.

Went out in snowstorm yesterday just to get a new 4k Tv to watch this game. Old TV blew up on Saturday watching team Matthews... It couldn't take it. No mas!
You'll enjoy watching the Vancouver riots on that? OLED?

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
The Oilers to this point have had a soft schedule. Post ASG the schedule increases in difficulty AND being compressed. Oilers have 5 B2B remaining. The schedule has been so light we almost forget what these are.

Maybe you're right but based on schedule the likelihood is that the running on fumes happens during this 2nd half. The NHL's latest little F you to the Oilers. Its the worst possible schedule getting games backloaded backhalf. Thats when you want some rest for playoffs. Oilers won't be getting any.

Obtuse would seem to be defending one of the worst players in the league still at this point. His contributions are minimal, and only take place on the pk.
I think the Oilers seem to do better playing more games. In the past they’ve always struggled with breaks and lax schedules, which is why it was nice to see them playing well through a scheduke with lots of days off.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You'll enjoy watching the Vancouver riots on that? OLED?
Went with Uled88K series for half the price. Pretty comparable reviews. Got a good deal. It'll capture the hues and clarity of a Vancouver riot pretty well. Surprising decent standalone audio quality as well.

They keep saying burn in doesn't happen on the newer Oleds but reports still occur and I wanted to avoid that. Also the Uleds last longer. Figured why not.

What a travesty I had to watch the Leafs play last night just to see how hockey looks on this screen. At least Islanders did me a solid winning it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nally and BlackDogg

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I think the Oilers seem to do better playing more games. In the past they’ve always struggled with breaks and lax schedules, which is why it was nice to see them playing well through a scheduke with lots of days off.
I think I read somewhere they play 37 games in like 72 days or something. I might be wrong on that though. either way they are playing a lot of hockey coming up.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I'm greatly annoyed that I'll have to miss a bunch of this game (stupid work) after waiting so long for Oilers hockey to resume, but hope to at least catch some of it.

GOOOOOOOO Oilers.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Some players get better like McD. I think with Drai too many games in a row and he looks like the B version. Plus we've ridden Hyman so hard this season that could impact too. But this is s seriously f***ed up remaining schedule. So many games left. As posted its 37games in 72 days, considering with lots of travel, with lots of B2B's.

I get the view that the team could be better with more games but I also consider that the team having to haul off 16W's in a row to get where they are right now could also already have been taxing.

Reactions: RattsSSV

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Nevermind the streak, we are either 3 points within Vegas after this or 7 points (barring OT). I know we have a bunch of games in hand as well.

Reactions: Play

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Big prediction. Brown gets 2 goals and the streak ends lol

Also, a very odd good luck omen from Canada. Drake had a leaked shlong video online. Lets say it resembles our winning streak. It's very big/long, meaning the streak will continue..

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad