GDT: Game 46: Oilers in Vegas - 8 pm - SN West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
8pm games - the worst, especially big ones like this.

Waiting until 8 for the game sucks enough, but then not being able to sleep until midnight at best and 2am at worst depending on how the game goes is the cherry on top.
Yeah, especially if it's an especially exciting game, you have to wind down lol (Or I do a bit anyway)

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Weird seeing that the Oilers average age is 30, we've been so used to them being the "young team" since '06 really. Really illustrates that this is truly a "win now" team.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yeah, especially if it's an especially exciting game, you have to wind down lol (Or I do a bit anyway)

Ya I'm the same way good or bad in the big games like this, can usually drift off after an 8pm game against say the Sharks unless we blow it. If the Oilers stink I'm too pissed off to sleep, if they win a close one I'm too amped up to sleep, if they blow the other team out I'm also too amped up to sleep.

In the playoffs there is virtually no way I get to sleep prior to 1-2am at best when the games start at 8.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I gotta ask how you can be both a nucks fan and oiler fan? I can't even cheer for the team of the province I was born in (Winning) or like 25 years later cheer for any other college baseball team except the one that gave me a scholarship that I barely played for after blowing out my elbow lol. Especially another SEC team.

You must be one very well adjusted person.

Reactions: Play

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I gotta ask how you can be both a nucks fan and oiler fan? I can't even cheer for the team of the province I was born in (Winning) or like 25 years later cheer for any other college baseball team except the one that gave me a scholarship that I barely played for after blowing out my elbow lol. Especially another SEC team.

Nuck land is a strange place.

I travel there often, and when the Nucks stunk they were obsessed with the Oilers. "McDavid is amazing, Oilers are my second team, blah blah blah." Kind of struck me as an indicator of their bandwagon element, because you're not going to find even the most causal Oiler fans ever saying the Nucks were their second favourite team no matter the circumstance.

Then fast forward to a time when they deem themselves better than the Oilers and all they do is shit on the team. Their loyalties truly twist in the wind, not a knowledgeable fan base or hockey city whatsoever. When Nucks are good = "IM A HUGE NUCK FAN!" when Nucks aren't good = "I also love the Oilers!"

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Being a fan doesn’t necessarily mean exclusivity, but rather appreciating the sport and its dynamics from different perspectives. Plus, it keeps things interesting!

Also I just love Canadian folks in general , and these two teams are some of the most passionate fanbases around, I truly love them

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Singh is also a Nucks and Oilers fan :sarcasm:

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
Obvious game-day predictions:

-After 1 week off, both teams will look awful in the first period. Passes will be off their mark, nothing will look sharp. At least two posters will accuse McDavid and Draisaitl of being arrogant/lazy and lacking leadership.

-Perry will do something to piss off the Golden Knights. We will thoroughly enjoy it.

-Oilers fans will be mad at the officials.

Reactions: ujju2 and LTIR

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Shouldn't even be playing. The disrespect Gagner gets. The guy has 6ES points in last 10GP playing 4th line mins.
That's the same number as Foegele and higher than Kane, Nuge, McLeod and others bottom 6er at ES in last 10GP
:facepalm:

Yes, because Connor Brown does nothing else, but not score.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
It's go #17
1000017191.jpg

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Being a fan doesn’t necessarily mean exclusivity, but rather appreciating the sport and its dynamics from different perspectives. Plus, it keeps things interesting!

Also I just love Canadian folks in general , and these two teams are some of the most passionate fanbases around, I truly love them
You're a Nucks fan.

f***ing gross.

no offense. lol

ok, some offense.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

someone try and convince me that william carrier doesnt look like a lego man,

Not a penalty if Vegas is doing it.
obvious incidental contact when vegas does it, 4 mins if oilers do it

Reactions: Biltmore
Status